Author Topic: Virtualization (Returnil)  (Read 51364 times)

Offline andyman35

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Virtualization (Returnil)
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2008, 06:33:27 PM »
You can create a virtual drive where everything you put there will NOT be deleted.
so the two features we introduced were these features where you can create a section where no matter how many times u restart the information will persist and the other is session saving.

Melih

My bad,I completely missed that when I trialled DS (it was at 4am though!).I didn't get any prompt as to whether I wished to create a permanent storage area or not,perhaps you could include this as an option during installation ? However this makes Diskshield a very attractive alternative to Returnil Pro.Also I'd presume from the 'block advanced disk access' option that this is fully hardened against 'killdisk' type malware? :-TU
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:41:16 PM by andyman35 »

3xist

« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2008, 06:52:57 PM »
You can create a virtual drive where everything you put there will NOT be deleted.
so the two features we introduced were these features where you can create a section where no matter how many times u restart the information will persist and the other is session saving.

Melih

Thanks for this info, Melih.

I will look at the final version of this when the help-guide is available, and hopefully I won't need a VM Anymore. ;)

Josh

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2008, 09:01:52 PM »
My bad,I completely missed that when I trialled DS (it was at 4am though!).I didn't get any prompt as to whether I wished to create a permanent storage area or not,perhaps you could include this as an option during installation ? However this makes Diskshield a very attractive alternative to Returnil Pro.Also I'd presume from the 'block advanced disk access' option that this is fully hardened against 'killdisk' type malware? :-TU

yep!

Melih

Offline andyman35

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2008, 07:14:40 PM »
yep!

Melih

I'll certainly recommend DS as soon as it reaches a full release status,it looks as if Comodo has hit the spot with this one! (V)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »
I'll certainly recommend DS as soon as it reaches a full release status,it looks as if Comodo has hit the spot with this one! (V)

Thank you!

Melih

Offline andyman35

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2008, 02:29:07 PM »
Thank you!

Melih

My pleasure Melih,it's the least any of us can do to promote quality FREEWARE such as this.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek