Comodo IceDragon ver. 26.0.0.1 is now available for download!

Hello,

We are happy to announce that an update for Comodo IceDragon is available for download!

What’s new:

• IceDragon is based on Firefox 26.0.
  • Drag&Drop feature.

What’s fixed:

• skin related issues.

Drag&Drop feature overview

Searching and sharing can be done very easily using the drag and drop feature. Drag images, links and videos to the right to share them or search for text and images by dragging to the right.

KNOWN ISSUES

• Importing data during the installation of Comodo IceDragon may not work in some cases.
  • Other minor GUI issues.

BUG REPORTS:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cid-b284.0/ to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS:

Setup for Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit/64-bit:

http://download.comodo.com/icedragon/icedragonsetup.exe

Size: 36.5 MB (38,344,856 bytes)
MD5: 5735ba16c757533f1829c59cacb19e8a
SHA1: 0cdee354580f14994f4490368f8f91a655868fb1

thanks for the update :-TU
keep following the FF real version :wink:

Very good release, guys! And what an useful feature! I believe this feature will be extensively used by me. IceDragon just became my default browser :wink:

Nice present before Christmas !

Thank you, guys :slight_smile:

Thank you for the update.

That drag&drop is a nice feature but would it be possible for that NOT to be bl***y spying Google? >:-D

I mean with all the security and privacy that Comodo does why actively endorse the NSA’s best friend? :o

Thanks for the update. :-TU

Parameters:
Windows8.1 x64 Hardware acceleration enabled with current Nvidia drivers > all clean install
That means … reformatted hdd with nothing on it but IceDragon & flash … NOT VM.

IceDragon randomly freezes and becomes unresponsive, must use taskmanager of close IceDragon and restart the browser.
The freeze occurs even if Internet is disabled and no surfing possible. Simply navigating to options menu will freeze IceDragon.

Firefox “Personas” will not work. No big deal but for some it may be.
NO built-in JavaScript controls. <— this is simply unacceptable for a secure browser
Must navigate to dev tools to disable JS

v.26.0.0.1 is a terrible release, pre-beta at best.

Hi Bala8.1,
This has been removed from the Mozilla Firefox base.
The instructions in the link below for Firefox also work for CID.
How do I disable javascript-Firefox support

Kind regards.

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update and good to see it to be much more in synch with FF releases. That makes a lot of people here happy. :-TU

Nice to see Comodo giving timely updates.

Nice release before Christmas.

I have one issue. Why not give the option to extract bookmark from comodo dragon. Any way, I do this all the time myself by exporting from CD and then importing to CID.
BTW, why not put the version number on the CID webpage, in fact, for all the comodo products.

Thanks
Nellai

You can use bookmark :-La

http://icedragon.comodo.com/

on this page I can see the version number :wink:

Thanks Yijido.
I have seen this link you sent only now. I see the version number there. I missed it. Nice looking website.

But I have always downloaded softwares from Comodo website directly. Like this one - Endpoint Detection and Response, Free - What is EDR Security? - for ice dragon (mentioned as official site while searching (googling)). I download my softwares from Comodo home page - free products (the link is too long to give here) - required software (CD, CIS, CID etc). In those pages the version number not given.

Thanks again
Nellai

I saw this website by coincidence :smiley:

I do not know any other websites like this one for the other Comodo products.

yigido

The download link from the forums also do not give the version number either; the release topics do.

!ot! I think Comodo, and many others, should provide downloads with version numbers in it. It’s not efficient to have to add them manually. I have a fiber optic connection and it slows down the workflow as well as that is annoying… :wink:

I see version 26.0.0.2 has been released on Majorgeeks. Finally the hardware acceleration problem on my system is fixed. Thanks guys for never give up even though I kept giving you an earful of moaning.

Confirmed. I downloaded it from the download link in this topic which is the default download link for the latest release.

Let’s wait for the release topic by Alexandru Andrei.

In my very first post in this forum I’ve attempted to summarize the very poor performance of build 1 on branch 26.
However, build 2 of branch 26 is a completely different browser. CID 26.02 works under several different configurations on several different systems with HA turned on.

Which is to say: Congratulations on current build 2, I feel comfortable recommended CID.
Although there are ongoing problems such as JQuery issues playing streaming audio. This most likely is Firefox’s problem not CID.

Those forum members that are very quick to laud the virtues of any new software should at the very least spend a couple days running said software before forming an opinion. You do a disservice to the community by throwing out at opinion seconds after any new release.

I have been beta testing for decades but the last 6 or 7 years, ALL new builds of any new software have become an mind numbing exercise in hunting down bug after bug. Please don’t misunderstand, I am not in any way disparaging Comodo or the CID team. NO, NO I mean the giants, Microsoft, Google, Mozilla, yes even you smug Apple fans: all software comes riddled with bugs.

It is a sign of our times…

I also not really fond of every single release greeted with “Great release!”, however at the same time i believe the developers are smart enough to differentiate between common compliment and thought out feedback from advanced user.

Comodo IceDragon ver. 26.0.0.2 is now available for download!

Topic locked.