Author Topic: SSP  (Read 60546 times)

Offline DragonMaster Jay

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo Family Member
  • Malware expert
    • The Ultimate Geek TaskForce!
Re: SSP
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2009, 01:52:06 AM »
Ask questions in this forum if you really want to learn more about DVs: https://forums.comodo.com/digital_certificates_encryption_and_digital_signing-b71.0/
DragonMaster Jay
Malware researcher
Owner - Cheetah-Anti-Malware Development Group

Offline Xthink

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2009, 02:52:01 AM »
One or two questions from me is not enough. My knowledge on the subject matter is limited. Suggestions/proposals from many people with deep understanding on the subject I think is better.

Regards

Offline DragonMaster Jay

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo Family Member
  • Malware expert
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2009, 02:55:44 AM »
There is a topic located in several forums around here titled "Please feel free to ask any questions to learn all about Computer Security."

DragonMaster Jay
Malware researcher

Offline Xthink

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2009, 03:30:33 AM »
It's on the same link you pointed above.   :)   Thanks

Offline JamesFrance

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2009, 03:38:26 AM »
As far as a group, hpHosts/Ur I.T. Mate Group, are my "spare time" hobbies, nothing more nothing less. I do actually run a company (as of July 1st), but that's irrelevant.

Now isn't this the whole problem with this campaign?   If you all had private discussions amongst yourselves that would be entirely your affair.

But you don't do that do you?   You all copy each others blogs far and wide, blogging and posting with signatures declaring MVP awards and links to your websites.

The result of this is that the public at large sees impressive sounding qualifications and assumes you all to be highly qualified and experienced professionals.

Security MVP awards are often given to hobbyists who give their time gladly in a genuine desire to help others, but it is in no way a professional qualification.

As will be obvious to any computer expert I am just here as a complete amateur, but you will not see me trying to claim any expertise, I  just try to give a personal opinion and I do not like what I have been reading

The topic I started at the Malware Removal forum has now been locked by the administrator, who sent me a pm which was extremely offensive about Melih, myself and the members of this forum..

James

Offline DragonMaster Jay

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo Family Member
  • Malware expert
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2009, 09:03:37 PM »
I said the rest to CoU and I hope they are happy I reached this level. I do not normally react so badly, but they were really angering me. Check it out: http://www.calendarofupdates.com/updates/index.php?showtopic=19279&view=findpost&p=85719
DragonMaster Jay
Malware researcher

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2009, 09:36:52 PM »
All I can say is: Logic and Reason do not live in CoU....But if you are looking for liars, witchhunting and wannabe security professionals.... you know where to go ;)

Melih

Offline DragonMaster Jay

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo Family Member
  • Malware expert
« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2009, 09:48:25 PM »
Thanks Melih. That makes me feel much better.

They just don't like the fact that I admire Comodo's products and am willing to stand up for Comodo's products.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:52:48 PM by DragonMaster Jay »
DragonMaster Jay
Malware researcher

Offline Sporters

« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2009, 08:34:41 PM »
 :-\ I.m a simple website person wanting to find out more a SSL's. I typed into Google Versign vs Comodo and this blog poped up. After reading the battle between you guy's. I have decided not to go with Comodo or Versign. You guy's should really be more professional and you never know you is reading this.

Offline DragonMaster Jay

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo Family Member
  • Malware expert
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2009, 08:54:56 PM »
The problem these people seem to have, is that Comodo issue certificates and they also supply security software. I and the majority, don't see a relationship between the two.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again, it's a petty vendetta against Comodo by a small insignificant group of so called security professionals. Nothing more and nothing less.

Sporters, it is rather short-sighted to think you should not go with Comodo. I would rather recommend Comodo than anyone else. You see, the quote above explained why the Comodo team, and its security research groups got so mad. It was rather mean for other websites to shoot down Comodo for a small, petty discourse on certificates. If they want something to chew on, they should go chew on something like themselves that act unprofessional. I, myself, even tried to explain to them and reason to them...AND they still DID NOT listen!

Like I said, don't be so short-sighted about Comodo!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 08:56:43 PM by DragonMaster Jay »
DragonMaster Jay
Malware researcher

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek