Author Topic: Comodo Problems: Comodo Internet Security Sucks! [RESOLVED]  (Read 16888 times)

Offline lordraiden

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Comodo Problems: Comodo Internet Security Sucks! [RESOLVED]
« on: August 19, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »
http://comodoproblems.com/ ;D

Looks like a website made by a professional but he describe his problems like if it were the first time in his live that touch a computer.
Too pro to be a private user and who will spend money on hosting and domains while Internet is plenty of forums?
I love the lacks of information about the problems or any evidence, and the same problem "blue screen" being reported all the times like if it were something different. Seems to be the perfect propaganda, so scared is avg if they are really behind?

The best part of the web is this paragraph
I did quite a lot of research and the first thing that I tried was AVG Internet Security. The OpenSource community seemed to recommend and had high praise for AVG, and lots of other community forums had good experience with this program. (Remember, better to trust REAL people than some authority websites out there. Community forums consist of real people!).

You know if the OpenSource community says so must be true, you know because avg is opensource and everybody knows that the opensource community uses Windows and not Linux this is why they love AVG ;D BTW where is this community?

I’m already using the paid version (AVG Internet Security 2011) and am very satisfied with them so far, that’s all I can say.
Of course you have to buy avg

I then started to find what other people had to say about similar problem online (did this using my other computer, thank God I have another computer to use!). To my surprise I wasn’t the only one experiencing this after installing Comodo Internet Security. The same also happens with Comodo firewall and Comodo antivirus.
This is to be sure that you have say something bad about all the products, the best of all is that nobody has reported BSOD of CIS 5.X in the forums (he says that he started to use CIS on May 2011)

Domains registered by privacyprotect.org the purpose is that you can't know that avg is behind this ;D  http://privacyprotect.org/about-privacyprotection/

http://whois.domaintools.com/avgforfree.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/www-avg.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/comodoproblems.com

So some altruistic people is spending their money in making promotion to avg and tell lies about their competitors and they use the same company to hide who is behind?, like if Internet is not plenty of companies like this one

We will never know the truth about this but at least you can have some laughs reading the website.

PD: never buy nothing from a web registered in privacyprotect.org or you will never know who is behind
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:46:30 PM by Matty_R »

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
Re: Comodo Problems: Comodo Internet Security Sucks!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 01:03:07 PM »
to guess that some company would be behind this, is the same at this moment as his telling about the described stuff about comodo.
just (too fast) guesses.

its a question for me, why this user didnt visited a forum for help. and when his computer gets frozen when left, why didnt he sat next to it for the time to see what happened?
this user has nothing to do with a company, if you ask me. and just because you see a name in a text, or for example an advertisment of "a suite" on a test page for firewalls, doesnt mean automatically the results are made for the advertised things.

he can set up a page, and write stuff on it faster, than think about solving small problems first. doesnt fit.

"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there was no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen."

Offline lordraiden

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 01:53:16 PM »
to guess that some company would be behind this, is the same at this moment as his telling about the described stuff about comodo.
just (too fast) guesses.

its a question for me, why this user didnt visited a forum for help. and when his computer gets frozen when left, why didnt he sat next to it for the time to see what happened?
this user has nothing to do with a company, if you ask me. and just because you see a name in a text, or for example an advertisment of "a suite" on a test page for firewalls, doesnt mean automatically the results are made for the advertised things.

he can set up a page, and write stuff on it faster, than think about solving small problems first. doesnt fit.

Sorry but a person that does not know that the opensource community does not use windows (in fact reading the invented problem is clear that he just pretend to scam noob pc users) and has nothing to do with av's does not make a website that easily, this website is a scam made but somebody to bring costumers to AVG

This user does not exists he is telling that has had the same problem with CAV and Comodo Firewall so it's a problem of the AV or the HIPS or the sandbox or the firewall, the only thing in common of this products is the interface and an interface does not produce BSOD.

So taking into account that the user and the problems are invented, that the only purpose of the website is telling lies about Comodo and say how good is avg, and that he/they are using all the time the same service to register domains to make promo websites of AVG, I really doubt that this website is made by a person.

In fact the register domain privacyprotect.org is famous for being used for scam
http://www.knowledgesutra.com/forums/topic/56876-privacyprotect/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:59:21 PM by lordraiden »

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 03:32:45 PM »
When you click on the links for AVG on that site this is what you get
http://www.avg.com/us-en/affiliate-deals?cmpid=aff_cj_us

its a link from an affiliate so that they make money for referring traffic. I am assuming CJ stands for Commision Junction which is an affiliate network. So this must be a person who registered as an affiliate with CJ and got links for AVG to sell AVG and get commision from doing that.

I think CJ.com should disqualify this affiliate and AVG should NOT pay out to this fraudster for frauding end users with false stories.

Melih
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:34:47 PM by Melih »

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 03:42:59 PM »
this makes "sense" now.

its a poor attempt of a "singular" who tries to earn money with the product of someone else.
anyway, too cheap for a "legit" agenda.
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there was no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen."

Offline knk2006

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 12:29:42 AM »
LOL, reminds me with our beloved Bob from Avast :P  ;D

Offline SpeedyPC

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 05:09:26 AM »
LOL, reminds me with our beloved Bob from Avast :P  ;D

Now now leave Bob alone their been enough civil war between Bob and Comodo, it time we all should have peace on earth ;)
ASUS G75VX-T4153H - Avast Free v9.0.2018 - Outpost Pro Firewall v9.1 - W8 64bit - Firefox (NS/AdP/LP/TSB/TL/Web/Ghost/VT) - Thunderbird (AdP) - MBAM Premium + MBAE - Secunia PSI - CCleaner - MCShield - Macrium Reflect Free

Offline axl

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 07:33:22 AM »
I see this as good news.

If someone has to go through all this effort to bash Comodo, then Comodo must be giving them a world of grief when they trying are sell their product.

All this did was make me more confident about the quality of Comodo Internet Security.

Offline Piedone

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 08:18:44 AM »
I see this as good news.

If someone has to go through all this effort to bash Comodo, then Comodo must be giving them a world of grief when they trying are sell their product.

All this did was make me more confident about the quality of Comodo Internet Security.

+1

Was about to reply more or less the same thing :)

Offline Victor Popescu

• Comodo's Hero
  • Say Hello To My Little Comodo !!!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 08:35:54 AM »
I believe may 9th 2009 was the date when I've first installed CIS. Since that day, no malware has touched my system so far. Since then, the issue with formating the hard drive and installing the software all over again due to malware trouble, was over.
Maybe they're starting to feel threatened because Comodo made some "noise" lately:

http://www.comodo.com/news/press_releases/2011/08/Comodo-Wins-Golden-Bridge-Awards.html
http://www.comodo.com/news/press_releases/2011/08/Comodo-Named-Finalist-For-Computing-Security-Awards.html

I've seen what CIS did for me these past years and I don't need to listen to no one but my own experience with it.

Keep on doing what you do guys, it starts to show.
"It's all a game, avoiding failure, when true colors will bleed
All in the name of misbehavior and the things we don't need
I lust for after no disaster can touch, touch us anymore
And more than ever, I hope to never fall, where ENOUGH is not the same it was before"... by Poets Of The Fall.

Offline knk2006

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 09:18:33 AM »
Now now leave Bob alone their been enough civil war between Bob and Comodo, it time we all should have peace on earth ;)
that was the first thing that came to my mind when I went through that website :D
yeah !! good days hah  ;D

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 09:49:21 AM »
I very much doubt this is set up AVG. As Melih said, it appears to be someone with an affiliate account with CJ or Affilias and is looking to make money by referrals and subsequent investigations bear this out so far.

If I were Melih I'd contact AVG and point this out to them. Hopefully they will can this loons affiliate account.

ROFLMAO

This page (http://comodoproblems.com/comodo-problems/how-to-uninstall-comodo-internet-security/) tells you how to remove CIS and contains a link to LANGUYS (Comodo moderator) Google doc removal zip, which contains the removal batch file created by RAGWING (another Comodo mod).

ROFLMFAO - don't trust it to protect your PC but you trust the removal tool created by the Comodo mods??

Somehow, I don't think the removal tool is the only tool in this chain of events.

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
N
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 12:23:15 PM »
I believe may 9th 2009 was the date when I've first installed CIS. Since that day, no malware has touched my system so far. Since then, the issue with formating the hard drive and installing the software all over again due to malware trouble, was over.
Maybe they're starting to feel threatened because Comodo made some "noise" lately:

http://www.comodo.com/news/press_releases/2011/08/Comodo-Wins-Golden-Bridge-Awards.html
http://www.comodo.com/news/press_releases/2011/08/Comodo-Named-Finalist-For-Computing-Security-Awards.html

I've seen what CIS did for me these past years and I don't need to listen to no one but my own experience with it.

Keep on doing what you do guys, it starts to show.

And thats exactly what is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING - OUR USER'S EXPERIENCE!!!!! And not some paid testing organisation not testing "full protection" capability, but real world users with their real world experiences.. And that is priceless and can't be bought! But detection tests............... (fill in the gap):)

Melih

Offline Hungry Man

• Comodo Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 05:29:19 PM »
Yup. I've had Comodo installed for months and I've got my setup really just perfect (for me at least.) I've personally tested it against malware of all sorts (including exploits, such as java exploits) and nothing has touched my system.

This may be a legitimate website/ issue. Software incompatibilities happen. The fact is that this doesn't really say anything about the level of protection as the user didn't get the chance to even see it in action.

AVG is not a replacement for CIS - it is an antivirus/ suite and doesn't provide the same functionality. Not to say that it's bad or "not enough" but they're apples and oranges.

Offline cavehomme

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 01:49:41 PM »
This site is just a blatant trash of Comodo and ramp up of AVG. The guy is a chancer who has the cheek to be earning money via referals to AVG!

Sure, I agree CIS can have issues, but this guy clearly knows little about security is more interested in filling his pockets with money from worried computers rather than helping them fix their issues!

I am sure this has nothing to do with AVG, just an a low life trying to make a few bucks.
Windows 7 HP 32
Firewall: Windows
AV: CAV, Hitman Pro
Browser: Comodo IceDragon
Comodo DNS enabled

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek