- Your Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
- Security Software Installed: CIS 3.11, SpywareBlaster
- How you produced the problem: PerfectDisk 10 system defrag will not run with CSC installed
- How you tried to resolve the problem: uninstalled CSC
- Screen-shots with the error (if any): NA
- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any:NA
- All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled: log files have no bearing on this problem
- Any other Additional Information: I don't know if version 1 of CSC caused this problem with PerfectDisk 10 system defrag or not. I tried to download version 1 of CSC today, but I got a DNS error and could not download the file. I tried several links for various versions of CSC version 1, but none would work. I don't know exactly how long I have had this system defrag problem with PerfectDisk 10 because I had it set to automatically do a system defrag every week. The problem could have existed with CSC version 1, but I don't think so. Anyway, PerfectDisk 10 will do a regular SMARTPlacement defrag, but not a system degrag. It starts to do a system defrag when you set it and reboot the computer, but instead of going ahead and performing the system defrag, the computer reboots again to a screen that asks you if you want to initialize a startup repair or start the computer normally. CSC should not cause interference with other programs like this.
We will investigate this problem.
Thanks for the feedback!