how to configure comodo internet security with outpost internet security pro 9.1

hi i searched up and down this forum along with google and can not find an answer. i would like to know how to configure comodo internet security to work with outpost internet security without there being any configuration problems. i currently have both setup on my computer both already installed. what i don’t have is a way to whitelist each other so they don’t clash. can someone please help. and yes i know i shouldn’t be running two internet security suites together but i want to for added protection. because outpost has picked up intrusions that comodo hasn’t and vice versa. im currently working with windows 8.1

Just uninstall one of them. ;D

i currently have both setup on my computer both already installed.

Not a good idea at all.

what i don't have is a way to whitelist each other so they don't clash. can someone please help.

They’ll always “clash”. There’s no such thing as a “white list” for what you’re intending to do.

and yes i know i shouldn't be running two internet security suites together

So you already know the answer. :wink:

but i want to for added protection. because outpost has picked up intrusions that comodo hasn't and vice versa. im currently working with windows 8.1

Well, that ain’t “added protection”, that’s more like “double trouble”.
What you’ll want is “layered security”. Just google that.
Never use two software firewalls at once. Never use two HIPS together. Never use two active virus shields together.

Cheers, REBOL. :slight_smile:

DO NOT run more than one software firewall at once - it will cause random slowdowns and/or lockups!

DO NOT run more than one resident antivirus at once (unless the second antivirus specifically states that it can run with another resident antivirus) - it will cause random slowdowns and/or lockups!

You can (and should) install other scan-only antivirus/antimalware (e.g. Malwarebytes, TDSSKiller, HitmanPro) and use them regularly to check that nothing has got past your primary firewall and AV.

HI,

if you want “added protection” you could do the following:

Get a old computer from the basement.
Get Endian or ClearOS and install it on the old computer
Configure it…
Pick Comodo on the Software side
You are done…

Thanks

LordRayden