Author Topic: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.  (Read 117612 times)

Offline robbie73

• Comodo Member
Re: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2012, 02:52:19 PM »
Hi robbie73,
Spyware, Malware and Computer virus's all have been designed to intentionally cause harm, to be disruptive or to intentionally hide itself on your Computer.
The above in no way describes Comodos intentions, so please refrain from posting in this manner.
The only ill intentions Comodo has is against Malware itself.
If you do have an issue with a Comodo program, please post for help for the particular product in an appropriate manner and location.
From Captainsticks.

Mr Sticks. regardless of comodo's purported intentions, the effects are akin the to the very definition of malware. if you don't don't like that, take it up with those who define such things. I have already documented why I removed the product in the feedback section of this forum. which apparently didn't get appreciated either. if you won't listen to end users, yet beg
 " Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.‏" then i'm afraid you're blinkered to you own popularity and not end users actual needs. of course you wont be able to see that, being so blinkered.

anyway, the very definition of malware is to remove the end users ability to make decisions about their computers security. that is MALWARE. 
To feed personal and private information to a central server without consent is SPYWARE
To purport to stop scanning and then continue to scan and then use the bandwidth to send information to a central data collation server is both SPYWARE and MALWARE.

Don't like it.. or don't agree.. those are two different matters. i care nothing for the former. like comodo cared less about my rights.  if you don't agree you should have a looky at wireshark logs and your own cpu usage.  If you ask people why they uninstalled.... you will get answers you don't like. telling people off for feedback is counter productive.

Offline robbie73

• Comodo Member
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2012, 02:55:11 PM »
I uninstalled it because it was making unwanted connections to the internet despite setting all settings within the comodo user interface to not connect to the internet.

+ 1

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2012, 04:08:12 PM »
Mr Sticks. regardless of comodo's purported intentions, the effects are akin the to the very definition of malware. if you don't don't like that, take it up with those who define such things. I have already documented why I removed the product in the feedback section of this forum. which apparently didn't get appreciated either. if you won't listen to end users, yet beg
 " Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.?" then i'm afraid you're blinkered to you own popularity and not end users actual needs. of course you wont be able to see that, being so blinkered.

anyway, the very definition of malware is to remove the end users ability to make decisions about their computers security. that is MALWARE.  
To feed personal and private information to a central server without consent is SPYWARE
To purport to stop scanning and then continue to scan and then use the bandwidth to send information to a central data collation server is both SPYWARE and MALWARE.

Don't like it.. or don't agree.. those are two different matters. i care nothing for the former. like comodo cared less about my rights.  if you don't agree you should have a looky at wireshark logs and your own cpu usage.  If you ask people why they uninstalled.... you will get answers you don't like. telling people off for feedback is counter productive.
Hi Robbie73,
Just to add my thoughts on the definition of Malware/Spyware/Virus, they all are regarded to have some form of Malicious intent with a small amount of exceptions.

Please note. I am an end user like yourself nothing more.
I was not telling you off, I was just pointing out to say Comodo is intentionally trying to cause harm to end users is IMO incorrect and unfair.
Feedback is welcomed and appreciated, but to call Comodo a virus is incorrect in my opinion.

We do care and as Mouse posted here we do want to help if you have issues.
Kind regards.

A good read guaranteed.
Forum Policy - Updated on January 3, 2013
PrivDog: The Dog that not only barks at uninvited guests, but rather destroys the intruder.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2012, 04:41:54 PM »
At robbie73.

The installer of CIS clearly gives the user the opportunity:
to enable"Cloud Based Behaviour Analysis" of unrecognised programs by submitting them to COMODO with respect to the privacy policy

In short: you were informed and given the choice upon installation to enable or disable the cloud look up.

You are starting to tread on thin ice now.

Offline bsd310

« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2012, 05:27:52 PM »
The program is set to limit the running programs, if modules of comodo is not running at startup. comodo should be booting before everyone else and start to monitor the program even if the gui is not running at startup!
Because standart settings "block all unknown requests if the application is closed" is not a normal setting for working every day.

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2012, 05:49:12 PM »
The program is set to limit the running programs, if modules of comodo is not running at startup. comodo should be booting before everyone else and start to monitor the program even if the gui is not running at startup!
Because standart settings "block all unknown requests if the application is closed" is not a normal setting for working every day.

Comodo boots with the Kernel. Long before the GUI is loaded.

Offline Arsh de Grand

• Comodo Family Member
  • Helper
« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2012, 05:46:39 AM »
allright so why i uninstalled CIS ???

answer --- 1 st UI well lets say CIS have best protection in the word. agree ..... but UI too many feature are missing from that topic , first the tray icon . well it show trafic info which is good but it won't shows crunnet states of comodo , which is kindda weird . well i switch to avast which have all missing feature which i wanted from comodo lol............. 2nd and it big one CIS latterly stoped my system restore ,,,, yeh it does when ever i want to restore my sytem to an earlier time it keep busy for an hour and it end up with a err msg.  and it only happen with CIS not with other AV products . and BSOD big one it happen on my system first time due to comodo why well it found some poorly written code in system and guess what it's of comodo . highly disappointed. \

and here a bug which cuzed BSOD .

but i am still a big fan of comodo , languy99 and Melih, well thats good to  see that boss of an AV company take care of their customer. respect for you man !

and last thing i miss from comodo is that its not beautiful like other  av apps , yeh you guys gonna say that beautiful ? why  ? well lats say i am using windows 7 and soon 8 .so on that beautiful OS i won't want to use umm  an AV which looks like ,,,,,,sorry to say that but windows XP .

well now i have only one hope with CIS 6 .

until i am an avast user !!

isn't that beautiful and i expect that type of beauty from CIS 6,,  hope so .

windows 7 ultimate x64 l KIS 12 l CCC l Intel i5 l HD 500 GB l RAM 4 GB DDR3
Graphic  ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 1 GB l  Google chrome l mawarebytes l hitman pro.

Offline ckc

« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2012, 03:21:34 PM »
1) VERRRRYYYY SLOW Virus Database Update. For CIS Premium (latest). uTorrent is off and this is a brand new laptop. Windows 64 bit

2) Just about the time I would click "No" (or something) every time the "isolate/run program in the sandbox" prompt appears, the other taller box with the "approve"/"disapprove" buttons would SUDDENLY appear which means I often make a mistake and click "disapprove" for a program that I want to "approve" because originally I wanted to click "no" for "run program in sandbox" prompt. Poor design, guys. :(

Offline UnKnown.??

• Comodo's Hero
  • Unknown Information
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2012, 10:59:33 AM »
CIS was bloating my PC performance therefore it was slowing down my PC so was the scanning process.

I'm now using Iolo System Mechanic Professional which has Iolo System Shield Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware & Windows Firewall w/ Advanced Security

COMODO, please improve CIS by making it not slow down PC performance.

Go here https://forums.comodo.com/general-discussion-off-topic-anything-and-everything/comodo-please-forgive-me-t82112.0.html;msg587380#new to see some pictures of the software I'm using.

Windows 7 Home Premium/Unknown Software/(?)/{?}/[?]/<?>

Offline Baxan

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2012, 09:11:40 PM »
I reinstalled CIS because it would greatly delay the installation/updating of programs it didn't recognize. The install process ran significantly longer than it should have. It took so much time to do these things that it appeared as though the program had froze. After waiting for these long delays to end, CIS would come up with a defense+ or firewall alert so I knew this was comodo's fault.

Another problem I was having was that the popups telling me a file has been observed as unrecognized or a program was sandboxed could not be re-enabled after I checked the "Hide these alerts" checkbox.

Offline ahmedhhw

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2012, 11:04:11 AM »
CIS was bloating my PC performance therefore it was slowing down my PC so was the scanning process.

I'm now using Iolo System Mechanic Professional which has Iolo System Shield Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware & Windows Firewall w/ Advanced Security

COMODO, please improve CIS by making it not slow down PC performance.

Go here https://forums.comodo.com/general-discussion-off-topic-anything-and-everything/comodo-please-forgive-me-t82112.0.html;msg587380#new to see some pictures of the software I'm using.

Try this, It works for me :D
1- Install COMODO and go to defence + and remove the enhanced protection option
2- Check adaptive mode and restart
3- Enjoy a high speed machine :D

Offline ioannis21

« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2012, 01:20:12 PM »
I had blue screens telling me it was dumping memory. And something about disabling cache bios and some other cache.As a result i had interruptions with malfunction and my windows 7 64bit it was not starting as expected but with prompt.

Offline Lurchi

« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2012, 07:51:08 AM »
I can not play the Game LOST HORIZON from Deep Silver. If I start it, my PC is frozen. Not any Option or Popup from CIS.

http://lost-horizon.deepsilver.com/

With Online Armor it runs without problems.

Sorry for my ugly English! I am a Kraut from Berlin/Germany  ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:56:23 AM by Lurchi »
Do not trust the government

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2012, 10:02:42 AM »
I can not play the Game LOST HORIZON from Deep Silver. If I start it, my PC is frozen. Not any Option or Popup from CIS.

http://lost-horizon.deepsilver.com/

With Online Armor it runs without problems.

Sorry for my ugly English! I am a Kraut from Berlin/Germany  ;)
Before starting a game set CIS to Game Mode. You can do that from the CIS icon in the systray. When starting a game or any other full screen application you don't see D+ alerts.

If you are more familiar with German we do have a German sub board: Deutsch/German.

Offline Co-Mo-Do

• Comodo's Hero
  • Co-Mo-Do BOts Clean
« Reply #164 on: April 03, 2012, 06:38:04 AM »
I uninstalled Comodo Firewall after v3.10 or 3.11, because I didn't like the changes that were made in the later versions.

.. The new red GUI was awful for starters. ..

.. I don't like HIPS, that's why I do not use CIS. Cheers.

mod edit: added feedback (via citation) for this topic. kail
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:21:34 AM by kail »
Optimus Maximus Securitus, all aboard the Comodobus

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek