Author Topic: Comodo Dragon ver 18.3 is now available for download  (Read 24888 times)

Offline lightstep

• Comodo Dragon Developer
  • Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
  • Comodo Dragon developer
Comodo Dragon ver 18.3 is now available for download
« on: May 04, 2012, 09:05:52 AM »
Comodo Dragon 18.3 is now available for download from the following link:
http://download.comodo.com/dragon/DragonSetup.exe

IMPROVED:
- Chromium core 18.0.1025.168.

CHANGES:
- Yellow blocking page is not shown for web sites with low-validation SSL certificates. But "https" part of address is still painted in yellow color.
- Changing of themes is forbidden.

FIXED:
- Fixed HSTS that was not working on web sites with low-validation SSL certificates.

Offline demoneye

• Comodo Loves me
Re: Comodo Dragon ver 18.3 is now available for download
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:32:29 AM »
first to reply   >:-D

great work comodo team !!!!!!  :-TU

Offline NSG001

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 09:40:49 AM »
As always running nicely  :-TU

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 09:47:07 AM »
CHANGES:
- Changing of themes is forbidden.

Can you please explain if this is a temporary measure and why this drastic choice was made?

The installer is still resetting the Automatic Updater service in Windows to 'Automatic'
Can this behavior be changed? I have set up Dragon to NOT automatically update dragon AND set the Windows service to 'Manual'.
Things that don't need to eat my systems CPU and memory should stay manual also after an 'upgrade' of the Dragon browser.
Can this change be made in the installer?

For the rest kick-ass browser  :-TU
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:53:18 AM by Ronny »
Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline brightness

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 10:30:20 AM »
Sadly I cat be updating my favorite browser right moew.

I would like a lighter-looking theme rather than the default dark theme. For the time being I would keep using the old version for a short time. If this issue is not fixed soon and the developers decide to go against the will of many users, I would switch to another browser... :'(

Offline samjaza

• Comodo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
Its unfortunate that they are doing this for brand awareness,
Theme changing was removed in order to ensure brand awareness.
so i don't think i will be updating at the moment, and probably give palemoon a chance if the don't revert it in the next few revisions.

Offline brightness

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 11:14:52 AM »
Its unfortunate that they are doing this for brand awareness, so i don't think i will be updating at the moment, and probably give palemoon a chance if the don't revert it in the next few revisions.

You might also like to try Jumpto browser.

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
  • ZIG ZAG
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 11:20:51 AM »
I have heard good things about Maxthon, which is also based on Chromium project.

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 11:23:59 AM »
Its unfortunate that they are doing this for brand awareness, so i don't think i will be updating at the moment, and probably give palemoon a chance if the don't revert it in the next few revisions.
Right, those that use a theme use Dragon for a reason, those that don't know Dragon will still not use it because they can's change a theme of a browser the don't have installed...
Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline brightness

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 11:54:46 AM »
If you dont allow installation of third-party themes, at least you should have a set of pre-installed themes that can be switched, just like CIS. That would be better than none at all.

Offline Dunstan

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 11:54:58 AM »
Looks like we have problems here - an "Avira" reported "TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen" trojan into installation distributive in process to install new version (C:\Windows\Temp\Dra4638.tmp). How about that feces ? Anyway - I don't need a "Most secure browser" in conjunctions with the trojans. How about to re-pack distributive (an "DragonSetup.exe" file) without such "horses"  ? I'm not Priam - and not need them.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:05:19 PM by Dunstan »

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 12:13:36 PM »
Looks like we have problems here - an "Avira" reported "TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen" trojan into installation distributive in process to install new version (C:\Windows\Temp\Dra4638.tmp). How about that feces ? Anyway - I don't need a "Most secure browser" in conjunctions with the trojans. How about to re-pack distributive (an "DragonSetup.exe" file) without such "horses"  ? I'm not Priam - and not need them.
Please report this false positive to Avira and please moderate your tone because you just showed up on the mods radar. Comodo has no intention to spread malware.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 12:17:37 PM »
Right, those that use a theme use Dragon for a reason, those that don't know Dragon will still not use it because they can's change a theme of a browser the don't have installed...
I would think it is not the biggest of crowds that modify the UI of their browsers, I am surely not one of them, and that the people changing the UI are already more aware of what browser they are using.

I don't see brand awareness and themes as mutually exclusive. The more aware users may also be more inclined to tell other people about Comodo Dragon.
Can you please explain if this is a temporary measure and why this drastic choice was made?

The installer is still resetting the Automatic Updater service in Windows to 'Automatic'
Can this behavior be changed? I have set up Dragon to NOT automatically update dragon AND set the Windows service to 'Manual'.
Things that don't need to eat my systems CPU and memory should stay manual also after an 'upgrade' of the Dragon browser.
Can this change be made in the installer?

For the rest kick-ass browser  :-TU
My thoughts exactly.

I would like to add to let  the installer to follow the existing DNS settings of the previous version of Dragon.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »
i think the user should be allowed to change themes.

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
  • ZIG ZAG
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 12:50:35 PM »
i think the user should be allowed to change themes.
Hehehehe....the boss has spoken....
I can already see the changelog for v19:
-theme changing reenabled
 ;D

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek