Author Topic: Comodo Dragon ver 16.1 is now available for download  (Read 22064 times)

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
Re: Comodo Dragon ver 16.1 is now available for download
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 03:56:51 PM »
Hi KennyWally,

bug I noticed was the bookmarks remain plain with no markings, tho the ballon will let you know which is which, there is no recognizable icon

I tried unchecking then rechecking the bookmark option, but no change....still round-plain orbs as opposed to icons
hope you fix it soon
You could try deleting the Favicons file to reset it (With Dragon closed), Users\Username\AppData\Local\Comodo\Dragon\User Data\Default\Favicons

Note: New favicons should download as you re-visit your bookmarks.

also,
I was able to add shockwave, but not flash!!!!!
Note: Dragon uses flash plug-in and not ActiveX as Internet explorer does.
Download plug-in here and execute it with Dragon closed to install.
Hope that helps.
A good read guaranteed.
Forum Policy - Updated on January 3, 2013
PrivDog: The Dog that not only barks at uninvited guests, but rather destroys the intruder.

Offline demoneye

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 04:50:48 PM »
important question

google chrome 16.0.912.63 has been release and contain  MAJOR security  fixes which can be read in here.

http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/

my question is , does DRAGON 16.1 ALREADY contain this fixes  ???? since it was release some days BEFORE google chrome 16.......

Offline OmeletGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Dragon Theme Maker
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 05:10:21 PM »
important question

google chrome 16.0.912.63 has been release and contain  MAJOR security  fixes which can be read in here.

http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/

my question is , does DRAGON 16.1 ALREADY contain this fixes  ???? since it was release some days BEFORE google chrome 16.......

Yes it does its using the same build as stable Chrome 16.0.912.63.

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Comodo_Dragon/16.1.1.0 Chrome/16.0.912.63 Safari/535.7 "
Comodo Dragon themes, including windows Aero options. Download  Here

System Details: W7-64bit | 4GB DDR2 | Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 | CIS 6.3 | Geforce 560 GTX

Offline demoneye

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 05:20:54 PM »
Yes it does its using the same build as stable Chrome 16.0.912.63.

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Comodo_Dragon/16.1.1.0 Chrome/16.0.912.63 Safari/535.7 "

as far as i understand all security fixes in google chrome 16.0.912.63 , made by google only , and they also pay money for the holes finders  , so HOW come its already in dragon 16 which was release some days back BEFORE google chrome ? ??? what am i missing in here  ?  :(

Offline megamanx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 05:45:06 PM »
as far as i understand all security fixes in google chrome 16.0.912.63 , made by google only , and they also pay money for the holes finders  , so HOW come its already in dragon 16 which was release some days back BEFORE google chrome ? ??? what am i missing in here  ?  :(

In the matter of that being true, the Comodo Dev team would probably know about it. So, don't worry, they will work on it A.S.A.P. I mean, they even caught up with the version numbers. Also, it's not necessary to make a topic regarding this because it's just as irritating as those that keep mentioning a new version of Chrome is out.

Off-topic rant: I believe that users do this because they are paid by Google, or just Google fanboys at best, to start raising FUD. Just a thought. You are free to use Chrome to be up-to-date, if you are so worried. (If you are "just wondering," it simply means that they should be forced to imply everything A.S.A.P., you should be a DEV and see why it's not a walk in the park.)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:47:54 PM by megamanx »

Offline OmeletGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Dragon Theme Maker
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 05:51:50 PM »
as far as i understand all security fixes in google chrome 16.0.912.63 , made by google only , and they also pay money for the holes finders  , so HOW come its already in dragon 16 which was release some days back BEFORE google chrome ? ??? what am i missing in here  ?  :(

Your missing the fact that the code for 16.0.912.63 was already out when dragon 16.1.1.0 released.. Google just had not put it out to public yet. Probably going through Google QA before release..  :)
Comodo Dragon themes, including windows Aero options. Download  Here

System Details: W7-64bit | 4GB DDR2 | Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 | CIS 6.3 | Geforce 560 GTX

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »
Dragon 16.1

AND 9 BONUS POINTS
out of a total of 450 points

chrome stable has caught up with the core dragon is using

AND 13 BONUS POINTS
out of a total of 450

Offline KennyWally

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 09:23:23 PM »
Note: Dragon uses flash plug-in and not ActiveX as Internet explorer does.
Download plug-in here and execute it with Dragon closed to install.
Hope that helps.

ok, I got the favicons going after the post

and I'm waiting for flash plug to DL

thx for the help

kw

Mod edit: Fixed quote tags, Captainsticks.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:10:52 AM by captainsticks »

Offline demoneye

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 11:14:06 PM »
Off-topic rant: I believe that users do this because they are paid by Google, or just Google fanboys at best, to start raising FUD. Just a thought. You are free to use Chrome to be up-to-date, if you are so worried. (If you are "just wondering," it simply means that they should be forced to imply everything A.S.A.P., you should be a DEV and see why it's not a walk in the park.)

the most idiotic conclusion i hear for long time around this place.
damn man , i dont give a fXXX on google chrome , in matter of fact i hate them ( regarding the Chromium source code security fixes).
i already declared , i switch to use dragon OVER google chrome some time back ...so next time check your self before sound pathetic  ;D

OmeletGuy

i think now i understand how its going  , 10x alot for lighting my way  :)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:19:37 PM by demoneye »

Offline megamanx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 01:01:34 AM »
the most idiotic conclusion i hear for long time around this place.
damn man , i dont give a fXXX on google chrome , in matter of fact i hate them ( regarding the Chromium source code security fixes).
i already declared , i switch to use dragon OVER google chrome some time back ...so next time check your self before sound pathetic  ;D

It's not that, it's that you come asking about something that is not implemented into Dragon and it seems like they are behind, other than challenging OmeletGuy's explanation(hush-hush, just go along with it). Just wait for them to be fixed, don't bring that FUD around, users can get paranoid and begin to switch here and there because of that. Some security updates don't affect many users (I can be wrong on many levels on this one) but some can be critical. Either way, some whine that they want the latest A.S.A.P. or they don't feel secure and would rather see Dragon, or any other browser under an older (mini-versions to full Stable versions), as behind. This is regardless of your intentions (Just to discuss or rubbing it in).

I am anticipated of the new release of Dragon, so I just wait for Dragon's new version, regardless if Chrome is 1 - 200 times ahead, I am not exaggerating. They'll work on the browser, so it's nothing to forget.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 01:04:42 AM by megamanx »

Offline Calidude

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 02:21:51 AM »
I don't even know why people are discussing Chrome in this thread. Chrome is what we want to avoid. All Comodo is doing with Dragon is making sure its synced with the most stable version of CHROMIUM possible, usually the one that becomes Chrome, and add their own security features.

Stop fighting about Chrome.

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 04:13:18 AM »
ok, I got the favicons going after the post

and I'm waiting for flash plug to DL

thx for the help

kw
Glad to hear the favicons are working and all the best with the Flash plug-in.
A good read guaranteed.
Forum Policy - Updated on January 3, 2013
PrivDog: The Dog that not only barks at uninvited guests, but rather destroys the intruder.

Offline megamanx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 10:34:36 AM »
I don't even know why people are discussing Chrome in this thread. Chrome is what we want to avoid. All Comodo is doing with Dragon is making sure its synced with the most stable version of CHROMIUM possible, usually the one that becomes Chrome, and add their own security features.

Same sentiments. I find it rather an insult, that's why I went berserk.

If they release new stuff, don't point it out in public, it causes people to get paranoid (Not necessarily have to restate this again). Simply address the situation to the admin in private. Don't forget that they won't sit lightly and will address/imply the new updates eventually.

Offline imkhalid

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 01:36:06 AM »

:-TU :-TU :-TU

Offline brightness

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 09:20:13 AM »
So you hate Google but still use the Google's code to develop Dragon? :o You can develop you own code then. ;D :D

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek