We are happy to announce that COMODO Disk Encryption 2.0.138413.24 BETA has been released.
COMODO Disk Encryption protects your sensitive information by enabling you to encrypt any physical disk on your system using several encryption algorithms and cipher modes.
COMODO Disk Encryption offers three varieties of data protection depending on the amount of sensitive data:Whole Disk Encryption
- You can encrypt any physical disk that contains information to be secured using different encryption algorithms even if that physical disk contains an Operating system installed. You just need to initiate the encryption process with appropriate encryption settings and the encryption process will continue in background.
- COMODO Disk Encryption loader does not depend on your hardware configuration or the Operating System loader.
- COMODO Disk Encryption loader does not depend on your system configuration, you may have multiple Operating Systems installed on several physical disks.
- The authentication is performed at boot time to allow encrypted operating systems to boot. The authentication can be carried out using different authentication types with various levels of security:
* Password Authentication – Set a password of your choice as authentication type to encrypt the required physical disks. The password must be entered whenever the system is started to enable assessing the encrypted disks.
* USB Key Authentication - Configure USB memory as authentication type to encrypt required physical disks. This key must be plugged-in in the system whenever the system is started to enable assessing the encrypted disks.
* Authentication with both Password and USB Key – It's a combination of both password and USB keys for authentication. This is a highly secure practice that meets the classic two factor authentication criteria of 'something you own' plus 'something you know'.Virtual Disk Encryption
- With virtual disk encryption functionality you will be able to create virtual encrypted disks to save your information securely. This functionality will use (create/open) an image file to emulate a physical disk.
- The main application lets you dynamically mount and un-mount virtual encrypted disks.
Image files can be used (created/opened) on the local machine or on a network shared folder.
- The encrypted virtual disks are accessible from Windows explorer or from any other third-party software.
- Virtual disks use sparse files as disk images if the underlying file system supports it.File/Folder Encryption (ZIP Encryption)
- With File/Folder encryption you are able to create encrypted archives (ZIP). These archives store sensitive files and/or folders in a single encrypted compressed file.
- The main application lets you manage (create, extract) these encrypted archives.The Encryption Engine
The encryption engine is a multi-thread encryption engine which supports the following encryption algorithms:
and the following cipher modes:
- Cipher-block chaining (CBC);
- Cipher feedback (CFB);
- Output feedback (OFB);
What's the best about it is that all encryption/decryption processes are performed:
- On-the-fly (OTF)
- without disturbing you during your work.
- Fault tolerant:
* You may turn-off your computer during the encryption process and continue it after restart.
* Even if a power failure or a system crash occurs during the encryption process, you will be able to resume that encryption process, to avoid data loss.
Size: 4.71 MB (4,942,792 bytes)