Author Topic: CIS 6 Fever  (Read 189429 times)

Offline BTJustice

• Comodo Loves me
Re: CIS 6 Fever
« Reply #615 on: May 11, 2012, 02:35:19 PM »
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:38:25 PM by BTJustice »

Offline Maniak2000

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #616 on: May 11, 2012, 05:43:12 PM »
So this virtual kiosk is a virtualized enviroment....  that cleans itself on restart?  If so, isn't it exactly like CIS manual sandbox, maybe just enchanced (complete virtualization)?  I mean isn't right-click menu item "run in sandbox" will do the same, kinda like sandboxie?

Or maybe it's kinda like a giant sandbox "entry point"  if you will?  Like right now, when CIS detects unsigned installer there is an option to launch it in sandbox, so after it installed in a sandbox  you can launch this kiosk thing and the installed program will be there, along with other programs you chose to run in sandbox manually.  So you can start those programs there "safely" to check them out, "uninstall"  or remove them from the sandbox (without deleting entire sandbox)  and maybe even "transfer" them to the real system after you conclude that program is safe.   That would be great idea  I think.   Add some external controls, like  wipe the sandbox, remove specific programs from sandbox  without starting actual kiosk, place those controls on Defence+ tab, or maybe brand new Virtual kiosk tab  in CIS6,  and I think that will be pretty sweet system.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:57:22 PM by Maniak2000 »

Offline JakeGreen

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #617 on: May 15, 2012, 06:38:00 AM »
So this virtual kiosk is a virtualized enviroment....  that cleans itself on restart?  If so, isn't it exactly like CIS manual sandbox, maybe just enchanced (complete virtualization)?  I mean isn't right-click menu item "run in sandbox" will do the same, kinda like sandboxie?

Or maybe it's kinda like a giant sandbox "entry point"  if you will?  Like right now, when CIS detects unsigned installer there is an option to launch it in sandbox, so after it installed in a sandbox  you can launch this kiosk thing and the installed program will be there, along with other programs you chose to run in sandbox manually.  So you can start those programs there "safely" to check them out, "uninstall"  or remove them from the sandbox (without deleting entire sandbox)  and maybe even "transfer" them to the real system after you conclude that program is safe.   That would be great idea  I think.   Add some external controls, like  wipe the sandbox, remove specific programs from sandbox  without starting actual kiosk, place those controls on Defence+ tab, or maybe brand new Virtual kiosk tab  in CIS6,  and I think that will be pretty sweet system.

+1  :-TU

Offline Mops21

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #618 on: May 24, 2012, 10:49:01 AM »
Hi

Any New News about CIS 6
Windows Vista Home Premium (32 Bit)

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
  • ZIG ZAG
« Reply #619 on: May 24, 2012, 11:05:20 AM »
Wait for August....

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #620 on: May 24, 2012, 11:33:51 AM »
of what year?

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
  • ZIG ZAG
« Reply #621 on: May 24, 2012, 12:13:58 PM »

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #622 on: May 24, 2012, 12:22:58 PM »

Offline naren

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #623 on: May 24, 2012, 01:53:23 PM »
My fever died when CIS6 was not released around end of April as expected after a long time.

So as the starter of this thread I would like to request the Mods to plzz close this thread, as I am upset, angry, mad,  irritated, frustrated, etc as CIS6 was not released on time according to me.

Whoever starts a new thread, I will be very happy to post my opinion & everything, etc.

And dont take me wrong frds plzz.

And hope the threads will be closed on my request as I am the starter of the thread & have the right to request so.

Offline naren

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #624 on: May 24, 2012, 02:31:21 PM »
As the topic starter you can lock your own topic.

Bottom under post should be a lock/unlock key.

Thanxx for the info.

I thought only Mods have the right to do so.

And again, plzz dont take me wrong frds, just a decision as I am upset Comodo didn't released CIS6 around end of April as expected after a long time.

I am closing the thread now.

I know many of you will not agree but just my reasons & decision.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 02:43:16 PM by naren »

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek