- Your Operating System (and whether it's 32bit/64bit); WinXP Pro SP3 32 bit
- Security Software Installed; CIS 3.11.108364.552 CFP, CAV, D+
- How you produced the problem; Used Internal Updater
- How you tried to resolve the problem; n/a
- Screen-shots with the error (if any); n/a
- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; n/a
- All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; n/a
- Any other Additional Information; n/a
I just updated through the internal updater. After the update completed, there was no prompt to reboot. CSC wouldn't open. After rebooting, CSC opened with no problem.
All of my personal settings remained intact except my personal settings for Filter Entries in CDC. I had just my C drive listed in the Selected Items box. After updating, the box contained %computer% and the Properties box returned to the default entries. --Fixed--
I ran a Windows Update and I didn't get the CPU spike when rebooting the machine.
All of my backups were left intact. (I had to move my 2 .xml files to the backup folder so the backups would be recognized). Thanks for moving CDCBackup.xml
to the backup
I would ask that when the Application Updater
runs, that new updated applications would be de-selected by default. When the Application Updater ran, WordPad was added to my list in CPC and selected by default. If I hadn't checked the list, running Power Clean would have scanned Wordpad. Under the Windows tab, DLL Cache was also selected by default (I had this one unchecked). I would like ALL
settings to remain intact during Program
updating and Application
updating so I don't have to check all of my settings every time I use CSC.
I hope these observances help out.
Thanks for the good work guys! CSC is coming along beautifully! :comodorocks: