Author Topic: Upgrade of Html5 in Dragon  (Read 5638 times)

Offline UncleDoug

• Comodo's Hero
Upgrade of Html5 in Dragon
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:11:38 AM »
Just curious to know if Html drive will be improved in future versions of Comddo Dragon? 

Just installed Comodo Dragon and when checking running the Html5 test I scored only 150 and a few bonus points while the Maximum score was over 300 and bonus points.

Not sure what scored those high points or what needs to be installed to enhance Html5 closer to that score?

I am not a gamer but enjoy video and music via the web.
For those that like simple games here is an Html5 game to try.

http://www.komando.com/coolsites/index.aspx?id=9305

Thanks for any info
UncleDoug

Offline Sal Amander

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Upgrade of Html5 in Dragon
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 01:24:28 PM »
Just curious to know if Html drive will be improved in future versions of Comddo Dragon? 
Yes, don't forget that the current version of Dragon is based on the 4.x series of Chromium, which is nearly 3 versions old at this time.
Just installed Comodo Dragon and when checking running the Html5 test I scored only 150 and a few bonus points while the Maximum score was over 300 and bonus points.
The average Joe, will not care what their score is so long as their Internet still works.
Not sure what scored those high points or what needs to be installed to enhance Html5 closer to that score?
Nothing needs to be installed, the core version of Dragon's rendering engine needs to be updated. Thus a new version of Dragon needs to be released.
I am not a gamer but enjoy video and music via the web.
Of which, the score you receive is decent and should not impact your activities unless the site your going to is pure HTML5. Also, please note that HTML5 is presently in a draft phase, which means there isn't quite a standard for it as it is ever changing.

Offline DaaLaa

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 02:43:06 AM »
Yes, don't forget that the current version of Dragon is based on the 4.x series of Chromium, which is nearly 3 versions old at this time. The average Joe, will not care what their score is so long as their Internet still works.Nothing needs to be installed, the core version of Dragon's rendering engine needs to be updated. Thus a new version of Dragon needs to be released.Of which, the score you receive is decent and should not impact your activities unless the site your going to is pure HTML5. Also, please note that HTML5 is presently in a draft phase, which means there isn't quite a standard for it as it is ever changing.

I'm not trying to side track the post, but I get the feeling by you saying the average Joe, like security shouldn't be a concern.

Yeah really who cares about HTML5 when security should be more of a concern and the beta team should be testing out 7x not 6x right now...

Offline Sal Amander

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 11:05:34 AM »
I'm not trying to side track the post, but I get the feeling by you saying the average Joe, like security shouldn't be a concern.

What I said was that the average Joe won't care what his HTML5 and ACID3 test scores are nor will they care for benchmark figures. They simply just want their Internet to work, nothing more. Do you know any average joe that truly cares about this data? Do you know any average joe who knows what a browser exploit is?

I am all for security by design and patching things when they come about, but it is hard to do so when a new major version is released every six weeks. Could YOU keep up? I know I couldn't.

Yeah really who cares about HTML5 when security should be more of a concern and the beta team should be testing out 7x not 6x right now...

Considering the Chromium Project is unstable, whereby a new MAJOR version is released every 6 weeks. It is hard to keep up. Until they stabilize, I fear we will always be behind. If we were truly doing beta, then we would be beta testing the 8 or 9x version, of which I use the 9x series at home and it is quite "stable".

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek