Comodo Chromodo 42 is now available for download.

Hi All,

Comodo Chromodo 42.1.2.90 is now available for download from the following link:

https://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/chromodo-private-internet-browser.php

Thank you for your all feed-backs for COMODO Browsers. We really appreciate all of your contributions to provide you a great browser.

I would like to also inform you about our new product line for faster browser releases for both Chromodo and Dragon. COMODO Dragon Browser will be released very soon.

Please keep the feedback coming, positive and negative.

Enjoy,

Alp Eren,

excellent work guys!

Where’s the new version of Dragon?

Now the old question arises again.

Google Chrome 43 released.

When Chromodo 43 will be released?

What will be the time gap for latest releases now?

Congrats Alp :-TU :-TU

Hi yessnooo,
Patience, give the Devs a chance to settle in.
An old answer to an old question, when it is ready. :wink:

Kind regards.

Thanks to Comodo and the browser team. :-TU

Will you release the dragon this week or will we have to wait even longer?

Hi,

We plan to release Dragon first week of June.

I can see you decided to implement the same measures with respect to NPAPI related plugins as Google Chrome did. I presume that will be the case also in Dragon when it’s released in June? If so then it is a real shame because I liked your chromium-based browsers, but I will have to go back to Opera which provides a full functionality of these plugins.

Hi and welcome wordblender,
A temporary workaround is to type chrome://flags/#enable-npapi into the address bar and enter.
Select enable of the highlighted entry and relaunch the browser.

Note: The above workaround will most likely be removed from version 45 and above.

Kind regards.

So have they added the option in this release “clear on browser exit”?

No.

Hi captainsticks and many thanks for you response,

I knew about this workaround and have already used it but since you’ve confirmed that it will not work forever I may as well start getting used to Opera now rather than wait until version 45. Although if I could have some influence over Comodo’s decision not to remove this workaround it would be great :wink:

Regards

Hi wordblender,
I would expect Opera to follow suit in the future.
In the long run it will be up to the plugin Developers to keep up with more secure technology.

Kind regards.

captainsticks is right about Opera.

In the long run NPAPI support will be pulled from Chromium. Some time after that we will likely follow suit in all platforms. So while NPAPI support exists for now on Windows and Mac don't expect it to remain in the long term.
https://forums.opera.com/discussion/comment/15198179#Comment_15198179 “In the long run” means Chromium 45. See https://www.chromium.org/developers/npapi-deprecation

The time of NPAPI is over.

The same is based on Chromium 42.0.2311.135?

Hi Several-GHM,
Yes it is still based on Chromium 42.0.2311.135.

Kind regards.

I agree, I don’t use them and won’t miss them. But I think it’s always best to let the users decide what they would like to use. Just because Google thinks it rules the world doesn’t mean it does. :slight_smile:

At least give people the option to use them until there is something (NON-GOOGLE) better to use.

Thank you.

The error is still topical. Let me know when it will fixed.
P.s. What changes in version (compared to the Beta)?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks dev’s

The autoupdate worked fine. When i started the browser it was: Version 42.1.2.90.

Good work! Keep it up!