Author Topic: Avast 7  (Read 12374 times)

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
Re: Avast 7
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 07:55:42 AM »
There are reports in this forum, that the web shield of avast 7 is leading to leaks in the comodo firewall protection. Is it a common effect?
I am not in test mode ;)
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there was no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen."

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 08:01:39 AM »
There are reports in this forum, that the web shield of avast 7 is leading to leaks in the comodo firewall protection. Is it a common effect?
I am not in test mode ;)
Can you post a link to the thread? Thanks.
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there was no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 11:43:24 AM »
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-firewall-and-avast7-t82324.0.html
Posted there. I can't see how avast! Web Shield (that works as a local proxy) can bypass the Comodo Firewall. Well, at least, I can't see the problem by the avast! side then... 88)

the web shield of avast 7 is leading to leaks in the comodo firewall protection.
avast! team member

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 04:53:55 PM »
Did you test, or guessed it?
There are two reports of this. I choosed the one in announcements. Dont get mislead by the post count of the OP.
https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/comodo-does-not-work-with-avast-7-t82323.0.html
Thats the other one.
He speaks about windows 7. Others speak about xp, without having problems.

So there seem to be cases where indeed the traffic is not blocked by comodo under circumstances. Since version 7. And even if the same setting was ok with version 6.

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 06:46:01 AM »
So there seem to be cases where indeed the traffic is not blocked by comodo under circumstances. Since version 7. And even if the same setting was ok with version 6.
So I would be worried about the firewall. I still doubt it is a leak in the firewall.
The technology behind Web Shield is there since v 4.8 of avast! and I can't imagine a local proxy that could "bypass" the firewall (HIPS) settings.
avast! team member

Offline naren

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 08:04:07 AM »
If traffic blocked here means net not working then I guess its coz of Avast Webshield as by default it monitors traffic of every processes.

I remember when I was tried Rising FW with Avast 6. I had the prob of net not working. I noticed that either disabled net worked.

I could solve it by

Either excuding Rising processes in Avast

or disabling Avast Webshield or if I remember correctly setting Webshield for browsers only & not all processses.

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 12:14:18 PM »
disabling Avast Webshield or if I remember correctly setting Webshield for browsers only & not all processses.
Indeed, some issues could be solved if you set Web Shield to scan just 'know browsers processes'.
avast! team member

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 03:26:06 AM »
If traffic blocked here means net not working
No, its about traffic that isnt blocked if you choose block.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek