Author Topic: Certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification authority?  (Read 53260 times)

Offline caffeinePete

I just installed a Comodo Instant SSL cert on my (iis 6) server.  When I navigate to a secure page for that site, I get a security warning: "The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust..."

When I view the cert, the certificate information shows "The certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification authority".

How do I resolve this?

Thanks,
Pete

Offline caffeinePete

Never mind.
It looks like the problem may have been that I didn't have the ComodoSecurityServicesCA.crt or GTECyberTrustGlobalRoot.crt installed on the server.
Once I installed those, the warning went away.

Offline dfmcleod

Re: Certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification authority?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 12:21:48 PM »
I am also getting this message on my website.  I looked through the Installation instructions and didn't see anything that we might have missed.  When I view the certificate on the server (through IIS), it says "Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate".  And if I look at the "Certification Path" tab, it says:  "The issuer of this certificate could not be found."

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
D. McLeod

Offline garry

• Retired Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification authority?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 05:54:19 AM »
Hi,

If the intermediate certificates are not installed then you will see the message:
"Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate"
and the certificate path will not be complete to a trusted root certificate.

So, you will need to install all of the certificates that were sent.

Garry
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 11:00:41 AM by garry »

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek