Author Topic: How Compatible CIS is With Other Security Products: Your Opinion Needed  (Read 54536 times)

Offline DragonMaster Jay

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo Family Member
  • Malware expert
    • The Ultimate Geek TaskForce!
Re: How Compatible CIS is With Other Security Products: Your Opinion Needed
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2009, 07:03:01 AM »
ST had a lot of resources used. It slowed Vista down.

Also, I do not like Crawler toolbar that they offer. It is a rogue toolbar, and is known for spyware/adware.
DragonMaster Jay
Malware researcher
Owner - Cheetah-Anti-Malware Development Group

Offline roberta

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo Member
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2009, 11:38:23 PM »
CIS has incompatibilty issues with Symantec AntiVirus 10.1.6.6000, 10.1.7.7000 & 10.1.8.8000 (Corporate Edition)....
I reported this about 1 year ago, & to the best of my knowledge it has not been fixed to this date....

Roberta
Greetings from The Land Downunder

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2009, 03:08:07 AM »
CIS has incompatibilty issues with Symantec AntiVirus 10.1.6.6000, 10.1.7.7000 & 10.1.8.8000 (Corporate Edition)....
I reported this about 1 year ago, & to the best of my knowledge it has not been fixed to this date.... Roberta
Hi Roberta,

Can you please provide more detailed information about you the setup.

OS ; Service Pack &  platform (32bit  or x64) in the 1st place.

Are you using just Comodo Firewall or full CIS Suite with Anti-Virus and you want one of the Anti-Viruses being on-demand only?

If that is Comodo Firewall only – that has to be looked at by developers very seriously.

If you have 2 AV the situation is different. The conflicts can occur even if you set one of the AVs being on-demand only.

There are few threads and advices here in the forum  about KIS, for example, and how to set that up. BitDefender 10 requires  few additional tricks  in order to avoid conflicts … and so on...

I managed to test and set up many working together. I have 5 different AVs/Anti-Malware on- demand scanners currently working perfectly all together with my main AV,  and other security layers

I did test Comodo AV too, but decided – “that's not the one” (it is not present here now here)

But the main thing is that even if all seems to be set up correctly there still could be clashes when just 2 AVs are present.

(Offtopic!  !ot!) The Symantec is a very special one.   - I would not allow this  thing being installed on a clean computer... with or without any other security alongside ever! ( my personal opinion... forget about it  :) )

But the main questions remain:
you PC configuration  & whether you are using Comodo AV or just Firewall only?

The reference to previously reported troubles, as you pointed, would be helpful as well.

My regards
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:13:14 AM by SiberLynx »
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Offline roberta

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo Member
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2009, 04:15:54 AM »
[at]SiberLynx

Only using Comodo's Firewall & Defense+
So NO Comodo AV module.

This issue was already happening with Comodo Firewall Pro before CIS was released.
And it was happening in all PCs that had both Symantec AV (Corporate) & Comodo installed (with No other AV or security software present).

Regards,

Roberta
Greetings from The Land Downunder

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2009, 02:15:28 AM »
Hi Roberta,

Thank you for reply to post and clarifying that only Comodo Firewall is "involved" but " NO Comodo AV module"

That is important information indeed

The only thing left is: we may hope that developers do know what kind of troubles and alleged incompatibilities described previously you are referring to

My regards
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Offline marinius

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2009, 07:17:00 AM »
i am using Avira's AntiVir Personal in combination with the Comodo firewall with defense + but without Comodo's AV since the two antivirus programs might conflict with one another...

Offline hehomain

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2009, 04:49:28 AM »
No problem at all with hitman pro 3.5 and immunet (both cloud-based anti-malware)  :-TU :-TU
La difference est une similitude universelle  :)

Offline k9r

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2009, 04:12:25 PM »
I am using Comodo firewall only along with Avira Personal and threatfire 4.5.0.24 and use MB and SAS for on demand scanning. PC is XP pro sp3 and every thing works well together. I have been trying out different firewalls just out of curiousity but have always come back to Comodo. If I ever decide to change again please give my head a shake. ;D

Offline TheUndertaker

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2009, 03:27:25 AM »
WinXP x32 service pack 3 all patches
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0i with patch 1
CIS 3.11.x.552 FW and D+ only.

CIS conflicts with McAfee AV.
CIS 3.11.x.x does not detect all active connections.
Sometimes crash cfp.exe without to create a crash dump.

I added all CIS files to McAfee AV On-Access-Scanner exclusion list and now all working well.

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2009, 09:18:00 AM »
I would say comodos firewall is very good for compatibility

Here's a great example of a firewall that's not good with compatiblity in quote and was posted by a mod (they call themselfs "guru's" there  GeorgeV  wrote in quote from the guru himself
Code: [Select]
http://forum.zonelabs.org/showthread.php?t=70285   
NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...
I'm guessing they don't want you using any other software but theres :o   Gee, I wonder why $$$$$$$
It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline HarpGuy

• Comodo Family Member
  • Little is that which a Blues Harp can't improve.
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2009, 10:58:25 AM »
I haven't found a single thing, frankly, with which CIS is incompatible...

...and, believe me, I've tested a whole lotta' stuff out there...

...for whatever that's worth.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:57:03 PM by HarpGuy »

Offline SS26

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2009, 02:19:34 PM »
CF (Comodo Firewall: Firewall + Defense+) in Custom + Paranoid modes.
DrWeb CureIt on-demand scanner as trusted executable under Computer security policy of Defense+.
No single problem during bunch of scans by CureIt.

Note that CureIt is in fact portable (full-featured) DrWeb on-demand scanner which is a part of DrWeb Antivirus products.

update:
Same setup, Returnil v2.0.1.9002 (free). "Session lock" feature of Returnil works as designed. No errors/problems on CF part and Returnil either.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 08:47:31 AM by SS26 »

Subgud

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2009, 10:57:49 AM »
I use prevx 3.0 alongside CIS 3.11 with no problem! I have also tried superantispyware without any problem.  :-TU

Offline KoRn

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2009, 04:34:50 PM »
Realtime:

CIS latest version firewall and D+ portion only
Avira 9 Premium
Spywareblaster
MVPS Hosts file

On demand scanning:

Malwarebytes
Superantispyware

No problems at all. I have been running this setup for the past year. XP Home SP3

Offline ultrastevep

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2009, 06:05:52 PM »
After reading this thread, is there any reason why I shouldn't use "just" CIS without any other antivirus? Avast is a hog on my system and I just realized I had CAV turned off. Why not just this?

Thanks.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek