What other security products do you use?

What other security products, besides CIS (if any) do you use?

Malwarebytes antimalware - this gets recommended a lot

Hitman Pro - this one as well, for on-demand scans

Spyware blaster - Provides passive protection by blacklisting sites \ IPs

Super Antispyware \ Spybot search & destroy 2.2 - what do you think of them?

It seems you can use them all, since they don’t seem to conflict with CIS or each other…but maybe it’s an overkill?

Zemana AntiLogger Free is the only additional security product I use.

Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes are enough for second opinion scanners. An occasional scan with Super Antispyware is good because it will sometimes will pickup adware other don’t.

Spyware Blaster and Spybot that would be the overkill. Spybot’s time has come and gone unless they really step it up.

Just an opinion.

I will add this since I use it. http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/cmd/

I’ve never had anything get through CIS, but I’m a fan of second opinion scanners worth scanning with.

i tried crystal (link on this site) : good opinion
i did not know Zemana AntiLogger Free.

If one trusts Defense+ to do its job Zemana is redundant
SUPERAntiSpyware is completely discredited which is a shame
HitmanPro is a top notch scanner, on a league of its own

I use MBAM to scan downloaded files and do the odd full system scan

Explain Please ?

I don’t trust Defense+ to block trusted malware from keylogging and I don’t trust it to block malware in FV sandbox from keylogging. ← Simply because it won’t in those situations.

bank of china is not compatible so it will be good only with your bank on your account bank in your town, and for your country ? does it mean that china is "agree " for implement a malware to their client ? Like i do not know this tool i could misunderstand ; anyway it is strange …
:a0

Oh, well, most of the things I use aren’t exactly meant for security purposes although I use them still for security purposes. This might serve the condition of not being overkill, I think.

1. NTFS File permissions

2. Sandboxie + BSA

3. A bootable non-persistent OS with SecurityKISS VPN with pre-configured firefox and chrome as well as TrueCrypt

4. ProcessLasso (helps loosen up rogues)

5. RevoUninstaller coupled with Collomb’s Unlocker

6. I did try a lot of alternatives and these include:
    KeyScrambler,
    SpyShelter,
    USB Guardian,
    ImmunetProtect,
    Wondershare Time Freeze 2.0 (actually I still use this one from time to time),
    WinPatrol,
    Emsisoft Emergency Kit,
    ESET’s SysInspector,
    and some obscure file/folder tracking program (I tried googling it, but couldn’t find it so try something else I guess. Track-system-changes kind of program)

ThreatExpert’s mighty fine, too, although I’m not too sure if it’s still being developed. Try alternatives.
http://www.threatexpert.com/filescan.aspx
http://www.threatexpert.com/sescan.aspx

I use EMET with CIS.

Apart from the main protection I use Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro for on-demand scans.

I use Zemana Free Antilogger with CIS. Same config as Sanya :wink:

I have HitmanPro for on-demand scans.

Do you have to buy Hitman pro after a certain amount of time?

It’s free to scan and detect. Paid to remove and fix. Once you know your infected that’s 90% of the battle so from a freeware perspective it’s golden.

Sandboxie, Shadow Defender, and Malwarebytes. Sandboxie is still my favorite because of its easy recovery option. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

What is the easy recovery option in Sandboxie? And does CIS not have this?

I think he means Quick Recovery

[attachment deleted by admin]

Products that have the default to need active behaviour of the user :

Erunt with regular back up and restore
ZSoft Uninstaller
Regshot
Process Explorer
Clonezilla Live USB AMD64

Others :
Firefox
StripmyRights (but it is more a simple technique using windows functions to limit some applications to user rights on a standard admin session)
very useful I think
Icesword
GMER
Scans with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool every six month which never found anything
Malwarebytes Anti-Spyware and anti-Rootkits, idem

No permanent antivirus and safe