Author Topic: New Ideas for Comodo Dragon  (Read 215197 times)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Re: New Ideas for Comodo Dragon
« Reply #345 on: January 05, 2012, 01:31:45 PM »
just wondering why you're asking him when he wants this

cos we are almost done with the coding for what he wants ;)

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #346 on: January 05, 2012, 01:32:36 PM »
I know what you meant, I just wanted to add my 2 cents and re-arrange it a bit towards my 2 cents. Either way, I still believe that it should have been an option to begin with, or it's just another reason to use Chrome because that's a standard there.
oh ok. I thought I was the only one who caught melih's question. I get what your saying. I agree it should have been an option. maybe they had a reason for not doing it before but i don't know.

Offline megamanx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #347 on: January 05, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
I recently learned from an artical by chiron about starting page, ixquick and scroogle which allow you to get Google results without Google tracking you. some people like the instant search of Google and don't care about tracking.
People have the freedom of choice, something we can't compete with.

Yes, I am familiar with those search engines, you are missing DuckDuckGo, though.

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #348 on: January 05, 2012, 01:37:32 PM »
ah I see. will it be free to use comodo to sync dragon's profile or will you have to pay. also off topic but any word on DACS?

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #349 on: January 05, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »
People have the freedom of choice, something we can't compete with.

Yes, I am familiar with those search engines, you are missing DuckDuckGo, though.
I forgot all about them. I used to use the adding for FireFox on my moms computer. now she uses dragon. I can't remember if it has any features besides filtering malicious results. does it use Google or ask

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #350 on: January 05, 2012, 01:57:42 PM »
ah I see. will it be free to use comodo to sync dragon's profile or will you have to pay. also off topic but any word on DACS?

upto few gig free..

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #351 on: January 05, 2012, 02:03:35 PM »
awesome, that's perfect for backing up dragon.

Offline casachit

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #352 on: January 05, 2012, 08:28:50 PM »

okay that was the reason why you are asking why I want this??... for the answer to ur question, i want this since i used COS...  ;) I love COS, CPM and CIS... and awesome CTM...and CD too...  ;D

thanks melih...for adding COS into dragon... :rocks:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:31:14 PM by casachit »

Offline Rob71355

« Reply #353 on: January 08, 2012, 05:25:56 PM »
Load-on-demand Extensions & Apps

Something I have noticed about both CD and Chrome is that there seems to be a lot of memory tied up for extensions that are not being used.  This seems counterproductive and it definitely slows the browser down. 

Some extensions like Ad Block, Weather extensions, Website Blocker, etc., need to be loaded all the time to do their jobs. 

However, there are a lot of extensions and most of the applications that appear on a blank new tab that are just wasting memory by being loaded when they are inactive.  All of the apps that are for games or things like the Chrome Web Store, Image downloaders, searchers or editors, and quite a few others have no need to have anything but their icons, with a link to the actual extension, loaded in memory except when you want to use them!  As any experienced programmer knows, doing this is known as implementing a load-on-demand system.  An icon and a link tie up a trivial amount of memory compared to the average 7.5 MB that is consumed by extensions, addons or apps that are not doing anything significant.  If icons were restricted to less than 250 KB or so and the code for the link was restricted to under 500 KB, then the two would require less than 1 MB, at most, and that seems overly generous.  In my case, doing things this way would immediately recover about 105 MB of memory that would be available for other programs to use.  I know of several other extensions that I would like to have, but I refuse to add them because of the memory cost from just having them.

Please take a look at this and consider implementing it.  Anything that streamlines a browser and saves memory for other programs to use is a good thing in the long run.

Offline megamanx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #354 on: January 08, 2012, 06:06:40 PM »
Load-on-demand Extensions & Apps

Something remotely similar, if not actual, is an experimental feature that they are working on called "Lazy Background Pages." You can find this feature and try it out under the dragon://flags URL.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 06:12:41 PM by megamanx »

Offline Co-Mo-Do

• Comodo's Hero
  • Co-Mo-Do BOts Clean
« Reply #355 on: January 10, 2012, 01:56:35 PM »
what do you mean recommend a website to visit?

Like that similar software you used to have, I think it was called HopSurf or something like that. ???
Optimus Maximus Securitus, all aboard the Comodobus

Offline w33d3r

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #356 on: January 10, 2012, 04:43:47 PM »
COS ???,
Comodo Online Storage = Syncing = Cloud ?

I do hope that will be off by default ?.

Offline samjaza

• Comodo Member
« Reply #357 on: January 13, 2012, 04:18:17 AM »
Would it be possible to compile a x64 version? I think Chromium can be compiled to it though it isn't for windows.

Offline Ozzy666

• Comodo Member
« Reply #358 on: February 04, 2012, 10:29:35 PM »
i would love to have a true 64 bit version of comdo dragon butt ,, they would have  to wait till google releases a true 64 bit version of chrome ,, Butt i would love  to see built in flashplayer  and pdf viewer

Offline megamanx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #359 on: February 04, 2012, 11:29:37 PM »
i would love to have a true 64 bit version of comdo dragon butt ,, they would have  to wait till google releases a true 64 bit version of chrome ,, Butt i would love  to see built in flashplayer  and pdf viewer
Now, this is funny.

Chrome has those implied, so you only request those?
Why not add the wmp plugin, java plugin, shockwave plugin, Silverlight plugin, and everything else to the list?

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek