New firewall to replace Comodo

Like many folks, I tried to install CIS v7 on Win8.1U1 with no success. I have been using Comodo for about 6 years, but I can’t live without a firewall on my new PC. Can anyone tell which firewalls allow control over which sites and ports each application can access, and suspend unauthorized connections until the user can allow once/remember/deny with a pop-up (as opposed to blocking then informing, forcing a manual reconnection)?

I vaguely remember TinyFirewall and Privatefirewall being capable of such though I’m not too sure at the moment.

I assume you are referring to http://tinywall.pados.hu/
Being just a GUI to the Windows Firewall, TinyWall blocks new applications and just informs the user about it.

Does anybody have experience with Privatefirewall to compare with Comodo?

I have been looking at Emsisoft Online Armor. It appears that host names cannot be specified in rules.

Yeah that’s the one.

Feature overview Multiple and easy ways to whitelist programs Automatic learning mode Firewall tampering protection Password lockdown of settings Quick modes, like Normal protection, Allow outgoing, Block all, Allow all and Learning mode Support for temporary/timed firewall rules [b]Port and domain blocklists[/b] Hosts file protection Option to always allow communication within LAN Option to restrict an application to the LAN Recognition of safe software and impostors Full IPv6 support List established and blocked connections View open ports on your machine 100% free and clean software. No fees, no ads, no paid

PrivateFirewall’s easy to configure. There were a few quirks back then such as open ports although having been configured to be stealthed. But that was a long time ago.

Emsisoft is supposed to have a good firewall. :slight_smile:

Second only to Comodo, that is. (as Bit Defender is not free). :wink:

I’d really like to see a newer comparison, though, as this one is from 2013:

http://www.anti-malware-test.com/firewall_test_outbound_protection_2013

Kind regards, REBOL.

I suggest … Comodo 5.10 >:-D

:-TU excellent

I don’t see nothing else, and before I was with Kerio but there was problems

Please don’t crosspost and stay on topic. You are on the mod’s radar.