Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not? [Closed]

I voted No. Melih, you should wait until the development team are 99.9% sure it is 100% solid and then let out the last RC. As long as this has taken to develop it would be a shame to have a final with some bugs left in it.

Progress is coming along really nicely. I look forward to CFP being integrated with CMG :smiley:

Same. I voted yes but changed my mind. I want comodo to have a good rep. But cannot wait til 3.3 with all this patent pending stuff Melih is bragging about :BNC.

I vote Yes for XP but No for Vista.
Dennis

I voted no only becauseā€¦ I would hate for Comodo (Known for the great products it has) release a premature firewall and have a few reviewers write about it not being up to par. (B)

I voted NO. I think youā€™re only trying to keep us on our toes. :-\

why would i do that?
i want you to trust me, not to doubt me :slight_smile:

Melih

I donā€™t understand why the no-sayers are ā€œleadingā€. Perhaps their philosophy (maybe I should put that up in the proper thread) is ā€œthe best way to avoid getting disappointed is to be pessimisticā€. Me, Iā€™m optimistic here.

/LA

I was one of the early NO voters. Let me explain why : It is not that I donā€™t trust Comodo and/or doubt Melihā€™s judgement as some people suggested. What I want is CFP 3.0 to be a top product that works for 99.99% of the people. Personaly I am not scared of a few bugs, but other people will look with a very critical eye to it. So Comodo should release CFP 3.0 when it is ready, and not a day earlier :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Thank you very much for judging ( also ) me in public. Maybe the intensions of the NO voters are better than yours. Think about that !

Red.

There is no need to start up tension, both the people that voted yes and no have the same goal, to reach the best firewall for all of us!

(V)

Exactly. This question maybe direct, but itā€™s also vague in the sense that itā€™s opened to different interpretations. My own feeling is that Melih wants to have some kind of idea on what the members felt on the release date. Itā€™s obvious that the ultimate decision is still decided by Comodo :).

Well, for those whoā€™ve waited a year or longer, a litte more time wonā€™t make much of a difference ;).

Well I think everybody (it seems absolutely everybody actually) has considered the same two things: the (unattainable) 100.00 per cent bug-free aspiration on one hand; and the impatience for the final release or maybe just the realization that it has to happen some day, and why not the 20th if the devs think itā€™s okay. So the only point of discussion is the predictions about whether the date is a good idea, and thatā€™s totally guess-work for us forum lurkers. So if this is about betting okay, although I never bet anything anyway because Iā€™m a follower of Sun Tzuā€™s teachings even though I never read him. :stuck_out_tongue:

Does BOCLEAN ring a bell? :slight_smile:

Al

That is also one of my concerns :-\ COBOClean has still a major issue. We know ( thru Tyler ) that Comodo is aware of it, we know Comodo knows what the bug is, but there is no fix so far :cry: If you talk about trust, that should be a concern :-\ I donā€™t want CPF 3.0 going the same way ā€¦

Greetz, Red.

I voted yes for one reason, comodo firewall although in beta stage beats the hell of all the firewalls out there including onlinearmor with all dew respect to the people at onlinearmor, never gave me any trouble ,few things here and there overall the best of the best, three cheers to all who spend day & night writing this wonderfull software.

best regards

As long as egemen fixed the 19 pages of bugs(cpf 3.0.10/11). If he has than give us a picture of your eyes Melih so we can look into them and post ā€œEgemen has fixed all 19 pages of bugsā€. If you can do that than release it :D.

I have to say no also, I hate to be different. :ā– ā– ā– ā– 

Iā€™m going to say yes :). I donā€™t think Melih would have announced a date (20th), if he / devā€™s didnā€™t think CFP3 was ready to be launched. Iā€™m guessing CFP3 is ready right now (the build they have) and they are now working on the documentation. That said, a huge bug could come along between now and then (hopefully not) and push the release date back.

:slight_smile:

As long as itā€™s Bug free and as stable as 2.4 i would launch it :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not judging you or any ā€œno-sayerā€ specifically. That philosophy thing was mostly sarcastic, sorry if that wasnā€™t obvious. Iā€™m just trying to understand why so many thinks that CFP 3 wonā€™t be released on the 20th, when Melih even starts a poll about it. Perhaps it will be delayed, I donā€™t know, but Iā€™m still optimistic.

LA