Author Topic: COMODO Internet Security 5.9.219863.2196 Released  (Read 75838 times)

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
Re: COMODO Internet Security 5.9.219747.2195 Released
« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2011, 04:54:42 AM »
Might this be a reason...? Wondershare is "trusted application" I see it in the list. Might be that it is trusted that CIS allows it to bypass the blocks set..yes?
Can you verify if it also runs as trusted on the 5.8 install?

I assume you also read my reply here
Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline voltron

• Comodo Family Member
Re: COMODO Internet Security 5.9.219747.2195 Released
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2011, 04:39:40 PM »
Can you verify if it also runs as trusted on the 5.8 install?

I assume you also read my reply here

Hello Ronny,

Really appreciate the reply thanks there. I have to check and load an old system image as I upgraded now to ver5.9. Incidentally I made your suggested settings and it worked for KMPlayer ver3.1. I'll check out Wondershare later when I get home.

Isn't it supposed to be blocked in the firewall component and not in D+...?

I mean it's network related(outgoing connection) so it should be stopped with a Application Network Access Control>Use a Predefined Policy>Blocked Application....right? 

Will be back here. Thanks again.

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
Re: COMODO Internet Security 5.9.219863.2196 Released
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2011, 04:55:11 PM »
Oh I thought you where trying to prevent an application from starting an other application (which has to be controlled by Defense+).

If you try to block an application from accessing the Internet via Browser X that won't work on Firewall rules.
What happens is the following, KMPlayer call's default browser, default browser X starts and then tries to access the Internet.
So you would have to create a rule specific for Browser X so it's can't access 'domain X' or IP Y etc, that's probably to complicated.

It's much easier to prevent KMPlayer from opening the browser in the first place.
Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline Enkhbaatar Ochirsuren

« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2011, 01:36:30 AM »
Really nice, guys! I just installed Comodo 5.9, and it's so much more pleasant to look at. The theme is easier on the eye. I kind of hated the red theme, and this new one rocks. Comodo is starting to look professional. So much better that most antivirus softwares are starting to fall behind. Keep up the great work!
β€œIs God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”
Epicurus (341 BCE – 270 BCE)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #154 on: December 28, 2011, 07:42:51 AM »
Really nice, guys! I just installed Comodo 5.9, and it's so much more pleasant to look at. The theme is easier on the eye. I kind of hated the red theme, and this new one rocks. Comodo is starting to look professional. So much better that most antivirus softwares are starting to fall behind. Keep up the great work!

thank you eko_mn! really appreciate the kind words.

Offline liosant

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2011, 10:05:59 AM »
Global rules should be implemented in CIS 6 for an IP block rule, eg when blocking ip protocol tcp / udp is xx  port.
follows the image:
Comodo internet security 6 - installation and configuration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmbhbCzxThM
"When we are able to complain, we should be able to receive negative complaints or at least the sense to question how the conclusions were reached..."

Offline voltron

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2011, 02:28:50 PM »
Oh I thought you where trying to prevent an application from starting an other application (which has to be controlled by Defense+).

If you try to block an application from accessing the Internet via Browser X that won't work on Firewall rules.
What happens is the following, KMPlayer call's default browser, default browser X starts and then tries to access the Internet.
So you would have to create a rule specific for Browser X so it's can't access 'domain X' or IP Y etc, that's probably to complicated.

It's much easier to prevent KMPlayer from opening the browser in the first place.

Yeah. That too.

But it's a good thing you are there for the tips/ideas. I have some converters that launches their own applications (I have one app that launches Star Burn automatically when I have finished creating a dvd and at the same time launches the browser which connects to both sites. Some freeware games also do that --well I like the game but the behavior I'd like to block). You block one and it will not run at all.

Will be back here.

Offline voltron

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #157 on: January 01, 2012, 02:21:07 PM »

[at]Ronny,

D+ blocks for The KMPlayer applied and it's okay functioning well here. Likewise tried the firewall rule and it's also okay/functioning well. Thank you for the help and new ideas here. Will try it out with Wondershare tomorrow. :)

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #158 on: January 01, 2012, 03:18:55 PM »
[at]Ronny,

D+ blocks for The KMPlayer applied and it's okay functioning well here. Likewise tried the firewall rule and it's also okay/functioning well. Thank you for the help and new ideas here. Will try it out with Wondershare tomorrow. :)
Your welcome!
Volunteer Moderator

Offline BigMike

• Product Translator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2012, 11:58:41 AM »
As far as I know there were security fixes.
And from where did you get this information??

According to the first post in this thread, which also contains the changelog:
This is a minor maintanence release with a few new but exciting features

The changelog lists some new features, some improvements and some functionality fixes. Ok - maybe you can count the correct handling of the "Trusted Application" option as a security fix.

If there were critical fixes for any security features in CIS, I think, these should be mentioned in any case in this post!
Any news about an official statement??

Offline malware wildhogs

• COMODO Rocks
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2012, 03:08:39 AM »
Hi Comodo,

CIS virus database update loading bar is too classic ...
  Can be changed to new looking Graphical Loading bar... :)

Current version's  update loading bar is attached in this post.
 Please look after this.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:10:18 AM by malware wildhogs »
CIS v5.8 & CMS v1.0
Android v 2.3.4
mac os x

Offline r.thards

« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2012, 04:51:30 AM »
Every time any program starts CPU usage increases up to 100%, uTorrent speed falls to 0 kB/s (then back). Program's start needs more time.  :( Can you make CIS (Antivirus I guess) a bit faster? May be some caching or smth like this???

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2012, 06:15:46 AM »
Every time any program starts CPU usage increases up to 100%, uTorrent speed falls to 0 kB/s (then back). Program's start needs more time.  :( Can you make CIS (Antivirus I guess) a bit faster? May be some caching or smth like this???
Hi r.thards,

Welcome to the forums!
Could you please post your system specs and what is your AV security setting "On access" or "Stafeful"?

Do you have other security software installed no matter real-time/on-demand?
Did you have other security installed before installing CIS?
Volunteer Moderator

Offline r.thards

« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2012, 06:38:46 AM »
Hi r.thards,

Welcome to the forums!
Could you please post your system specs and what is your AV security setting "On access" or "Stafeful"?

Do you have other security software installed no matter real-time/on-demand?
Did you have other security installed before installing CIS?

AMD Athlon 64 3700+, GForce 450 GTS, 2Gb RAM, Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate.
AV Policy is Stateful. AV settings are default. I've installed CIS yesterday, used ESET Smart Security 5 trail before (uninstalled ESET from Control Panel). Windows Defender is disabled.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:42:03 AM by r.thards »

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2012, 05:48:49 PM »
Make sure all remnants of Eset are gone. Run their clean up tool to be sure all traces are gone.You can find it in this list: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146 .

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek