Alternate Data Stream ":$CmdTcID:$DATA"

Then those trying back v7, will deal with non solved V7 bugs >:-D

Hi jeromex,
There are just so many variables.
If we were to make all our systems bug free we would have no software installed, not even an operating system.

Kind regards.

We’re waiting for a new release. We’re still with the same one.

I was able to delete the ADSs after booting to safe mode. Any standard ADS tool will remove the ADSs in safe mode. Giant pain…

An even better way than “safe boot” to clear the ADSs is to use “AutoRuns” (sysinternales.com) to temporarily disable “cmdGuard”
which is listed under “Drivers”. Reboot and run the ADS tool of your choosing then enable “cmdGuard” and reboot to return
to normal.

It appears “cmdGuard” establishes a mount point filter (file system filter) on the NTFS drives which intercepts file i/o and
restricts changes to the ADS.

Is there any temporary fix for ads through registry etc? Till the next cycle release probably?

Regards
ab

please do NOT double post it is against the forum policy

Is there REALLY still no fix for this?

Where can i download v7 or is there another firewall everyone in this thread had switched to?

Thanks for that :wink:

Is running v7 still as secure as running v8?

Anyone ??

ok so has anyone used Online Armor Free firewall?

You can safely use v7. Change the security settings from CIS following Chiron’s recommendations as described in his article How to Install Comodo Firewall and be safe.

Is there a link for just the firewall?

Why don’t comodo just fix this problem and then there wouldn’t be a need to look for another firewall ?

I would not actually call it a fixed, but the recent Beta release does allow you to disable it.

They have been changes in the way it actually works if you do not disable it, but it has not been confirmed it is fixed.

Dennis

The problem is, that this behaviour changes the “Last Change”-timestamp, causing Problems with syncing/backup-Tools.

Even with COMODO 8 shut down (not disabled) this does still occcur.

Worst thing is, that I cut & pasted some files - now I can not recover the old timestamp probably?!

I dont like the new GUI anyway - But I think as soon as I have some spare time I will look for another Firewall software…

What is the current state of the ADS-issue?
I’m pretty annoyed by CIS 7 bugging me with “please update”-Messages all the time… - and also for safety reasons it’s not a good solution to use a version of a software that is no longer supported…

Then simply disable the automatic look up of the program update or disable the ADS tracking in in CIS v 8.2. No security issue with the latter solution.

Actually I posted i the other thread first, but then I saw that there is an official “known bug”.
So by standard config of 8.2 ADS is still used, breaking the ability to use sync tools?!

thank you.