Author Topic: CIS 6 Fever  (Read 188714 times)

Offline atomas31

• Comodo Loves me
Re: CIS 6 Fever
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2011, 02:22:46 PM »
can you quote what you referring to?

It was a PM...

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2011, 02:24:25 PM »
Hmm but where are my sandboxed files? E.g. if I sandbox firefox? I have experienced in the past that sandboxing java with comodo will break java in my browser :S

C:\VritualRoot

It's a hidden folder, so you'll need to show hidden files/folders to see it.

Offline wasgij6

• Volunteer Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2011, 02:24:57 PM »
It was a PM...

ok thanks. well maybe Melih will clear this up if not then i guess we will have to wait  for the release and see
| Win 8.1 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CFW 7.0.317799.4142 | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 16gb RAM | Samsung 840 Pro SSD |

Offline zakazak

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2011, 02:36:06 PM »
C:\VritualRoot

It's a hidden folder, so you'll need to show hidden files/folders to see it.

Alright thanks :) A little sandboxing tutorial would be nice.. e.g. I have no idea with which settings I should sandbox my pdf-reader,java,browser,messengers,etc so that they will be secure but still work without any problems.

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2011, 02:41:59 PM »
Alright thanks :) A little sandboxing tutorial would be nice.. e.g. I have no idea with which settings I should sandbox my pdf-reader,java,browser,messengers,etc so that they will be secure but still work without any problems.

I don't use it, so I don't have any configuration tips.

Offline dave1234

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2011, 05:53:13 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D So Cis  is going to get a behavior blocker, My dreams are answered.. Thank you Melih and his band of developers..another level of security to keep the malware writers at bay..then full virtualization and valkerie, and who knows what else to come.

Regards
Dave1234.

Offline spainach_12

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2011, 07:01:17 AM »

Then to enter a page have I to inspect manually with Site Inspector? It is something very tedious, in addition I don't believe that makes CIS too bloated.
There are other very light products that Webshield has, for example Avast.
A shame is that having the best Firewall and Hips, Comodo do not pay attention to these small details.

No. I think an extension/add-on/plug-in would more than suffice. Downloadable and not incorporated in the CIS. I've had some troubles with installing CIS. At times unnoticeable. At times it takes down the net. I believe that keeping it as simple as possible, and keeping all other things optional and separate would eliminate any hassle that can happen due to the failure of one component. However, as separate entities, improvement becomes faster (primarily because problems with it are easily identified, as opposed to being in the CIS in which case, corruption of one module may corrupt the whole installation which means fixing it may be a little too difficult for the average user). Plus, removal of it does not mean another restart in case the user decides he/she has no need of it or does not want it at all.

Bitdefender's QuickScan did it this way, or am I mistaken? And it was incorporated on the popular Click n' Clean. Dr. Web Link Checker and VT link scanner has also trodden the same path, and is it not more convenient? Simplicity. Not that it would make it too bloated (I was referring to the CCE at this point. I have this habit of typing everything that comes to mind without minding grammar). Keeping things as simple and as basic as possible while giving out the maximum performance output is the best possible product you can achieve. A travelling man that carries too much, though he says he can never be too prepared, is often hampered in his journey by the weight of his own paranoia.
If you want to change the system, you need to learn how to break it.

Windows 7 Starter dualboot BodhiLinux | BitDefender AV Free| Windows Firewall | NTFS File Permissions | Commandline | Spider Senses

Offline spainach_12

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2011, 07:03:21 AM »
You know I wholeheartedly agree with you! That is exactly what I have been saying all along, but a lot of people want CCE included in CIS :(

And hopefully, comodo doesn't go down this path.  ;D
If you want to change the system, you need to learn how to break it.

Windows 7 Starter dualboot BodhiLinux | BitDefender AV Free| Windows Firewall | NTFS File Permissions | Commandline | Spider Senses

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2011, 08:00:36 AM »
;D ;D ;D So Cis  is going to get a behavior blocker, My dreams are answered.. Thank you Melih and his band of developers..another level of security to keep the malware writers at bay..then full virtualization and valkerie, and who knows what else to come.

Regards
Dave1234.

Indeed....all that is coming....:) We take your security seriously!

Offline Mops21

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2011, 08:15:56 AM »
Any Infos about cis 6 beta, rc and the Final Version Release date
Windows Vista Home Premium (32 Bit)

Offline pykko

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Intr-o lume plina de virusi, ai un prieten
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2011, 10:05:45 AM »
Indeed....all that is coming....:) We take your security seriously!
Awesome. It will be the best security app ever.

Offline NSG001

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2011, 10:06:41 AM »
 :Marry: C'mon Fanny bring on the Beta!!!

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
  • ZIG ZAG
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2011, 10:54:52 AM »
:Marry: C'mon Fanny bring on the Beta!!!
You mean egemen?
Fanny is in charge of Valkyrie department.... ;)

Offline NSG001

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2011, 11:14:36 AM »
You mean egemen?
Fanny is in charge of Valkyrie department.... ;)

C'mon Egemen bring out that beta  :a0

Offline OmeletGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Dragon Theme Maker
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
I just cant wait for the new UI in 6.0

Melih is asking for pictures of the summary screen too much? or do we have to wait.  ;D
Comodo Dragon themes, including windows Aero options. Download  Here

System Details: W7-64bit | 4GB DDR2 | Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 | CIS 6.3 | Geforce 560 GTX

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek