Author Topic: Comodo pllaying commercial games now.  (Read 21179 times)

Offline ketans

• Comodo Member
Re: Comodo pllaying commercial games now.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 02:48:13 PM »
Ohh ok ok ... you are right, the moderators are not employees of Comodo 'officially'.
You all know, the geek buddy and dragon can be deselected, but there is a very tiny link to that option below, which makes users just go next next while instalation. Why do Comodo need to do such tricks? these activities are scam like.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 03:51:24 PM »
Ohh ok ok ... you are right, the moderators are not employees of Comodo 'officially'.
Without corroborating evidence we are still in Speakers Corner.
You all know, the geek buddy and dragon can be deselected, but there is a very tiny link to that option below, which makes users just go next next while instalation. Why do Comodo need to do such tricks? these activities are scam like.
Installers of Java and Adobe Reader f.e. have additional options similarly tucked away. It seems a new trend in UI design of installers.

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 04:46:08 PM »
One of the first things i got taught about the internet and installations: Look carefully what you are about to do.

Tell this your friends, and they have a harmless chance to learn it while installing a security product ;)

There are a lot of reputated programs that give you the choice of installing unexpected things with them. I dont like it. But as i know it, i am reading the windows, and making the decision i want to make.

If you call this scam, you relativate real scams, crimes. In real scams, you dont have an informed choice.

Btw, make sure that you dont have a "mc affee" product on your computer, which you might have gotten by installing flash player on the page :D
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there was no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen."

Offline ketans

• Comodo Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 01:02:41 AM »
Without corroborating evidence we are still in Speakers Corner.Installers of Java and Adobe Reader f.e. have additional options similarly tucked away. It seems a new trend in UI design of installers.
hmmmm. thank you for telling. :) ... you are a nice guy.
Adobe Java are hidden criminals everyone knows that, but that doesnt mean Comodo should follow them. Comodo started with genuine interface and generous brief software when they were in the phase of attracting users to them. They should keep the good work.
Clockwork, when some company needs to use visual tricks to make the user ignore or not notice an option, is a scam like activity. Definitely it is some kind of spyware activity. I mean, those who look carefully dont install, or remove the unwanted software later, but those who are not able to notice are almost 70% if not 90%, or if you pull down you still have 50% users who will fall prey to these comodo suspicious needs. I know we have to look carefully, thats how I found it, but 90% of users fall prey to these visual tricks.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 08:55:36 AM »
hmmmm. thank you for telling. :) ... you are a nice guy.
Adobe Java are hidden criminals everyone knows that, but that doesnt mean Comodo should follow them. Comodo started with genuine interface and generous brief software when they were in the phase of attracting users to them. They should keep the good work.
Clockwork, when some company needs to use visual tricks to make the user ignore or not notice an option, is a scam like activity.
Definitely it is some kind of spyware activity.
This calls for corroboration. Please substantiate this claim.

Offline ketans

• Comodo Member
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 10:09:15 AM »
Lets see. .....

a chocolate-> (%) for eric.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 12:48:16 PM »
Lets see. .....

a chocolate-> (%) for eric.
To but repeat myself:
This calls for corroboration. Please substantiate this claim.

Offline ketans

• Comodo Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 01:44:49 PM »
Which claim?

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 03:49:51 PM »

Offline ketans

• Comodo Member
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 05:19:38 AM »
First, tell me why do Comodo need to push Geekbuddy and Dragon in users computers? They even make ugly screens like I agree to install Geekbuddy, or I agree to install Comodo and proceed. So that the users let it be in fear that the agreement is for the whole application he wants to install in the pc. and we let the installation.
When I find the link to deselect the options to install those two pushware, it still installs anyway. so here is there trick. this is spyware like activity. You really know about it. You are just showing it like you dont understand.

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 05:26:49 AM »
First, tell me ..
No, you need to either provide evidence of your claim (as stated above) or withdraw/amend it. Thanks.
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 07:30:56 AM »
First, tell me why .......

No! Stop deflecting.

Before there are any other issues raised, please refer back 8 posts and explain

Definitely it is some kind of spyware activity.

You stated this in direct relation to CIS without providing any proof or corroboration.

Explain this.
Retract this.

These are your two options - not asking a deflecting question - just these two.
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline ketans

• Comodo Member
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 09:17:37 AM »
I already explained. after the "first tell me..............

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 09:50:56 AM »
I already explained. after the "first tell me..............
I cannot see this, please highlight for me. Thanks. But, I am seeking supporting evidence of CIS being spyware.. not an explanation.
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Sal Amander

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Technical Support
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 11:55:25 AM »
I cannot see this, please highlight for me. Thanks. But, I am seeking supporting evidence of CIS being spyware.. not an explanation.

I think the OP speaks of this...

First, tell me why do Comodo need to push Geekbuddy and Dragon in users computers? They even make ugly screens like I agree to install Geekbuddy, or I agree to install Comodo and proceed. So that the users let it be in fear that the agreement is for the whole application he wants to install in the pc. and we let the installation.
When I find the link to deselect the options to install those two pushware, it still installs anyway. so here is there trick. this is spyware like activity. You really know about it. You are just showing it like you dont understand.

It sounds more like a bug and a mistake rather than spyware but that's just me.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek