I've tried the portable version and I like it very much. There are just some minor things I'm missing:
1. CRC creates "CRC32.INI" in C:\Windows. Maybe this file could be stored in the CRC folder instead.
2. CRC creates "crcnat.exe" in C:\Windows\system32. Maybe this file could be stored in the CRC folder instead.
3. CRC is currently extracted to a folder of my choice from a .exe file. I'd prefer a .zip archive instead, I think .exe files leaves entries when deleted, unlike .zip archives.
4. As CRC uses the Task Scheduler, it creates the folder C:\Windows\Tasks in case this folder is gone. Since I've disabled the Task Scheduler I've been able to delete that folder, so I'd prefer CRC not to recreate it.
Other than this it's an excellent application! By the way, I'm proud to say that the CRC compacter takes my registry sub 6000 KB.
1. Will no longer present in the new version.
2. If crcnat.exe goes somewhere else compact function won't work anymore. When restarting windows goes first into native environment. At that time we can process the hive file. But in Native the only thing that is mounted (for sure) it's SystemRoot. So we cannot run it from somewhere else as it might not be yet mounted.
3. the .exe does not leave any junk entries. Still the .zip file might be a good idea. Let's see if we can provide it like this in the release scheduled for tomorrow.
4. Any folder that is created by Task Scheduler... is TS business. We cannot interfere with other applications, altering their behaviour. The Task folder is not created by CRC.
About 6000 KB - WOW! This is the smallest I ever heard. Great!