Poll

Do you want that Comodo Time Machine continue to be developed?

Yes, please, save and keep the technology on.
No. It's not necessary, I'll use whatever Microsoft make for Windows 8.
Never mind, I use other product (concurrence).

Author Topic: Save Comodo Time Machine!  (Read 307034 times)

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Save Comodo Time Machine! Claim for a higher development speed!
« Reply #405 on: June 29, 2012, 07:52:10 PM »
launch date can be prolonged by weeks, months or even years.
It's a matter of priority. But as the starter of this thread, I don't know what more can I do to get some priority...

COMODO may get sidetracked again with major projects and CTM3 may even end up being scratched and never being developed to completition.
I really hope not. I can't understand why such great technology, that does not have any other free competition is not being hyped... Really, I really keep my hope that Comodo saves this technology that is really fantastic!
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #406 on: June 29, 2012, 08:01:39 PM »
I never complain seeing something is free.

1. 2 weeks may end up being much longer.

2. And even if you give an estimate launch time, that doesn't mean much seeing that launch date can be prolonged by weeks, months or even years.

3. COMODO may get sidetracked again with major projects and CTM3 may even end up being scratched and never being developed to completition.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline Jimmmy2

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #407 on: June 29, 2012, 10:52:35 PM »
    CTM is so good at restoring virus infected machines that Hackers were probably posting reporting it had ruined their machines to discourage this cure. If developers listened to those posts the Hackers won. Please keep this product.

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #408 on: July 01, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »
Please keep this product.
I would just suggest that better than keep it would be improve, as version 2.8 and 2.9 beta are not fully reliable without a CD recover, stability and so on...
avast! team member

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Save Comodo Time Machine!
« Reply #409 on: July 10, 2012, 08:04:37 PM »
I've changed the title of the thread again because of the silence.
Seems we need another campaign to resurrect this beloved technology.
Silence is boring...
avast! team member

Offline SivaSuresh

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Avert the danger that has not yet come
« Reply #410 on: July 10, 2012, 09:48:57 PM »
I've changed the title of the thread again because of the silence.
Seems we need another campaign to resurrect this beloved technology.
Silence is boring...
A lot of things have been happening silently in Comodo Labs these days...

The devs are silent may be because they are busy or they do not have a working/stable beta yet.

Since many new programs are being developed and many critical improvements are applied to the existing programs, the silence can be understood.

But, yes, the silence is boring...we need some fuss...

At least some screenshots or some alpha/beta to play with wood be worth the waiting...
with love Siva Suresh
|| Windows8 x64 | CIS 6 | Waterfox | Comodo Dragon x86 | Thunderbird | CCleaner | Evernote | PStart | SuperCopier | Dropbox | TeamViewer | Screenshot Captor ||
|| AMD Phenom II x4 955B | ASUS M4A88TD | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 240GB Sandisk SSD  || 3TB SATA II HDD 6Gb/s

Offline Tiamarth

• Jack of Blades
    • Youtube (I run a gaming channel)
« Reply #411 on: July 11, 2012, 12:14:11 AM »
I love Comodo's products, but I don't know much about CTM. I checked its features list and am not convinced I need it. Is it worth saving? If so I am all for it. But what does it have that the Windows System Restore does't have?

Offline Jimmmy2

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #412 on: July 11, 2012, 02:09:01 AM »
      System Restore doesn't replace EVERYTHING. CTM does. Buggy software and malware are gone. SR preserves current settings. Negating it's value.  CTM has a defrag option when deleting preserved snapshots off your computer. Don't manually use the old windows defrag. CTM is plenty good. Also don't do a manual windows SR. It would fight with CTM. A win 7 machine is about the only other requirement for smooth operation. XP users have had installation not happening issues. CTM 2.8 is way better than beta 2.9.

Offline Tiamarth

• Jack of Blades
    • Youtube (I run a gaming channel)
« Reply #413 on: July 11, 2012, 02:29:22 AM »
Well, in that case, I'll jump on this wagon. Please keep this product, Comodo.

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #414 on: July 11, 2012, 02:55:41 AM »
... beloved technology ...

indeed

CTM -  :-TU

Offline KoPRoSKyLo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #415 on: July 11, 2012, 06:25:01 AM »
I cannot understand why CTM 3.0 has seemingly been given such a low priority by the decision maker(s) at Comodo.  There are so few true snapshot apps out there, and only one (RX) is currently SSD compatible.  It would make sense to develop it faster. CTM 3.0 could become the ONLY freeware example of a rare technology that is fully SSD compatible.

Once it's ready and stable they should also market it like mad, educating people about the benefits of such technology.  Most computer users are not even aware that such tech exists, let alone of its benefits; but I bet that when they actually start using it they will realize what they have been missing.  I have introduced CTM to a lot of people in the past; once they realized what this little proggie could do for them they all felt the same, telling me things like "why the hell didn't I know about this?"

A stable CTM 3.0 that works well with SSDs plus a wide variety of different hardware/software configurations would be something rare and wonderful.  Assigning more resources to its development is essential, the logical thing to do.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:45:47 PM by KoPRoSKyLo »

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #416 on: July 11, 2012, 07:15:31 AM »
+1

Unfortunately  now Comodo loose its efforts repeating browsers (Chromium, and now Firefox), Cleaners, Program Managers - there exist a lot of products of the same type and most often of higher quality.

Offline burebista

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #417 on: July 11, 2012, 08:04:30 AM »
CTM 3.0 could become the ONLY freeware example of a rare technology that is fully SSD compatible.
^^This is true.
But (unfortunately) this is true too
Unfortunately  now Comodo loose its efforts repeating browsers (Chromium, and now Firefox), Cleaners, Program Managers

If it ain't broke... fix it until it is.

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #418 on: July 11, 2012, 06:03:51 PM »
But, yes, the silence is boring...we need some fuss...
Thanks for the comprehension and feeling share :)

Unfortunately  now Comodo loose its efforts repeating browsers (Chromium, and now Firefox), Cleaners, Program Managers - there exist a lot of products of the same type and most often of higher quality.
I feel the same. Maybe CTM would be the most aggressive competitor for other security programs. If it can protect the system of rootkits, MBR infection and so on, you can imagine restoring a computer for an old time, clean...

burebista, +1.
avast! team member

Offline KoPRoSKyLo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #419 on: July 11, 2012, 06:07:34 PM »
Sometimes people get entangled in their corporate world a bit too much, and eventually they lose touch with the real needs and wants of the end users out there.  I hope this is not happening with Comodo.  As you guys said, there's a plethora of uninstallers, cleaning utilities etc out there.  And lets face it, it's highly unlikely that Comodo Dragon will ever surpass the likes of Firefox, Chrome, or even IE in peoples' minds.

In a market full with all those freeware utilities, why not concentrate on a tech that you own which has great potential and is truly UNIQUE?  When your competition for such tech is just a ONE SINGLE COMPANY (Horizon DataSys), how can it not make sense to prioritize development of something that no one else has and that can set you aside everyone else in an otherwise oversaturated utilities market?  What has happened to common sense???

I don't know if it's just Melih that defines strategies and makes the decisions here, or if he is subject to the whims of a board, or shareholders (who may or may not have variable vested interests).  The truth is usually quite simple and uncomplicated, but sometimes people miss the forest for the trees...

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek