Author Topic: COMODO System-Cleaner 3.0 build 53 BUG REPORTS  (Read 44788 times)

Offline rodpal

• Comodo Member
Re: COMODO System-Cleaner 3.0 build 53 BUG REPORTS
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 05:36:51 AM »
Hi

- My Operating System (Windows 7 - 64bit);
- Security Software Installed (Comodo CIS)
- How you produced the problem (Comodo CSC - Switched on Active Clean)
- How you tried to resolve the problem (Comodo CSC - Switched off Active Clean)
- Screen-shots with the error (if any);
- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
- All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
- Any other Additional Information;

I have recently upgrade my PC hardware and installed Comodo CIS CSC and CB, which I also had on my XP Pro system.
I found a problem. If I installed a shortcut on the desktop it disappeared when the PC was restarted. This only affected shortcuts installed whilst Active Clean was on. After trying various things without success I remembered that the problem started after I switched on Active Clean in CSC.  After turning off Active Clean the problem disappeared.

Thank you

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 07:16:51 PM »
[at]philjaydee.

I merged your topic with the bug report topic. Can you edit it according to the bug report requirements? The requirements can be found in the first post of this topic.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 06:39:04 PM »
At devs and QA.

I merged this topic by goodjohnjr in this topic. Because it was posted a couple of weeks ago it is not the last post and may therefor be overlooked without notification.

Offline goodjohn1984

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2011, 06:44:59 PM »
Hi

- My Operating System (Windows 7 - 64bit);
- Security Software Installed (Comodo CIS)
- How you produced the problem (Comodo CSC - Switched on Active Clean)
- How you tried to resolve the problem (Comodo CSC - Switched off Active Clean)

I have recently upgrade my PC hardware and installed Comodo CIS CSC and CB, which I also had on my XP Pro system.
I found a problem. If I installed a shortcut on the desktop it disappeared when the PC was restarted. This only affected shortcuts installed whilst Active Clean was on. After trying various things without success I remembered that the problem started after I switched on Active Clean in CSC.  After turning off Active Clean the problem disappeared.

Thank you

I had this problem when I had Active Clean's Disk Cleaner (or whatever it is called) set to Advanced or its highest settings, but when set to Basic (or whatever it is called) I did not have this problem. ;)

Offline kda406

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2011, 03:13:58 PM »
- My Operating SystemS (Windows XP Pro & Home - 32bit);
- Security Software Installed (Comodo CIS on all)
- How you produced the problem (Install Comodo CSC, Active Clean Off)
- How you tried to resolve the problem (Uninstalling Comodo CSC solves the problem)
- Screen-shots with the error (N/A)
- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any (N/A)
- All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled (N/A)
- Any other Additional Information:

I have experienced this problem on 3 different Windows XP, 32 bit systems.  Two are XP Home, and one is XP Pro.  The conclusion is that CSC has a Handle leak.

This is the install used on all 3 systems:
ComodoSystemCleaner_3.0.172695.53_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7.exe

Install CSC.  Check for updates.  Turn off Active Clean.  At some point during the day Windows runs out of resources on an otherwise previously stable system.  Reviewing Windows Task Manager one finds that CSC is running (even though Active Clean is turned off) and the Handles number just goes up and up and up.  On a system that otherwise has about 12500 handles open for typical operation of all programs and system combined, CSC is seen to have 36700 Handles and climbing until the resources are so over-utilitzed that everything just ceases working and user control is typically lost.  Rebooting the system temporarily solves the problem as it takes time for CSC to gobble up all resources.

Uninstalling CSC restored all 3 XP systems to their previously stable states with a normal number of  handles.

-Kyle

3/24/2011 Update - In the 7 days since I uninstalled CSC from these 3 machines, I have not had a single problem on any of them.  They have returned to being perfectly stable.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:48:08 PM by kda406 »

Offline Mops21

• Comodo's Hero
Windows Vista Home Premium (32 Bit)

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 03:12:32 AM »
Initial post-installation CSC scan seems to hang at same level for a long time finally completing or crashing, not sure which (windows disappears). It consumes large amounts of GDI objects. Windows GUI eventually freezes with few desktop GUI objects and no GUI text showing. Event log for other programs show 'out of system resources' errors.

Re-running CSV after reboot and changing to registry window results in the window scan option lines showing 'loading' for over 10 mins. During this period number of GDI objects consumed increases from c400 to c2250. Other apps started to misbehave, so I rebooted.

- My Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP2 - 32bit
- Security Software Installed: Comodo CIS, proactive config, otherwise default sitttings
- How you produced the problem: Install Comodo CSC, let initial scan run, Active Clean Off
- How you tried to resolve the problem: (N/A)
- Any other Additional Information: Please find appended Hijack this scan

Offline Andrei Boghiu

• Comodo Member
  • Lead GUI Developer
    • Comodo
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 05:44:50 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for your post.
Could you tell me what executable had the high GDI usage, CSC.exe or Updater.exe?

Thank you.

Initial post-installation CSC scan seems to hang at same level for a long time finally completing or crashing, not sure which (windows disappears). It consumes large amounts of GDI objects. Windows GUI eventually freezes with few desktop GUI objects and no GUI text showing. Event log for other programs show 'out of system resources' errors.

Re-running CSV after reboot and changing to registry window results in the window scan option lines showing 'loading' for over 10 mins. During this period number of GDI objects consumed increases from c400 to c2250. Other apps started to misbehave, so I rebooted.

- My Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP2 - 32bit
- Security Software Installed: Comodo CIS, proactive config, otherwise default sitttings
- How you produced the problem: Install Comodo CSC, let initial scan run, Active Clean Off
- How you tried to resolve the problem: (N/A)
- Any other Additional Information: Please find appended Hijack this scan

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 07:08:26 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for your post.
Could you tell me what executable had the high GDI usage, CSC.exe or Updater.exe?

Thank you.

I think it was the main system executable CSC.exe but I'm not sure could have been cleaner_validator.exe Since then I have had even worse problems with Cleaner_Validator.exe, which at one point was holiding 155,231 file handles! The updater was open at this time, and CIS was running a scheduled virus scan. Maybe there is some form of interaction?

Offline MouseRunner

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 01:32:05 AM »
Please post all bug reports & BSOD's here.

Hi,

I can't find the "ignore list" in CSC registry cleaner. According to the screenshots of the manual, there should be "filter list" and "ignore list" on top of the list with the checkmarks. Both should be expandable. In my version, there is no ignore list and no button / setting to access it, just the filter list.

Deinstalled the application, installed latest version (see following) in English and second time in German, no difference, no "filter list" in registry cleaner. See screenshot.

Be sure to include:

Your Operating System (and whether it's 32bit/64bit);
Win 7 x64 german
- Security Software Installed;
CIS 5.4.189822.1355
- How you produced the problem;
- How you tried to resolve the problem; deinstalled and installed latest version CSC_3.0.172695.53_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7
see below
NO
no logs
- Any other Additional Information

Offline Michael Withstand

• Comodo's Hero
This may be a bug
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2011, 01:21:43 AM »
What gives? All entries reported ZERO error. And I have selected all entries.

Latest build (53)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 01:24:46 AM by Michael Withstand »
First they tried to kill u, then they flagged false mental illness then they persecute u, then they cheated everything u do, then they blame u for fighting back.

My blog: http://exposingsingapore.wordpress.com

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2011, 06:22:48 PM »
What gives? All entries reported ZERO error. And I have selected all entries.

Latest build (53)
I merged your post with the bug report topic. Can you add the required information to your post? It is in the topic start.

Offline Michael Withstand

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2011, 09:41:31 PM »
OS is Windows 7 x64.

It happens after doing an in depth cleaning and after it was done it was showing -21 error number.
This makes cleaning new error a bit troublesome since -21 will be added to whatever actual error number.
First they tried to kill u, then they flagged false mental illness then they persecute u, then they cheated everything u do, then they blame u for fighting back.

My blog: http://exposingsingapore.wordpress.com

Offline yesm

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2011, 06:01:06 PM »
- Your Operating System: Windows XP 32 bit Media Center Dutch
- Security Software Installed: Comodo Internet Security
- How you produced the problem: Suddenly my system hangs; can not read text anymore; can not start applications; taskmanager won't start; can not uninstall CLEAN_VALIDATOR.EXE from memory; no internet connection
- How you tried to resolve the problem: Uninstall the application
- Screen-shots with the error (if any): none
- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: tried to send, but even the internet-connection failed !!
- All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled: none

I had installed and uninstalled the application a few times, but it doesn't work right!

I have an other computer with Windows XP Home and it seems to work fine together with Comodo Security together (without option automatic cleaning off course)

Offline marketwizz

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2011, 11:08:12 AM »
Good Morning! I just wanted to let you know of problem with system cleaner. Can you direct to your developers?

Problem with Comodo System-Cleaner and Windows 7 Utilmate 64 bit - System Image Backup.
I have for the last year + ran system image backup of my primary drive and then restore to 2 aux Hard Drive. I re-installed system cleaner on about 7/19/2011.
Yesterday I ran Win 7 system Backup 4 times and had problems placing a working retore to my 2 aux HD. I could boot in under safe mode, but under normal mode kept getting the BLUE Screen.
I noticed file CFRMD.SYS a comodo file kept showing on blue screen. I started my primary Drive windows and searched for this file, which was under system 32. Under properties it showed previous file as CFRPD.SYS a Comodo file. This file was also under system 32.

I removed System Cleaner and searched for the 2 above files which where now gone. Ran a new system image backup, and was able then to restore to my 2 aux HD and boot in normally.

I just thought you should be made aware of this problem.

Feel free to contact me David C. Harris
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:12:42 AM by marketwizz »

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek