This topic is meant to show everything about applying skins / themes to Comodo Internet Security (applies to version 3.x and 4.x). More will be added to this thread as we receive submissions from forum members.How to find and change themes
1. Google search for "msstyles
". There are numerous sites that contain various Windows XP (maybe Vista and later, but I'm not sure) themes, often in compressed packages.
2. If they come as a .zip, .rar, or other compressed file, use a decompressor utility (e.g. 7-zip
3. You only need to extract files with the extension .msstyles
4. Drag those files into your CIS Themes
directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\COMODO\Comodo Internet Security\Themes)
5. Rename the extension from .msstyles to .theme
(e.g. Aero.msstyles --> Aero.theme)
6. Restart CIS (e.g. right-click the CIS system tray icon > click Exit > double click the CIS desktop icon)
7. Open up the CIS interface and navigate to > More (Miscellaneous in CIS 3.x) > Settings > Themes. From there, select your desired theme in the drop-down options.
-You must restart CIS each time when changing themes.
-A single .msstyle file may contain more than one variation of its theme, usually in different sizes and colours
-You can also create your own themes, but will likely require a third party application and is beyond the scope of my guide. If you're feeling artistic, feel free to post some tips of your own.
Royale:VistaCG:StolenBlk:Mission Aurora:Aero Vista:Comodo Internet Security 4 Blue:Comodo Internet Security 4 Black:Signs:
- for screen shooting those picsburebista
- for uploading a zip of collected old themes in this forummindlessmissy
- for modifying the official CIS v4 red theme to blue & black
Original Authors - for creating those msstyle files over the internet (sorry, don't know who each are)