Top 20 security software you'd recommend to your best friend(s).

So what are your “faves” these days? And whom do you trust? :stuck_out_tongue:
Including fully flegded security suites, stand-alone firewalls, HIPS progs, anti-malware shields / scanners, virtualizing / sandboxing software, anti-key-logging tools, anti-screen-logging tools, anti-camera-logging tools, anti-microphone-logging tools, anti-rootkit tools, PUPs / adware / scareware removal tools, encryption tools, VPN software, “secure” browsers, security addons, cleaners (of all sorts) and so on…

Please do not list more than 20 at a time, and only what you (personally) consider the best / most helpful / trustable at the moment. :wink:

Cheers, REBOL. :slight_smile:

Hi MorphOS REBOL,

1. Favourites, Comodo products.
  2. I trust the person between my keyboard and my chair. :wink:

Kind regards.

Well, in no particular order…

1. WinPatrol
  2. Threatfire (although admittedly, it’s only used on a persistent XP system. I’ve forgotten how I tamed it.)
  3. TAILS
  4. Revo Uninstaller coupled with Collomb’s Unlocker
  5. NTFS file system security rules
  6. Sandboxie with BSA
  7. Emsisoft Emergency Kit
  8. SecurityKISS
  9. HitmanPRO
  10. ProcessHacker
  11. Duct tape, hammer and a strong magnet (they aren’t free, but they are handy)
  12. USB Guardian
  13. ProcessLasso or Process Tamer(helps me deal with rogues)
  14. Spider senses and
  15. Bat signal (though the dude does try to tinker more than what he should)

In no order and I don’t necessarily “trust” all of them…

• Comodo Firewall (The best free HIPS product I’ve found for Windows 8+ (On windows 10 now) and 64bit)
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free (To be fair I haven’t been using this a lot but might as well use it now that it supports Comodo Dragon)
  • Zemana AntiLogger Free (Just for that extra protection against keyloggers)
  • Zemana AntiMalware (Got a free life-time license for beta testing, have no idea how effective it is but at the moment it just runs a “smart scan” at logon which for me has causes no slow downs, also it’s cloud based and powered by 8(?) engines)
  • Private Internet Access VPN (Using OpenVPN)
  • DNSCrypt (Set up in my router to use the DNS from dnscrypt.eu (Also what is the plural of DNS?))
  • Comodo Dragon (Although planning to switch to Vivaldi when that gets to a state I’m comfortable of running in)
  • Comodo IS Proactive Configuration - HIPS/safe mode , Firewall/custom policy, Sandbox/untrusted, Antivirus/stateful

• Zemana Antilogger purely for KeyCrypt SDK

• Various second opinion scanners - Hitman Pro, Zemana Antimalware, Malwarebytes Premium, Emsisoft Commandline Scanner

• Private Internet Access (PPTP)

• Virus Total / Jotti’s Malware Scan

• Kruptos 2 Professional

• Firefox - NoScript, Request Policy, uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Sticky Password

Well, Microsoft thinks you should not. :o
PEBKAC – Even Microsoft is getting in on this :wink:

Still being in active development?

LOL. :slight_smile:

And you have webrtc blocked, I guess?

Again, with webrtc disabled?

Thanks for your answers so far. :slight_smile:
Cheers, REBOL.

Absolutely. No webrtc ever. It screams track me.

https://ipleak.net/ <---- My first stop ever time I use the VPN. Checking mainly for DNS Leaks.

Ever did that test as well, sAyer?

http://ip-check.info/?lang=en

Cheers, REBOL :slight_smile:

Here’s another interesting site, btw.: (German only, but the recommended “about:config-values” should be clear to anyone; unfortunately not always keeping up with the latest FF versions)
http://wiki.kairaven.de/open/app/firefox

Cheers, REBOL. :slight_smile:

Hi REBOL,
Well I do believe (numerous) such cases exists where there is ‘Intel inside idiot outside’. :smiley:
I will still trust my own judgement though. :wink:

Kind regards.

You started the post and have not answered your own question. What are you using ?

These are English and up to date.

And rightly so, Cap. :wink:
But anyway, I seem to remember to have read somewhere in the past, that (at least certain) Intel chipsets might be compromised from scratch anyway, i. e. having certain BD functionalities by intent.
Or, am I wrong assuming that?

Cheers, REBOL :slight_smile:

I have read the same, which further highlights my comment on who to trust. :slight_smile:

Kind regards.

Well, being a German, I’ve always been using lots of American software (esp. for Windows) of course, including COMODO software. I must’ve been using COMODO’s SW for something like a decade (or is it already over a decade?) now. :wink:
I’ve used KIS as well many times, and whilst their (KAV) detection rate certainly always seemed a whole lotta better than CAV’s ever might be able to achieve, I didn’t trust the way their “whole package” worked.
Now, do I trust COMODO? I won’t tell ya. :wink:
I do trust Melih, personally, that is.
But I don’t feel (and never have) any real TRUST towards ANY company, of course.
The internet is, what it is, and what it is, is not trustable by any means. Did Melih ever tell you that the internet is a safe place?
It ain’t, of course.
If there are any “gag orders” in existance out there (as we know now, there’ve been many of them in the past) in the US of A, well, then it is like it is.

But I went OT for a minute or so.

Now, let’s see what’s left:
MalwareBytes are giving you some cool, efficient Software, of course.
EmsiSoft are having fine ethics concerning the usage of user data, if they’re not lying.
Zemana, making great software as well, are somewhat related to Google, if I remember right.
However you’re looking at it, trust your wife and yourself. Maybe your children and best friends as well, if there aren’t too many.

Because you’ll never know for sure, don’t trust any SW company out there by your very heart.
But even if you did (not recommended), don’t trust the internet.

Because it’s been totally compromised from the very beginning.

So, have fun and continue being an object of interest to people you never met. Like I do. I’m sure they’re having fun and making fun of us as well. They’re out there. And they’re no aliens, for sure.

Cheers and sleep well, my friend (don’t be angry, I’ve just been trying to hint at the truth, not to be confused with the term “trust”, not at all.

REBOL. :slight_smile:

I do, or rather I have the Block WebRTC extension for Chrome, not sure if it’s even effective or not but even if it isn’t then the only thing that would leak is my local private IP address (192.168.1.X) and not my public IP (because of the way the VPN is set up I guess…)

Just check https://ipleak.net/ to see if the extension is working.

Not at home at the moment but last I checked it didn’t show anything in the test.

Oh, right. Recommend to best friends. Guess, I missed that description. No, it’s no longer in development but it was surprisingly effective. I’d say SpyShelter’s a close alternative. Although I haven’t used my Windows rig in a while and haven’t done much testing lately, so I can’t testify for it’s effectiveness.

OpenDns

Microsoft Security Essentials (As a For FREE choice)

Firefox with No Script & uBlock Origin

Sandboxie

Emet

BIOS set to UEFI with secure boot, all keys/signatures applied
No JAVA & Silverlight installed
Windows Update set to auto, using password (MS account with two factor authentication) and smartsceen

1. O&O ShutUp 10
  2. Comodo Firewall Free (only Firewall in manual mode with all additional protection checked and auto sandbox (+ own trusted vendor list))
  3. 360 Total Security Essential
  4. HitmanPro Alert (none licensed)
  5. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (on demand scanner)
  6. Cyberfox Intel x64
  7. HTTPS-Everywhere
  8. uBlock Origin (all valid lists and no local ip leak)
  9. LastPass (two factor authentication)
  10. CCleaner + CCnhancer
  11. Norton Safe Connect option C
  12. Sysinternals Autoruns