Author Topic: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.  (Read 118429 times)

Offline turnorburn

• Comodo's Hero
  • Saved by grace and grace alone
    • the4gospels.net
Re: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2011, 06:45:50 AM »

I've been using Comodo Firewall for 6 years I'm uninstalling it because they put Geek Buddy on my machine without asking, kind of what Avira did with that tool bar. Why did you do that?  Then tonight i installed an earlier version to see if that would help. Well, i didn't get the older version i got the new version only this time Geek Buddy and the Anti-Virus were included, didn't ask for either of them. Best get with management on this one its not the beta testers fault. Hopefully I'll reinstall when these problems are fixed.

Thanks..
turnorburn

Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Offline morphiusz

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Suspicious file?
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2011, 06:49:11 AM »

I've been using Comodo Firewall for 6 years I'm uninstalling it because they put Geek Buddy on my machine without asking, kind of what Avira did with that tool bar. Why did you do that?  Then tonight i installed an earlier version to see if that would help. Well, i didn't get the older version i got the new version only this time Geek Buddy and the Anti-Virus were included, didn't ask for either of them. Best get with management on this one its not the beta testers fault. Hopefully I'll reinstall when these problems are fixed.

Thanks..
turnorburn

Maybe pls check before you start lady*ing? :)

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2011, 06:55:26 AM »
Hi Turnorburn,
Check step 2 here, during install choose custom installer for these options.
Thanks.
A good read guaranteed.
Forum Policy - Updated on January 3, 2013
PrivDog: The Dog that not only barks at uninvited guests, but rather destroys the intruder.

Offline turnorburn

• Comodo's Hero
    • the4gospels.net
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2011, 07:00:40 AM »
I've done this more than a few times and this message didn't come up.

Select the Components to Install..

Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Offline turnorburn

• Comodo's Hero
    • the4gospels.net
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2011, 07:01:51 AM »

Maybe pls check before you start ladying? :)

Care to explain ladying?

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2011, 07:13:18 AM »
I've done this more than a few times and this message didn't come up.

Select the Components to Install..
It's the highlighted Customize Installer below..
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline turnorburn

• Comodo's Hero
    • the4gospels.net
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2011, 07:29:07 AM »
Why does it say customize what happened to giving you a choice, that and a new user trusts the vendor rather is supposed to be able to trust the vendor. That crack from that member, is that the way you do business letting insults be posted in your forums?

Thanks anyways..
turnorburn

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2011, 07:39:28 AM »
Why does it say customize what happened to giving you a choice, that and a new user trusts the vendor rather is supposed to be able to trust the vendor.
Sorry I can't answer your questions, since I'm not sure myself. You could ask Melih.. assuming he knows (he's the CEO rather than a CIS Developer). :)

That crack from that member, is that the way you do business letting insults be posted in your forums?
If it was a crack (insult), it's not a very good one. I had to look up Ladying myself.. and it seems that you're being accused of "looking for the Ladies" (ie. dating, etc.). If it had been "Lady-ing" then, it seems, we're onto Little Britain (the TV show) and dressing up like women.. possibly overtly (ie. the wrong way to do "Ladying"). Since neither really made any sense (in the context), I decided it was a language issue or a typo. If I did think it was an insult, then I would have removed it.. and I still will if you want me to?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 07:47:35 AM by kail »
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline turnorburn

• Comodo's Hero
    • the4gospels.net
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2011, 08:13:41 AM »
That's O.k. just tell your friend to make himself clear is all, we all have a sense of humor at least i hope we do. One other thing, you might want to do this yourself, i found five leftover drivers in my Device manager, here's the instructions to remove leftover software.. I got this from PC Tools..  :-TU

Thanks..
turnorburn

P.S. Tell your beta team to build a better uninstaller..  ;)

I have found that many deleted programs, especially anti-malware programs leave drivers behind that can conflict with all kinds of current programs and slows the boot as well. I have found many that impacted Spyware Doctor.

Before you do the following procedure, check the Services to make sure no old deleted services are still active. Many software utilities do a very bad job of uninstalling.

In order to show hidden devices:

1. Right click My Computer and Select Properties
2. Click Advanced tab
3. Click Environment Variables
4. Below the bottom Environment Variables window pane (System Variables), click New
5. For Variable Name, enter devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices
6. For Variable Value enter 1
7. Click OK. OK to close My Computer

Now open Device Manager, click on View, select show hidden devices from the menu. Most of the orphans will be in non-plug and play drivers and the icons will appear grayed out. You can right click the grayed out driver and click uninstall.

If you do not know what the driver is, bing it prior to deletion so you undertand what you are deleting.

I hope this helps someone with performance problems.

Note: I have also found that some old deleted programs leave behind drivers that are still active (not grayed out). The best solution is to disable them, re-boot and then go back and delete them.

Offline DrAlrek

« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2011, 07:45:38 PM »
I took the anti-virus off of it because the anti-virus would sometimes say it didn't quarantine everything by its self, when 5.8 came out I put the anti-virus back on and I told it to block everything it finds instead of quarantine it. And geek buddy is NOT a needed thing, it's just sugar coated remote hijacking of a computer...I never installed geek buddy and I don't want it, stop putting it into everything you make. at least make the option to get it a little more noticeable

Offline ArtemisF0wl

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2011, 02:54:03 PM »
Comodo is my favorite, but i switched 2 days ago to a different FW because it seems that D+/sandbox intermittently stops working on my system.
im sure ill come back with a later build, but for now .... adieu.

Offline dwilletts

« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2011, 02:12:23 PM »
Far too many errors when trying to update this thing.

EVERY TIME that I've tried an on-line update, something fails. The last time - about 15 minutes ago - it downloaded a bunch of files, then after "Copying cfp.ico", it said "An error occurred while updating." Not the slightest mention of what the error was, or how to fix it.

When I tried the Diagnostics link on the More page, it told me, "The diagnostics utility has found some problems with your installation. Would you like to fix them?" When I clicked Yes, then it says, "The diagnostics utility could not fix some of the problems. Would you like to create a diagnostics report?"

Well big whoop-dee-do. I still have a broken installation, no idea of what went wrong or how to fix it, and YET ANOTHER installation from the installation file if I want to keep running this thing. Which means I have to reconfigure the firewall, for one.

Yes, I run with administrator privileges. Yes, I've tried saving configurations of the various sub-systems - firewall, defense, anti-virus - but it DOES NOT save the important and time-consuming settings, particularly for the firewall.

I'm going back to ZoneAlarm!

Offline AyeAyeCaptain

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2011, 04:49:40 AM »
Far too many errors when trying to update this thing.

EVERY TIME that I've tried an on-line update, something fails. The last time - about 15 minutes ago - it downloaded a bunch of files, then after "Copying cfp.ico", it said "An error occurred while updating." Not the slightest mention of what the error was, or how to fix it.

When I tried the Diagnostics link on the More page, it told me, "The diagnostics utility has found some problems with your installation. Would you like to fix them?" When I clicked Yes, then it says, "The diagnostics utility could not fix some of the problems. Would you like to create a diagnostics report?"

Well big whoop-dee-do. I still have a broken installation, no idea of what went wrong or how to fix it, and YET ANOTHER installation from the installation file if I want to keep running this thing. Which means I have to reconfigure the firewall, for one.

Yes, I run with administrator privileges. Yes, I've tried saving configurations of the various sub-systems - firewall, defense, anti-virus - but it DOES NOT save the important and time-consuming settings, particularly for the firewall.

I'm going back to ZoneAlarm!

Auto-Update? Have you tried fresh install, sorry to see you are having problems, but every bit of software will have a small % who do run into them whilst the majority don't.

Thanks for the plug on what you are using though, hope you reconsider and continue to make use of this community & software as opposed to just the one post.

Have a nice day  ;D
Film Scum Remake
Comodo: Where is your Tool
User: What Tool?
Comodo: This f****** Tool.
Protect Yourself With Comodo...... lol

Offline dureal99d

• Comodo Member
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2011, 12:35:35 PM »
I have used c.i.s. since version 3.0 and i have had to stop due to something in it freezing my system. Once this is fixed what ever it is; i will return to it. still love the new gui though!!

Oh system spec might help huh
win 7 64 - intel core i7 on evga x58 mobo 6 gb ddr3 500 gb seagate
no issues until the last 4 months
system 2
2.8 ghz quad core lga 775 modo asus - 8 gb of ram - 1 tb seagate

Or is the something i can disable in the meantime to continue its use.

Offline AyeAyeCaptain

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2011, 01:51:11 PM »
I have used c.i.s. since version 3.0 and i have had to stop due to something in it freezing my system. Once this is fixed what ever it is; i will return to it. still love the new gui though!!

Oh system spec might help huh
win 7 64 - intel core i7 on evga x58 mobo 6 gb ddr3 500 gb seagate
system 2
2.8 ghz quad core lga 775 modo asus - 8 gb of ram - 1 tb seagate

Or is the something i can disable in the meantime to continue its use.

Do you have 'enable enhanced protection' within Def + Settings? Turn it off and if you find there is no more freezing then post your own thread stating what happened etc... along with full specs. As there will be a small % who have problems with this.   
Film Scum Remake
Comodo: Where is your Tool
User: What Tool?
Comodo: This f****** Tool.
Protect Yourself With Comodo...... lol

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek