Author Topic: COMODO Internet Security 5.9.221665.2197 released  (Read 23497 times)

Offline ice

• Comodo Member
Re: COMODO Internet Security 5.9.221665.2197 released
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 12:11:25 AM »
Does running the diagnostics help?

No, I regullary do that, just for any case, but there is everything OK.And I didn't change anything in TVS list for myself.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:16:51 AM by ice »

Offline gassom

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 06:50:44 PM »
Hm, it doesn't run on my server 2008 r2 system anymore. :(

Offline gassom

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »
ah well, i extracted the cis_setup_x64.msi manually, that worked.
sort of, because now i also have the AV installed, which i didn't really want to.

so to me this looks like a installer bug.

also, the update did NOT work from 5.5.xxx. it only took <1sec for the "update" and forced me to reboot, bur after the reboot nothing changed at all... still 5.5.xxx :(

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
  • ZIG ZAG
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2012, 09:25:50 AM »
ah well, i extracted the cis_setup_x64.msi manually, that worked.
sort of, because now i also have the AV installed, which i didn't really want to.

so to me this looks like a installer bug.
Of course it is not a bug.
Suite is completely installed, including AV, unless you go to "Customize installer" link under "Agree and Install" button.

Offline gassom

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 09:43:37 AM »
i meant the whole unpacked installer cfw_installer.exe which didn't work at all. instead it told me something about "cannot install on this OS" or something like this...
can't say the exact error message, because i'm not on that computer now.

the extracted cis_setup_x64.msi doesn't offer a lot of options when installing. but at least it did install.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:45:11 AM by gassom »

Offline christarzan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2012, 09:45:59 AM »
I get an older version of the Comodo Dragon with it...Why isn't the web installer not available to download from the main web site?

Lazy?

Offline roadrun777

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 08:15:30 PM »
Greetings all. It has been many years since I posted a question so go easy on me if its the wrong forum.

I seem to have some strange issues with comodo premium. I ran comodo diagnostics and it thinks everything is fine. Product version reports : 5.9.221665.2197 - virus database : 11441 .

I was previously running 5.8.xxx and I was having a hell of a time with the defense+ working properly. It was constantly showing dialogue boxes about applications being sandboxed but would never remember or honor when I clicked the "don't isolate" option, and also these were applications that were explicitly marked as safe. I tried everything, even uninstalling, formatting, putting a fresh version of win7 64bit on with nothing but drivers and browsers. After several hours I ran into the same issue again with 5.8.xxx. It was sandboxing every application that was launched regardless of its safe status or if I hit the "don't isolate again" option.

So I decided to move on to 5.9.221665.2197 with a clean install win7 64bit.
So far it works much faster than the previous version but I still randomly run into the duality problem. If I log into a user account too fast, CIS will report that every executable launched from that profile is unkown and being sandboxed. Examples - SynTPEnh.exe, dllhost.exe, consent.exe, and atieclxx.exe.
When I go into the log file and click on "add to trusted files" it says the files are already trusted, which doesn't explain why it was sandboxed. This is very similar to the problem I was having with the earlier version. It only seems to happen if I log into the user account right when the laptop is booted. If I wait awhile (for the disk activity to stop) then try to log in the user account it doesn't sandbox any of the items except atieclxx.exe, which always triggers a sandbox alert no matter what I do.

This behavior occurs even after a clean install, plain vanilla MS verified windows 7 64bit install cd.

I have three question.
One : Is there a way to turn on detailed logging (or debugging logging)? I need to see what is going on underneath and the logging system has been designed for extreme simplicity, not troubleshooting. If I could see a path logic, like why a file was determined to need to be sand-boxed, it could help me pinpoint the issue much faster, and I would respect the devs a lot more for providing some more transparency.

Two: Is there a way to turn on PID reporting in the firewall/defense logging sections?!?! It drives me bonkers that the logging mechanism only reports the .EXE file responsible for the communication attempt rather than the process hiding behind the .EXE. To go into more detail as to my need for such a feature, my firewall logs are full of EXE files trying to contact akamai servers but I have no way to pinpoint the code or service that is hammering the firewall to get out. I know any generic service or executable that is signed properly can use the underlying com system, which essentially lets it hide behind svchost.exe in the logs, in practice this makes it near impossible to track which spawn is the culprit. So in my humble opinion it is absolutely necessary to track the PID on firewall logging, otherwise its just a big guessing game.

Three: Why does code running in the sandbox disappear from the task list and comodo? Yet the task that is invisible to comodo (meaning it does not show up at all in comodos task list service) is visible in the windows task manager? It requires a complete restart to get comodo CIS to see the executable code again, otherwise for the current session it fails to see the executable and it fails to sandbox it properly until the system is restarted again. When this problem occurs, the problematic executable fills up the firewall log with requests to communicate to the internet via the SYSTEM service, which gets blocked. Nothing I can do short of rebooting the system will fix the problem, as terminating the executable and running it again just repeats the problem of it not being seen by comodo and not being sandboxed.

I would appreciate any help or pointers. I usually debug this stuff on my own but this one has me confused. It is almost like there are two OS's running in parallel on this system, and one occasionally gets out of sync with the other. I know it sounds strange, but I still can't figure out why processes just vanish out of Comodo's running task lists and then appear to be running as SYSTEM.

And this is the 4th clean install of Win7, with reformat, new boot sector, etc.
Virus scan reports all clear. Normally I would blame it on a bad windows install, but seeing as I have reinstalled several times now, I can't blame it on a configuration problem.

Anyway, uh, help?  Suggestions? Is this a bug that needs to be filed or is this a known issue?
;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:03:19 AM by roadrun777 »

Offline Nostromov

• Comodo Member
  • w00t!
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2012, 06:19:05 PM »
[..] "cannot install on this OS" or something like this...

Any help, I'm searching the web/forums to no avail. :f
This installation does not support target platform.

Windows 8 Developer Preview 8102 64-Bit, Comodo 5.9.221665.2197 and tried all three installers: cfw_installer.exe, cfw_installer_x64.exe & cispremium_installer_x64.exe.

PS.
[..] there where updates
Yes.

J/k. :$ Where, there?!?? ;p ;d
Z68A-G43 (G3) - i7-3770 - Vengeance 2x4GB 2133MHz - GTX 650 Gainward - WD 1TB 64MB SATA - Win7 Pro/64 SP1 / Trusty Xfce AMD64

Offline languy99

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »
v6 will be compatible with windows 8 not this version from what I know.
http://www.youtube.com/languy99

Software Reviews for all.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/languy99

Offline Nostromov

• Comodo Member
  • w00t!
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2012, 06:49:44 PM »
Right, thanks for the reply - I managed to install it by extracting the .MSI - but, the Network driver blue-screen crashed and was subsequently absent from Adapter Properties; Dammit! :)

Z68A-G43 (G3) - i7-3770 - Vengeance 2x4GB 2133MHz - GTX 650 Gainward - WD 1TB 64MB SATA - Win7 Pro/64 SP1 / Trusty Xfce AMD64

Offline bobono

what the different between CIS free vs CIS premium?
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 03:58:46 AM »

notes: i already done instal CIS premium and when i look to firewall setting i saw "MAC".

what is MAC? is mean macintosh or what?

im using windows xp pro SP3 32 bit

anyone can tell me soon as possiblle?

thank you very much to comodo, admin and all member

Offline Dragula

• Comodo's Hero
  • We are, Who we are
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 04:19:23 AM »
When will the CIS 5.10?

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
Re: what the different between CIS free vs CIS premium?
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2012, 04:20:39 AM »
Hi bobono, welcome to the forums.
Nothing, CIS Premium is free.

notes: i already done instal CIS premium and when i look to firewall setting i saw "MAC".

what is MAC? is mean macintosh or what?
MAC stands for Media Access Control address. It's a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces, see MAC Address [wikipedia.org]. In terms of usage in CIS, it's like an IP address.
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2012, 04:22:53 AM »
When will the CIS 5.10?
I do not know and I don't believe we've been given an actual date as yet.
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline pykko

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Intr-o lume plina de virusi, ai un prieten
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2012, 12:28:08 PM »
CIS 5.10 should be out on the next week perhaps. egemen said something of several weeks.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek