What are all different processes in CIS 6?
1 - cistray.exe: This shows the tray icon and widget, also required for on screen alerts,
notifications and messages.
2 - cmdagent.exe: Core security service which orchestrates alerts, scans etc.
3 - cavwp.exe: When a scan is run, one instance is always dedicated to realtime scanning.
4 - cis.exe: You will see multiple instances of cis.exe while you use CIS.
- One cis.exe instance is dedicated for alerts. It starts automatically with cistray.exe.
- When you open main GUI, another instance of the cis.exe process is started.
- When you open advanced settings, another instance of the cis.exe process is started.
- When you start a task such as scan, update etc, another instance of the cis.exe process is started.
- When you run Virtual Kiosk, another instance of the cis.exe process is started so that you can see alerts from within Virtual Kiosk.
- When you see the welcome screen, another instance of the cis.exe process is started.
When tasks using extra instances of the cis.exe process completes or is closed, the corresponding instance closes.
5 - cmdvirth.exe: When running Virtual Kiosk or running an application virtualized.
6 - VirtKiosk.exe: The root process for running an application in a virtualized environment
including running Virtual Kiosk itself.
7 - cmdupd.exe: The AV Database and program updater.
8 - cce.exe: When clean endpoint (Run Comodo Cleaning Essentials) scans are started.
9 - killswitch.exe: When Killswitch (Watch Activity) monitor is run.
10 - autoruns.exe: When the autoruns utility is run.
11 - virtual_mode_helper.exe: Is used when Comodo Dragon is run virtualized.
In order to provide a better architecture, less intensive resource usage or fault tolerance Comodo chose to use multi processes.
By default you will only see these 4 processes of CIS running, unless extra tasks are active:
- cistray.exe for tray icon and widget.
- cmdagent.exe for core services.
- cavwp.exe for realtime scanning.
- cis.exe for alerts.
Thanks to Staff and Moderators for providing this information.Please note:
This is only accurate to best of my knowledge.