Author Topic: Comodo Antivirus and Spyware Terminator Together?  (Read 15044 times)

Offline VbProgramrMan

Comodo Antivirus and Spyware Terminator Together?
« on: March 15, 2007, 07:38:25 PM »
Hi All,  

My first post!   (:WAV)

Well, my second post if you count the one I posted in the wrong place. (:SAD)  So, sorry!

I'm using Comcast High-speed internet.

I have Comodo Personal Firewall Installed.  Once the firewall knows my "likes/dislikes", I assume the Allow/Deny will stop?

I have the free Spyware Terminator installed and I downloaded, but not, yet installed the free Comodo Antivirus.

I am a "newbie" when it comes to home pc security, but smart  :THNK  enough to know that you can't be to careful.

Can I have both installed or should I use just one?  Is there a difference between the two, besides the "cost"?

Another question:  I will be downloading Comodo AntiSpam and informing all of my online family and friends.  I know that it works with Outlook, as I read the Knowledge Base, but also (because I'm here from "Hi, it's Randy Bell.  I finally decided I'd had enough of junk mail, and installed a fantastic application that gets rid of it all.")  Unfortunately, I couldn't find the Password in the Graphical Attachment.  I looked high and low, but still couldn't find it, so I gues I won't be on his "randybel... via vb-access-l [vb-access-l [ at ] Groups.ITtoolbox.com]".  Can anybody please give me a hint as to how to find?[/b]

Okay, sorry, back to my question.  Will this work with Yahoo.com?

I've taken up enough of your time, so I will end here!   (:CLP)

Thanks in advance.  And   (L) and  (R)

Yours  truly,

VbProgramrMan
(Robert B. Orris)

Offline cheater87

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Antivirus and Spyware Terminator Together?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 10:34:20 PM »
I have both and it works great. No conflicts. Comodo is a firewall while Spyware Terminator is an anti spyware program. Having both of these programs makes me feel much safer.

Offline Damitha

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 01:52:03 AM »
Hi Vb...

well you shouldn't worry about compatibility issues. I'm running spybot, spyware terminator Ad-Aware Personal and CAVS at the same time. One thing though if you have multiple applications supporting HIPS make sure you use only one (Disable the other) If not you'll be getting "too many pop ups"

And yes once you train the firewall , The pop ups will decrease drastically. (unless you update the programs which will change the signature of the application)

And by password you mean the Activation code, Correct? Well it's sent to you via email. So check your email!

Hope this helps!

regards,
Dam

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 09:08:33 PM »
Hi,

There should be no compatibility issues with Comodo Antivirus and Spyware Terminator as long as you are not using the integrated Clamwin Antivirus (which may cause conflicts but I am not positive if it will or won't).

Justin
Windows 8 64-bit; Intel Core i3 2350 [at] 2.30 GHz w/ 6GB RAM
CIS 6.1.276867.2813 - Complete

Offline Bader40

• Comodo's Hero
  • "I have to call it an accident"
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 08:23:18 PM »
I'm using CAV and Spyware terminator (with the clav option enabled) and i have, as yet!, had no problems at all (:CLP)
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"    Douglas Bader

Offline Savant

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 04:34:53 PM »
Hello,

I got a question regarding this issue.

I was using the following:

a) Comodo free personal firewall
b) i) SpywareTerminator
   ii) ClamAVShiled intergrated and
   iii) SystemProtect from Spyware Terminator
c) Spybot with Tea timer
d) SpywareBlaster
all running under XP Media Center with latest updates. - system was very slow and goes to unresponsive mode.

So I removed:
b
iii) SystemProtect,

I have Comodo running as firewall only, is there any known compatability issues? 

The sytem seems to be slow  and sluggish consider the resources I got and sometimes go into unrespsonive mode with both CPU and Memory PF usage in good shape.  Some short  sharp spikes in CPU usage with every keystroke ( as I am typing this message)  which slows down the sytem.

its a new windows installation and I have firewall on learning mode. 

Anything I can do to improve the performance of my system  yet maintaine the security.

thanks

Offline donnyd

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 09:21:05 AM »
Hello,

I got a question regarding this issue.

I was using the following:

a) Comodo free personal firewall
b) i) SpywareTerminator
   ii) ClamAVShiled intergrated and
   iii) SystemProtect from Spyware Terminator
c) Spybot with Tea timer
d) SpywareBlaster
all running under XP Media Center with latest updates. - system was very slow and goes to unresponsive mode.

So I removed:
b
iii) SystemProtect,

I have Comodo running as firewall only, is there any known compatability issues? 

The sytem seems to be slow  and sluggish consider the resources I got and sometimes go into unrespsonive mode with both CPU and Memory PF usage in good shape.  Some short  sharp spikes in CPU usage with every keystroke ( as I am typing this message)  which slows down the sytem.

its a new windows installation and I have firewall on learning mode. 

Anything I can do to improve the performance of my system  yet maintaine the security.

thanks

I'm running Windows XP Media center SP3. For security I have CIS V3.12 with all components active(FW,D+, AV). I also Have Spyware Terminator running with real-time protection on. No ST HIPS and No ST ClamAV CIS takes care of that. I also did not install the ST Web security guard instead I choose to  install Comodo Verification engine. I have no problems with the two running together. And no slowdown. You don't need Spybot and Spyware Blaster if you're going to run ST real-time protection. You have to much going on and their all competing for resources. I hope this helps?

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 03:46:51 PM »
The sytem seems to be slow  and sluggish consider the resources I got and sometimes go into unrespsonive mode with both CPU and Memory PF usage in good shape.  Some short  sharp spikes in CPU usage with every keystroke ( as I am typing this message)  which slows down the sytem.

My recommendation is (assuming the computer is old)
1)Comodo Internet Scurity with scanner set to statefull
2)choose 1 of them
a.avira free (but this has pop ups ads)
b.avast (adjust the realtime scanner to your likings)

This will improve your performance and ditch all the other crap because it's slowing you down :) and it cost you nothing$$$$4
It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline OmeletGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Dragon Theme Maker
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 03:53:33 PM »
But remember only run 1 AV at a time.
Comodo Dragon themes, including windows Aero options. Download  Here

System Details: W7-64bit | 4GB DDR2 | Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 | CIS 6.3 | Geforce 560 GTX

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek