Site says you're using an (almost) outdated version. Please update your browser [merged topic]

I use IceDragon version 26.0.0.2
When I open my gmail web page I get this message:

“This version of Firefox is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser.”

What about it?

Maybe you want to see this:
[merged]Firefox X Released~can’t wait for new CID! Speculations and lamentations

That is true, I have the same problem. it is time that the Gurus update it. :frowning:

I too have this problem. It hasn’t been updated in awhile! (Hint, hint!)

I am getting the same notification and Yigido… you might want to look at the date of that other post you provided… it’s for vers 15 of CID and this is the second time CID has been severely outdated… even your own HELP page was telling me this version was outdated… so what gives?

I reported that it was outdated the last time and your team had an updated version in a week… this time however… I got a flippant response and no update a month later… again… what gives?

Why you didn’t look at the latest pages ???
I mean when I post this post for you. It must give you this “Comodo will not release new version soon…”
is it ok?

The most important question with the notification by gmail is whether it functions normally. It just may; that Google did not test it for "older browsers"doesn’t mean it’s not working. I use Opera 12.17 and when I open a document in Google Docs I also get that warning every time. Google Docs works though in Opera 12.17 as it is an html 5 ready browser.

It’s all a matter of perspective and disregarding the notification.

Other than that please continue any conversation about whether you think there will be updates for the Comodo browsers will be split from this topic and merged with the two topics about this.

Please continue here to discuss whether gmail works properly or not with the notification of an outdated browser.

Tonight just started receiving the message in youtube.com

You’re using an older version of Mozilla Firefox that we’ll soon stop supporting. Please update your browser to the latest version.

in youtube with IceDragon. I am unable to play any videos, even those I have played before.
Can anyone help ?

I too noticed that message at the top of YouTube. Ice Dragon needs to be updated very soon or we’ll all have to just abandon it. I don’t have any problems playing videos as yet though. Are your plugins all up to date?

I have used Comodo Ice Dragon for a long time on You Tube, but yesterday I started to see a message at the top of the page saying:

You’re using an older version of Mozilla Firefox that we’ll soon stop supporting. Please update your browser to the latest version.

Anyone know whats happening with this? Thanks!

It means that the site will stop testing the older versions. That does not mean they may not work. When I access Google Docs with Opera 12.17 browser I get a similar message; it works nonetheless.

Hi All

I am using IceDragon mozzilla based browser and get the following message everytime I log-in to my gmail account
"This version of Firefox is no longer supported. Please upgrade to asupported browser. "

I have also been warned on other sites. Just wondered f an update was in the works.
Thanks in advance

Hi

I am getting the same warning at youtube and this at my gmail account

"This version of Firefox is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser. "

I have also been warned on other sites. Just wondered i f an update was in the works.
Any help is most appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Comodo has hired new people to speed up the development of the Chromium based and Gecko based browser (CID). We don’t know when a release of CID is to be expected. :-\

Thanks for the info Eric

Hello guys, I am very happy to see this has been mentioned, i only ever see the popup on YouTube.
My popup is not the same as has been mentioned, mine says the following,
“You’re using an older version of Mozilla Firefox that we’ll soon stop supporting. Please update your browser to the latest version.”

I have no issues with playing any videos on YouTube, so i will be sticking with my favorite browser.

Thank you :wink:

Problem with videos solved by uninstalling FlashBlock.

How about a way to spoof version 26 as 34?

YouTube says update your browser. We will soon stop supporting this browser. I believe this is because the Icedragon browser is based on an older version of Firefox.

Does Comodo plan on updating this browser or just keep it as it is and eventually discontinue it?

You can delete this thread if you want. I should have looked at the forum threads before posting. I see this has already been covered.