Author Topic: KIS 2011 vs. CIS 4.1  (Read 21100 times)

Offline clocks

• Comodo's Hero
Re: KIS 2011 vs. CIS 4.1
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 11:49:27 AM »
Hope you are not Comodo employe and did this "research" on your own.
What we have seen? Some files were tested which weren't detected by KIS and detected by CIS. How that urls were found? Maybe this list was taken from Comodo or CIS users, no wonder Comodo detects these files. There tons of new malware appear each day, no antivirus can detect every sample. When KIS were blamed because it leaves some virus' records in registry - that was realy dumb.
Yes, these videos proove that kaspersky isn't perfect, but do they proove CIS any better? No. To actualy show that CIS has a good antivirus Comodo should permit wide independed testing.
For example contact with av-comparatives.
See http://www.av-comparatives.org/forum/index.php?page=Thread&postID=3141&highlight=comodo#post3141
Until Comodo team hides their product from testing there alway will be suspicions.
PS: excuse my bad english.

Melih has already asked to be included in this testing.

Offline krensauce

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 11:58:17 AM »
Not only that. Matousec has already tested CIS4 and it's leading above all security suites around:
http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php

that's a real test made by an independent company.

Offline Ovidiu G.

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The only real valuable thing is intuition-Einstein
    • Comodo Reviews in limba română
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 12:00:04 PM »
What we have seen? Some files were tested which weren't detected by KIS and detected by CIS. How that urls were found? Maybe this list was taken from Comodo or CIS users, no wonder Comodo detects these files. There tons of new malware appear each day, no antivirus can detect every sample. When KIS were blamed because it leaves some virus' records in registry - that was realy dumb.
Yes, these videos proove that kaspersky isn't perfect, but do they proove CIS any better? No. To actualy show that CIS has a good antivirus Comodo should permit wide independed testing.
For example contact with av-comparatives.
See http://www.av-comparatives.org/forum/index.php?page=Thread&postID=3141&highlight=comodo#post3141
Until Comodo team hides their product from testing there alway will be suspicions.
PS: excuse my bad english.

Hello,

I do not think these reviews have been pro comodo, but what matters to me is:

1. I saw a classic AV (Kaspersky) left a malware to infect a computer. Although the detection rate from Kaspersky is 98.67% :), two malware get into computer. Although the system was scanned and disinfected, the system could not be cleaned.
2. I saw how the suspicious files was run by Comodo in Sandbox (it doesn't matter whether or not the files were
identified by Comodo AV!) and the system was NOT affected. No need for malware removal!

Here you can see the need and role of Sandbox in Comodo and what thats representing it in the wild. Detection rate
in these cases does not matter!
I can say these things because I used Kaspersky since 5. series and using Comodo for 2-3 years.

1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHh3_COdQ60

2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myf68IVd-qw

;)

By the way, great rewies languy99! :)

Ovidiu

Offline Chocky

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 12:30:20 PM »
Not only that. Matousec has already tested CIS4 and it's leading above all security suites around:
http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php

that's a real test made by an independent company.
As far as I see, this was a proactive testing, this wasn't test of antivirus bases. This was about "will popup report something happening?". I'm not complete computer newbe, but I don't know what to answer when some process tries to modify some registry value. When site pretends it installing new adobe flash player there no way to average user to choose correct answer.

Offline Chocky

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 12:31:32 PM »
Melih has already asked to be included in this testing.
Hope you are right.

Offline kagun

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 01:21:12 PM »
from http://www.kaspersky.com/kis2011

Complete PC protection

Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 has everything that you need to stay safe and secure while you’re surfing the web. It provides constant protection for you and your family – whether you work, bank, shop or play online. With Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 you are always in a Green Zone, the safest place to be on the Internet.

As for COMODO antivirus, I think [my personal opinion as a watched tons of comodo prevention tests on youtube] it has MORE than 95% detection rate, based on prevention tests, only 1 or maybe 2 files need to be sandboxed, others are identified by AV. And that says something...
Phenomenal job, Comodo team! :-TU

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 02:17:07 PM »

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 03:30:42 PM »
As far as I see, this was a proactive testing, this wasn't test of antivirus bases. This was about "will popup report something happening?". I'm not complete computer newbe, but I don't know what to answer when some process tries to modify some registry value. When site pretends it installing new adobe flash player there no way to average user to choose correct answer.
Yes, it was a proactive test. These are the most important.

Also, I noticed that everything that wasn't caught was immediately sandboxed. Now in fairness there were a few Defense+ alerts, but with these it was fairly obvious from the wording that blocking or sandboxing would be a good idea.

The way I think these type of reviews should be is to only block the process if the wording is obvious enough that the ordinary user would also be inclined to block. I believe the methodology used in these reviews follows that.

If I'm not wrong he probably took the links straight from malwaredomainlist. I think that's how most of these reviews are done.

Are those .job files important? I'm talking about the ones Malwarebytes found. They seem dangerous to me, but I'm no expert.

I do believe that with the very limited amount of malware used CIS did do better than KIS, even for the average user.

Offline jovan111p

• CESMUser
  • Comodo's Hero
  • After every fall I get up, never give up!!!
    • Comodo Internet Security Complete, take a look on best protection on the Net
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2010, 06:18:25 PM »
According to the Youtube video turns out that the CIS is the best protection on the Net! Is it possible?

Offline Kyle

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »
Thanks for the review. 

[at]languy, Don't even bother arguing with Vettech\Dieselman. He lacks the mental capacity to understand difference and you will get no where.
Windows 7 x64
AMD FX 8120, 8gb ram, ATI 6870 1gb

Offline hyatt69

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2010, 07:55:22 PM »
sounds like him(dieselgirl-sorry i ment dieselman-no i didnt its dieselgirl) hes a big baby.all he does is gets the last saying in every post and then closes it.better yet if you disagree with him he will ban you(like me).

by the way languy99 good reviews not drawn out and boring you get right to the point either the program works good or not.keep it up.

I made a post on the Remove-Malware forums saying this:

Dieselman deleted my post, then sent me a PM saying I should "watch my mouth", and that there' "no reason to tell people they are retarded."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:12:30 PM by hyatt69 »

Offline clocks

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 08:22:20 PM »
sounds like him(dieselgirl-sorry i ment dieselman-no i didnt its dieselgirl) hes a big baby.all he does is gets the last saying in every post and then closes it.better yet if you disagree with him he will ban you(like me).

Yeah, they have got to be one of the most abrasive mods I have ever seen.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2010, 01:05:38 AM »
[at] all,

Please refrain from commenting on mods from other forums here.

You could try posting your commentary on their forums if you are not satisifed with their mods actions on their forums.

Good luck with your postings. ;)

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 02:32:29 AM »
[at] all,... Please refrain from commenting on mods from other forums here.
Well,...  I feel like I'm not just agree with what panic   said - I feel like I must  post this -
such attitude will  lead / bring you "to nowhere"
Be constructive in any particular forum... if you can
Cross-references / personal disliking / disagreements  regarding other forums & blogs  will not ever do any good ... that is just waste of time
Argue where you wanna argue ... if the mod "there" is a jerk ... hmm.. nothing you can do about it unfortunately
the point is - why would one bring "the issue" here ???!!!
There is no resolution to such kinda things

Stay tuned  happy or angry  ;D  within any particular forum   

Cheers!
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Offline kagun

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2010, 04:56:49 AM »
NIS 2010 vs. CIS 4.1 Part 1 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRGuKHGnots
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO11w5kL29g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdeT9LLlkA0

For those who don't have time to watch
Standard rules, fresh installed, factory settings, process explorer, 10 links:

NIS: Used a lot of CPU and system was slow and some of the time unresponsive. Download insight was asking to allow execution or not because it did not know if the file is good or bad. Languy chose to block all.
Some files passed and were running in memory, if I remember, 3 or 4.
Computer was slowing down at the end, so he made a reboot, scanned with norton, removed 5 tracking cookies, malwarebytes and hitman pro did not find anything if I remember right.
CIS: you know already.
Conclusion was that norton was good at cleaning, it also gave popups just like comodo asking what to do, it was cpu intensive but it passed the test.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek