Author Topic: Comodo Dragon ver 17.0 is now available for download  (Read 12150 times)

Offline AdamW

• Comodo Member
Re: Comodo Dragon ver 17.0 is now available for download
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 02:55:36 PM »
After removing the "beta" file the "beta" from the About dialog is gone. Is the file the only difference or do I have to download the installer again to get the stable version?

Offline cicciolon082

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »
KNOWS ISSUES:
- "Start browser in incognito mode" setting is hidden.

Is there any way to start the browser in incognito mode automatically with ver 17.0? It is a basic feature to me...

Offline Gill Gates

• Comodo Family Member
    • Blogdetutoriales.wordpress.com
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 05:34:41 PM »
Hi, With my connection Dragon17 Comodo version has more "Ping" with version 16.2.
Before my "Ping" was 68 and now my "Ping" is 74.  :'(
Does anyone know why?
SECURITY: 360 TS, Comodo Firewall, Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, HerdProtec, Spywareblaster, Tiranium AntiVirus Cloud Scanner
INTERNET: Google Chrome, (Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, K9 Web Protection, Avira Browser Safety, Adblock Plus, VTchromizer, Secure Downloader)

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 06:30:16 PM »
isn't chromium 17 supposed to have panels enabled by default

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 07:30:16 PM »
Hi, With my connection Dragon17 Comodo version has more "Ping" with version 16.2.
Before my "Ping" was 68 and now my "Ping" is 74.  :'(
Does anyone know why?

Ping is not a static number. It will vary depending on how congested the internet is, distance from the server you're pinging, the route taken to the server, etc...

Your web browser will have no effect on your ping.

Offline w33d3r

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »
Glad to see an option to Disable Auto Updates in Options Basics ..

After the last two updates going loopy, I much prefer the notification pop-up - At least with that we can say no for a day and not have the computer go round in circles if it accidently grabs a beta update.

I hope that setting sticks though for the next update - Because of the new default setting of having the auto-updater switched on, I now need to make all users on our desktop who are Limited Accounts (Windows XP), into Admin accounts so that I can also change their options to not auto-update, and then revert the change from Admin accounts back to Limited User accounts.

If the setting is not sticky between new future versions I will have to do this every time.

I do appreciate the benefits of auto-updates with chrome derived browsers, however with recent history I am wary of it ...

And in the case of Limited User accounts on XP I presume it would just silently fail, or would it present those users with an elevation dialogue which would also fail ... or worse; continuously try to update after each fail because it cannot get admin access at each attempt ?

--------------

On a positive note: I love this new version, the speed/performance took a bit of a dive in the last version, this new v 17 has brought back the speed, particularly with my home page ....

https://eu.startpage.com/power-search.html

But also when opening many new tabs simultaneously (right click a bookmarks folder, and choose Open all Bookmarks).

I do that with every new version of Dragon, because Dragon still loses all bookmark Fav Icons after an update. But I find its also a good measure of how the newer version performs.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 07:35:53 PM by w33d3r »

Offline brightness

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 01:37:03 AM »
KNOWS ISSUES:
- There is no way to switch between multiple user profiles.
- "Comodo Dragon is unresponsive" message when launching a second instance of Dragon after install.

I have never had these issues ever since using CD ;)

Offline Nige_39

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 05:49:55 AM »
The thing I like about Comodo Dragon 17.0.3.0 is under Clear browsing data, which is located under the hood. Is that you can clear Website Storage. That Adobe Flash player stores.

So In other words it clears the websites that you have visited.  Banking sites etc. But you have to choose to delete or leave them. It’s down to user’s choice.

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 05:51:20 AM »
So are we still on a beta channel? Dragon states "based on chromium 17.0.963.38"

Monday, January 23, 2012 | 15:00
Labels: Stable updates
The Stable channel has been updated to 16.0.912.77 for Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome Frame

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 | 16:30
Labels: Beta updates
The Beta channel has been updated to 17.0.963.38 for all platforms other than Chrome OS.

Source:
http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2012/01/stable-channel-update_23.html
http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2012/01/beta-channel-release.html
Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline loveboy_lion

• Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Is Good Hope We Make it The BEST !
    • Facebook

Offline wonderlust76

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 12:02:05 PM »
I'm sorry, we made a mistake that caused stable Dragon to update to beta Dragon for some short period of time. Those, who updated Dragon during this period implicitly switched to using beta channel (that updates to the latest beta instead of the latest stable version).
To return back to stable.
Option 1:
1. Uninstall Dragon.
2. Download and install Dragon from this link http://download.comodo.com/dragon/DragonSetup.exe.
Option 2:
Delete file "beta" in Dragon folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Comodo\Dragon).

Did the second one.
Problem: now "beta" is gone, but actually is this version the final one?!? Tried to download updates, but I have this

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 12:16:58 PM by wonderlust76 »

Offline George-Silviu Blendea

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 06:38:39 AM »
Did the second one.
Problem: now "beta" is gone, but actually is this version the final one?!? Tried to download updates, but I have this

Hello,

Please check if the following value is present in the system registry:
HKLM\Software\ComodoGroup\Dragon\LastModifiedDate

If your operating system is 64bit the values is located at: HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\ComodoGroup\Dragon\LastModifiedDate

If the value is present you can remove it and that should allow the update to be performed normally.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek