Author Topic: How Compatible CIS is With Other Security Products: Your Opinion Needed  (Read 54194 times)

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
  • Do you like fire? I'm full of it.
Windows Defender + Symantec Antivirus 11 + Windows Firewall + Nod32 4 + COMODO FIREWALL(no AV). I'd say that spells pretty compatible given the number of apps coexisting on the same machine. :)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with all updates, UAC off + COMODO Internet Security 5.8 + Avira Free 2012 + TuneUp Utilities 2011 + Norton Ghost 15 SP1

Offline v941726

• Comodo's Hero
Hi Guys,
We need some feedback from you as per your experience using CIS with other security products.
It will help us know how good or bad we are doing in this aspect.

I will highly appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks
-umesh

I HAVE TO CHUCKLE AT THIS. sorry, but i thought the point was to only need cis and nothing else.  weren't we all told countless time to uninstall everything 1st?  even microsoft recommends that.  so does online armor, kapersky. norton, etc. all of them basically
Windows 7 x64
core duo 2,16 GHz
4 GB Ram
Vipre AV
Thinkpad T60
CVE
No other security software

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
I HAVE TO CHUCKLE AT THIS. sorry, but i thought the point was to only need cis and nothing else.  weren't we all told countless time to uninstall everything 1st?  even microsoft recommends that.  so does online armor, kapersky. norton, etc. all of them basically

No, not uninstall the others. Simply turn them off for the install...

Offline v941726

• Comodo's Hero
No, not uninstall the others. Simply turn them off for the install...

ok. im just saying that melih's original goal was to build one product that fits all. i just posted elsewhere that that was za's fall from grace
Windows 7 x64
core duo 2,16 GHz
4 GB Ram
Vipre AV
Thinkpad T60
CVE

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
ok. im just saying that melih's original goal was to build one product that fits all. i just posted elsewhere that that was za's fall from grace

I think you are mistaken. He has said in numerous posts that no security application is going to keep you 100% safe. That is just impossible. His goal is to put together the best security application that he can, but he is well aware that there is always the chance that something can slip through. Hence the reason for this post.

Offline v941726

• Comodo's Hero
I think you are mistaken. He has said in numerous posts that no security application is going to keep you 100% safe. That is just impossible. His goal is to put together the best security application that he can, but he is well aware that there is always the chance that something can slip through. Hence the reason for this post.

ok. i misstated. i agree 200%.  but i am saying it seems to be slipping backwards. again, my point is just to have it work w/o configuring.      that was the goal i tried to mention
Windows 7 x64
core duo 2,16 GHz
4 GB Ram
Vipre AV
Thinkpad T60
CVE

Offline PalZer0

• Comodo Member
Got Comodo Firewall and Defense+ working really nicely with Nod32 4.0.437. No extra configuration required.

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
Comodo Firewall w Defense+  and Mamutu Behavioural Blocker (EMSI Software) - no problems so far
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Offline bequick

• Comodo's Hero
    • GooGle
Got Comodo Firewall and Defense+ working really nicely with Nod32 4.0.437. No extra configuration required.
Yes, but CIS has a better detection rate than eset.I've tested them with 3700 live viruses yesterday.
COMODO Internet Security 3.10.102363.531

Scanned: 3732
Detected: 3721

Duration: 5 sec

Avira AntiVir Personal - FREE Antivirus

Detected: 3711

Duration: 4 sec

EAV 4.0.437

Detected: 3618
So,I don't need other AV.:))

Offline J2897

• Comodo's Hero
  • Limted User Account Enforcer
    • YouTube Channel
CIS is Compatible with ALL of these 'Security Products'. I tested them all together a couple of months ago. My PC ran the same as it is does after a Fresh O/S install (XP Pro').

The only problems was 'VEngine'. I don't think it was compatible with IE7's 'Google Toolbar BETA'.

Oh', also had a problem with 'K9 Web Protection'. (See 'here'.)

As you can see, that problem seemed to go away, but 'K9 Web Protection' felt a little buggy. Whether it was conflicting with CIS I don't know. I've uninstalled it from the machine it was on because it would sometimes crash IE7. It would also open an infinite number of IE7 windows if you clicked the IE7 Shortcut whilst the machine was still trying to boot up. I think 'K9 Web Protection' ran fine before I installed CIS on that machine.

Offline PegHorse

• Comodo Loves me
    • Comparatif en vidéo des Suites de Sécurité
I use CIS with
- Microsoft Essentials Security ( ofc i didn't install AV of Comodo )
- TrueCrypt
- VMware

I do have some problems with VMware that i've figured out to resolve it :
Well, you know than VMware install some drivers on the system, its using SERVICES.EXE everytimes and Comodo flood it without the possibility to trust the program.

What i've done was easy : i have customised the rights of C:\Windows\system32\services.exe and Allowed all, now i'm relaxed.  :P0l

For the rest i have no troubles.  :-TU
I've forgot a thing which is very important : I'm using Win7 RTM 7600 x64.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:09:19 PM by PegHorse »

Offline almu

Hi Guys,
We need some feedback from you as per your experience using CIS with other security products.
It will help us know how good or bad we are doing in this aspect.

I will highly appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi
 My system: Laptop with intel wireless facility,  Vista home premium, virgin media ISP & cable modem linked through a Netgear Rangemax wireless router wpn824 version 2 with WPN security enabled. Comodo internet security suite, bit defender and trend micro housecall

I previously had problems with another major firewall that caused my internet connection to hang or freeze. The only way back was to reboot the computer which took far longer than a normal reboot.

I removed the other firewall and installed Comodo firewall at first in combination with Avast antivirus and now with the complete comodo internet security suite. Bit Defender av and Trend Micro House Call Av are  also installed but not loaded at boot up. They are only run on demand.

Since installation of Comodo I have had ****no hangs or freezing of my WEB connection***** and no problems with its interaction with the other av.

Cheers
Almu :)

Offline Ratshelter

I never ever experienced any problems with CIS and:

Spybot search and destroy
Malwarebytes, anti malware
Avast

Offline ailef

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
using KAV 2010 build 463 with comodo FW and D+ 3.10 build 531.
both work fine on vista 64 SP2, even if u install kav after comodo, kav tells to uninstall comodo first but u just have to delete in the reg the uninstall regkey of comodo then u can install KAV and u can import back the comodo regkey.
so kav 2010 and comodo without AV work 100% ok.
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit SP1 - Comodo Firewall 5.12 - Panda Cloud AV Free 3.0.0 - Sophos Virus Removal Tool 2.5

Offline axl

• Comodo's Hero
I fail to see the point of this thread.
Why mix software that has no conflicts with CIS, with those that do?
Shouldn't the point be to find software that is problematic?
This thread is a mess, and trying to derive any meaningful conclusions is a great chore.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek