Author Topic: Comodo Dragon ver 18.3 is now available for download  (Read 24604 times)

Offline Calidude

Re: Comodo Dragon ver 18.3 is now available for download
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 12:00:56 AM »
Why make the user forbidden to change the theme? For marketing purposes?

Also I don't like that Dragon is resetting the automatic update service even if I've turned it off. It should honor my choice to keep it off.

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
  • ZIG ZAG
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2012, 01:21:37 AM »
i like the default theme but user should be able to change theme if they desire
+1

Offline MarkXS

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2012, 02:29:05 AM »
Sloppy release implying sloppy software engineering practices, of the level zero "chaotic" non-replicable manner. . Auto-destroying install  ;D in my case.

Theme change forbidden even though the Boss wants it left in - does Dragon not have a Product Manager or a Program Manager? Some middle-manager functionary can just say "lock in the them for branding awareness" without clearing it? It creates a negative brand awareness.

I've been recommending Dragon over Chrome and certainly over sketchy overhyped Iron, all over the web. Not any more. You blew a huge chunk of web cred today.

Offline MarkXS

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2012, 02:31:57 AM »
Quote from: EricJH
At MarkXS. Usually when uninstalling the profile information does not get deleted. Try installing Dragon and it will pick up the profile information. This is only true if you did not do an installation for a portable version because then you would have had the profile information in the installation folder.

Yes a reinstall picked it all back up, and for that matter Google Sync would have recovered most everything for me. But it's not my default browser anymore thanks to today's debacle...

Fixed quote.Eric
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:51:52 AM by EricJH »

Offline Dunstan

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2012, 08:11:53 AM »
Dear EricJH - signature check window from my files looks slight another, than yours - please take a look at the attachment.

Offline D Bone

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »
1 step forward, 7 steps back Comodo. Sometimes it's better not to change things, especially if those changes are just for the sake of saying "we made changes".................. Dear old friend firefox, I'm back!
Clean Install ~ Router NAT Firewall ~ Windows 7 Firewall ~ Bitdefender Antivirus Free ~ Chrome ~ Ghostery ~ Windows 7 System Image

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 10:59:12 AM »
Dear EricJH - signature check window from my files looks slight another, than yours - please take a look at the attachment.
The image I attached is an older one which I have used on other occasion to help clarify.

If it says the signature is ok and the hash code is the same as the one I provided you then you can be sure you had the original installer. And as Boris stated that the Dragon installer uses the windows\temp folder.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 11:03:22 AM »
Theme should be changed :)
i like the default theme but user should be able to change theme if they desire
Why make the user forbidden to change the theme? For marketing purposes?
Theme change forbidden even though the Boss wants it left in - does Dragon not have a Product Manager or a Program Manager? Some middle-manager functionary can just say "lock in the them for branding awareness" without clearing it? It creates a negative brand awareness.
1 step forward, 7 steps back Comodo. Sometimes it's better not to change things, especially if those changes are just for the sake of saying "we made changes".................. Dear old friend firefox, I'm back!
Read what Melih said:
i think the user should be allowed to change themes.
I am confident that means it will return.

Offline Dunstan

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2012, 11:15:29 AM »
Thanks for all.
The most differencies between our pictures is a fact, than last release was signed by a live man -  Dave Barton.
And the last thing is - how to check the SHA-1 hash ? I was looking to any combinations of digits and keys in the file information - and did not find anything looking like "99BE59C36DD055C66F3C95CCC3F4FBBFC5D83B1C" ; so then - which string into digital signature information I must check ?

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2012, 11:23:31 AM »
The picture I provided is older and was only for instruction. Dave Barton is a Comodo employee and the email address is at the Comodo domain. Only employees have an email address at the Comodo domain.

I use Hashtab to determine hash codes of files. With Hashtab you can also easily compare two hashcodes to see if files are the same or not.

Offline Boris 3

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »
I'm surprised how some people are upset by the casual impossibility to change themes. After all, it is just a cosmetic matter.
I don't believe that Comodo did that to annoy its users. There must be a good technical or security reason.
And as Melih himself said that the feature must be restored, all it takes is to be patient a short time.

Dragon is such a good and secure browser. It is a pity to consider leaving it for the temporary theme inconvenience.

Offline D Bone

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »
I'm surprised how some people are upset by the casual impossibility to change themes. After all, it is just a cosmetic matter.
I don't believe that Comodo did that to annoy its users. There must be a good technical or security reason.
And as Melih himself said that the feature must be restored, all it takes is to be patient a short time.

Dragon is such a good and secure browser. It is a pity to consider leaving it for the temporary theme inconvenience.

Well, we get to choose the color of the car we drive, and that is just a "cosmetic matter". What bothers me so much, is that someone that is in the development of Dragon actually thought that restricting individuality was actually a good idea, and then the people that have the final say before the update is pushed didn't have the foresight put a hold on it.......... That makes me wonder what else gets passed on to us end users of Comodo's products. 
Clean Install ~ Router NAT Firewall ~ Windows 7 Firewall ~ Bitdefender Antivirus Free ~ Chrome ~ Ghostery ~ Windows 7 System Image

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
  • ZIG ZAG
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2012, 02:23:02 PM »
In the future, they could make a poll here before changing important setting and check users' reactions.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:25:30 PM by Siketa »

Offline BoredNow

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2012, 02:56:34 PM »

++
For those who are afraid that their present 'custom' theme will no longer work -- it does - see snip below.
However, if you go to the Chrome web store and try to install a new theme, Dragon won't let you.

Also, I had Dragon set to 'not' auto update and it left that setting alone after I manually updated with the browser popup reminder.

HP pavilion media center 2006
Windows 7 64bit - Standard Acct.
EMET 3
CIS-5.10
Sandboxie 3.76

Offline Dunstan

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »
Dear EricJH - I just use that "HashTab"; here the results:
CRC32: AA99E488
MD5: 13D730347874666D4D464ADC1C4D3354
SHA-1: 99BE59C36DD055C66F3C95CCC3F4FBBFC5D83B1C

Looks like everything the "ok" in the file's digital signature.

Now I think about - how to tell  bout this incindent to people from "Avira" ? They provide an instrument for such tasks - http://analysis.avira.com/samples/ - but that temp file, wich created by the "Dragon" installation process, is too big to send with that "Avira's" tool.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 03:59:41 PM by Dunstan »

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek