Author Topic: New Ideas for Comodo Dragon  (Read 215318 times)

Offline Ozzy666

• Comodo Member
Re: New Ideas for Comodo Dragon
« Reply #360 on: February 05, 2012, 09:22:20 AM »
well ya if  you want all of  that butt i hate microsoft silver light

Offline megamanx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #361 on: February 05, 2012, 09:43:19 AM »
well ya if  you want all of  that butt i hate microsoft silver light
Why not suggest more things that are also useful?

Some sites require Silverlight, some require Quicktime, some require Real Player, some require this/that, and those are important in their own way, but no, Chrome only has Flash and a PDF viewer in their browser, so only add those 2.

You can get Foxit Reader, Sumatra PDF, and others(even the original Adoble Reader).
There has been reports that the Flash built in Chrome is problematic, so they disable implemented version and use the plug-in version, Flash can be a pain to tame.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:57:56 AM by megamanx »

Offline Co-Mo-Do

• Comodo's Hero
  • Co-Mo-Do BOts Clean
« Reply #362 on: February 06, 2012, 06:06:25 AM »
Flash Player is the most common, you can visit Youtube without Silverlight, Java etc.

Also imagine the amount of updates Comodo would have to release for these, just to keep the user secure.

There are (AFAIK) Flash Player 64 and Java 64. Chrome has a built in PDF Viewer, and can be used as one offline. No need for a third-party one, unless you need more features.

;)
Optimus Maximus Securitus, all aboard the Comodobus

Offline megamanx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #363 on: February 06, 2012, 12:50:28 PM »
Flash Player is the most common, you can visit Youtube without Silverlight, Java etc.

Also imagine the amount of updates Comodo would have to release for these, just to keep the user secure.

There are (AFAIK) Flash Player 64 and Java 64. Chrome has a built in PDF Viewer, and can be used as one offline. No need for a third-party one, unless you need more features.

;)

All I keep reading is "Built-in Chrome, built-in Chrome, BUILT-IN CHROME!"
Why not just use Chrome? Also, why just features in Chrome?

I request that if people are starting this stuff only because it is in Chrome, that we also imply the tracking features in Chrome. Then again, Dragon will not be any different, will it?

Not everyone is going into YouTube, I do go to YT continuously, some go to sites that require other plug-ins. Your daily habits, nor mine, should not be labeled as default for everyone.
Why not just use HTML5's version? It is available for many videos, you might not even stumble into one that only requires Flash.

More updates = More work and stress. We should not give the Devs. a break?

Offline Co-Mo-Do

• Comodo's Hero
  • Co-Mo-Do BOts Clean
« Reply #364 on: February 13, 2012, 11:05:28 AM »
All I keep reading is "Built-in Chrome, built-in Chrome, BUILT-IN CHROME!"
Why not just use Chrome? Also, why just features in Chrome?

More updates = More work and stress. We should not give the Devs. a break?

1. Because Chrome can handled more web content, than say IE and Firefox.

2. I do use Chrome as default. I avoid Comodo software as it is over-hyped by their users. So I don't know why you're questioning me about this..

3. Exactly my point. Why include 3rd party plugins?!

Offline megamanx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #365 on: February 13, 2012, 11:20:23 AM »
1. Because Chrome can handled more web content, than say IE and Firefox.

2. I do use Chrome as default. I avoid Comodo software as it is over-hyped by their users. So I don't know why you're questioning me about this..

3. Exactly my point. Why include 3rd party plugins?!
1. That varies by user, Chromium has bugs that I do not see in Firefox or IE, but vice-versa on some occasions.
2. Then keep using Chrome. I am questioning because you want it to be Chrome. You cannot use outside sources just because Chrome has them built-in, Dragon has to have them built-in. Did you do know that separate programs can be much better than suites with bundled items?
If you want the PDF viewer in Dragon, just copy it from Chrome's folder into Dragon's folder and it works.
3. HTML5 is built-in, so we can steer from Flash any time.

Request that you guys implement something else, to stay different from Chrome, like: Silverlight, Java, Real Player's plugin, Quicktime plugin, etc.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:59:38 PM by megamanx »

Offline virtue16

« Reply #366 on: February 13, 2012, 12:24:34 PM »
Add to Most Visited page pin button. I don't use Speed Dial extensions. :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:23:10 PM by virtue16 »

Offline Co-Mo-Do

• Comodo's Hero
  • Co-Mo-Do BOts Clean
« Reply #367 on: February 14, 2012, 01:23:02 PM »
1. That varies by user, Chromium has bugs that I do not see in Firefox or IE, but vice-versa on some occasions.
2. Then keep using Chrome. I am questioning because you want it to be Chrome. You cannot use outside sources just because Chrome has them built-in, Dragon has to have them built-in. Did you do know that separate programs can be much better than suites with bundled items?
If you want the PDF viewer in Dragon, just copy it from Chrome's folder into Dragon's folder and it works.
3. HTML5 is built-in, so we can steer from Flash any time.

Request that you guys implement something else, to stay different from Chrome, like: Silverlight, Java, Real Player's plugin, Quicktime plugin, etc.

No. I didn't want or request anything for to be added to Dragon, it was the guy who posted above me; Ozzy666.

Dragon is a browser based around better privacy than Chrome.

You might want to get some reading glasses. Thank you and bye.

Offline megamanx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #368 on: February 14, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »
No. I didn't want or request anything for to be added to Dragon, it was the guy who posted above me; Ozzy666.

Dragon is a browser based around better privacy than Chrome.
I am aware that it was Ozzy to begin with.

The idea is that you have a great argument, I was even going to call it quits.
We can benefit with easier technologies into Dragon, but we have to think about other factors/benefits.
I was never against having Flash and the PDF built-in, I was against that he was only suggesting those 2 and leaving others out. (Chrome does this, so we have to do/have this.)

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #369 on: February 15, 2012, 04:45:34 PM »
why don't we just jump to what we really want which is for plugins to update automatically without it being built in. why can't dragon just check the version of the plugin being used against the vendors newest stable version available and then if it finds a new version available then it downloads in the background directly and then installs in the background. also allow it to be configured per plugin on if it will auto update or just prompt the user to update. comodo could use mozilla plugin check to help with this somehow for the most common plugins. or comodo could build their own plugin check site that would be reliable for both common and uncommon plugins that dragon could communicate with. and have it blacklist malicious and unwanted plugins so dragon can check the list before it allows plugins to be installed. have it to where the user can have it block those automatically or be prompted to make a decision to allow it to be installed. also make it possible to get the plugins and or extension you want and then put a default deny to any new plugins and or extensions to be installed for both good or bad plugins and or extensions but still allows updates to existing plugins and extensions in the browser and let the user choose whether or not they want to have a password for the lock on installing plugins and extensions. this would make it easy for someone to configure a browser for novice users such as my parents to keep malicious and bloated plugins and extensions out of the browser while still keeping their plugins up to date without a bunch of plugins being built in. I know it's a tall order but if comodo could do it then it would force other browsers to step up. chromium already auto updates extensions now comodo could extend that for plugins. all that may be hard to implement but it's not by any means impossible and that's the point. it's up to comodo. even if they don't implement it, they're still ahead of so many other companies out there as far as I can tell

Offline Jon79

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #370 on: February 23, 2012, 02:03:13 PM »
Hi,
I have just updated CD to version 17.4 and I'm very happy with it, as usual  :-TU
Just a small request.
Every time CD updates, it creates both a desktop shortcut and an entry in the start menu and I usually delete both cz I only have a icon in the tray bar to start CD.
So, is it possible to make an option to select if you want or you don't want CD to create these two features?
Thanks

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #371 on: February 23, 2012, 02:17:52 PM »
Hi,
I have just updated CD to version 17.4 and I'm very happy with it, as usual  :-TU
Just a small request.
Every time CD updates, it creates both a desktop shortcut and an entry in the start menu and I usually delete both cz I only have a icon in the tray bar to start CD.
So, is it possible to make an option to select if you want or you don't want CD to create these two features?
Thanks
+1 :-TU
It keeps most or all other user settings, so I think this request is a good idea to be added into user settings.
A good read guaranteed.
Forum Policy - Updated on January 3, 2013
PrivDog: The Dog that not only barks at uninvited guests, but rather destroys the intruder.

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #372 on: February 23, 2012, 02:43:46 PM »
Hi,
Just a small request.
Thanks
I think dragon has been like that since the first version. I think they're fine tuning all the important stuff first but I wish they would add what you asked.

Offline AdamW

• Comodo Member
« Reply #373 on: February 24, 2012, 02:26:26 PM »
That would be useful option, now I have to delete the desktop shortcut every time Dragon updates.

Offline megamanx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #374 on: February 24, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
That would be useful option, now I have to delete the desktop shortcut every time Dragon updates.
This suggestion has my vote as well.
If we happen delete the icon from the desktop, an upgrade brings the icon right back, it is very annoying.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek