Author Topic: cmdagent taking up CPU, slows down everything  (Read 18411 times)

Online EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: cmdagent taking up CPU, slows down everything
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 07:00:25 AM »
MRCS. Please consider filing  a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!. That way your bug will be seen and has the best chances of getting fixed.

Offline MRCS

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 10:31:31 PM »
Point of clarification.  It says the following in CIS help:

"The Real time...checks files in real time when they are created, opened or copied."

Does this mean a file is scanned when a browser (Opera in my case) creates a file in its cache and, further, when you create a file by downloading it from your browser?

Online EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 06:57:54 AM »
Point of clarification.  It says the following in CIS help:

"The Real time...checks files in real time when they are created, opened or copied."

Does this mean a file is scanned when a browser (Opera in my case) creates a file in its cache and, further,
When Opera writes it to disk cache it will be caught. If you choose to Ignore you will see it getting caught when it is going to be written the destination folder. You can try this by downloading the eicar test virus from http://eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm .

when you create a file by downloading it from your browser?
I don't know what you mean here.

Offline MRCS

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 10:39:11 AM »
I don't know what you mean here.

In the first part I was referring to all the temp files created by a browser.  The second, I think you already answered.  What I meant was that when you download a file and click Save, you are presumably creating a new file, one that didn't exist on your disk before.

Actually since I wrote the question I tested it by downloading a random video which would be a long enough download to give me enough time to see if there was any cmdagent activity in Task Manager.  I didn't see any.  However, your test link told me all I needed to know.  Thanks a lot.  AV detected the file in both scenarios.

Offline brat-h

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 04:45:52 PM »
I had a problem with high and long CPU load in the last build of CIS (5.4.1355), while hadn't in the previous version.
I've tried to find out what "upgrade" was causing this and I guess I've found "mem.cav" guilty of this issue. At least the last version of CIS works fine(?) on my old hardware and Windows XP SP3 with the file from the previous version of CIS (5.3.43550.1226).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 04:50:30 PM by brat-h »

Offline Aikno

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 03:20:50 PM »
You can try this by downloading the eicar test virus from http://eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm .
Comodo doesn't seem to be detecting eicar test virus when you use Firefox.
I have started this thread [at] Help CIS forums.
https://forums.comodo.com/antivirus-help-cis/comodo-fails-to-detect-eicar-on-mozilla-firefox-t72696.0.html

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2011, 01:32:03 PM »
Comodo doesn't seem to be detecting eicar test virus when you use Firefox.
I have started this thread [at] Help CIS forums.
https://forums.comodo.com/antivirus-help-cis/comodo-fails-to-detect-eicar-on-mozilla-firefox-t72696.0.html

If you read the Eicar site, the only reason the .txt file is there is if your browser is having trouble downloading the .com file. Then you download the .txt file and rename it to .com.

Offline Aikno

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011, 05:23:07 PM »
If you read the Eicar site, the only reason the .txt file is there is if your browser is having trouble downloading the .com file. Then you download the .txt file and rename it to .com.
Even though... comodo detects eicar test virus if you open the .txt file using internet explorer... wondering why doesn't it detect with Firefox?

Offline MTKKTM

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2011, 04:16:41 PM »
The new update software shuts my computer down. I get a warning that my memory is critically low, close all programs, and turn off the computer.

The computer shuts down very quickly, even if I close all the open programs.

I tried installing this update 4 times, and same message with shut down. The whole system seems to go wacky?

The computer runs fine as long as CIS isn't updating this big file?  Small updates are fine, as usual.

Can you break this big file up into smaller parts and update in smaller parts so that my computer won't shut down?  My computer is an AMD Athlon II  Windows 7 64    6 G Ram

Online EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2011, 04:46:35 PM »
What version of CIS are you using? Is this a clean installation or an upgrade? Can you confirm you used the x64 installer?

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek