Chromodo Browser Feedback

Hello…

I just want to say Google Chrome was having trouble in Windows 10. The error read: “GOOGLE CHROME HAS STOP WORKING”–so I uninstalled it permanently and downloaded and installed the Chromodo browser and it worked. I like how Comodo integrated Google Chrome and Comodo Dragon and came up with Chromodo. If it uses chromium technology, why doesn’t it do the same thing Google Chrome did? (Error wise I mean) I use it as my default browser. Works very good on Windows 10. No problem thus far. I used to use Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer; but those two browsers keep freezing up and not responding to certain site. It was becoming annoying. Mozilla Firefox still works very well so please stay ahead of them by one step and you may be the BEST browser. Now Comodo Ice Dragon is not as good as Mozilla Firefox yet because it does not sync the bookmarks, extensions and settings like Mozilla Firefox does. That is why I have Mozilla Firefox on my computers and not Comodo Ice Dragon. Please work on this issue and you will beat Mozilla Firefox. But hey, thank you for making the Chromodo browser. It’s fast, fast, fast and you can sign into Google and get all of your synced stuff. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Are you running Comodo Internet Security? If Yes… then the prob is not Chrome but CIS… CIS is blocking it… its confirmed by Devs & a fix will be released on Monday. Till then you can exclude chrome.exe in HIPS settings - detect shellcode injection.

No, seriously.
Chrome 45 is still having issues with Windows 10, both x32 and x64 flavours. This is on the Win10 Feedback forum.

Yes I am running CISP. Is Comodo having issues with Micorsoft Edge and Internet Ecplorer 11 too? They both freeze up and a website will say not responding. Sounds like CISP needs an update for Windows 10. I like the Chromodo browser though. It is way faster that Google Chrome. There is no lag like Google Chrome does. I love that super fast launch. When I don’t get that , I look for another browser and I found it—CHROMODO!!!

Hi Guys,
I think some users are all to quick blaming Comodo for every issue that appears.
Yes there is a conflict occurring between Chrome and CIS, note this has only started occurring with Chrome 45.
Workaround in the first quote below:

Comodo Internet Security has been updated for Windows 10.
Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4674 (with Win10 Support) is released!!
I wouldn’t expect any issues with IE 11 or Edge to be related to the above issue and probably not related to Comodo at all.

Kind regards.

Hello…

I would never blame Comodo Internet Security Premium for the issue with Google Chrome. I had no idea that CISP was the cause of this issue of Google Chrome stopping. Someone from the forum informed us of this. I’d rather use the Chromodo browser anyway. As I have said many, many times; it is much faster than Google Chrome–signed in to our Google account or not; but since I was informed CISP is the cause of Chrome’s stopping issue, I feel it is time for a new CISP update to solve this issue. I’ve been having trouble with Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 too—Would you kindly tell me if CISP has anything to do with the issue of Edge and IE 11 freezing up and not responding to some websites. I’m not blaming it on CISP; I’m just asking–that’s all! However; Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Chromodo all run at their normal speeds. CISP does not affect those browsers. Please respond to this message.

Sincerely,

Antone T.

Hi antone2863,
Regardless of who is at fault as far as I am aware both Google and Comodo are looking into this issue, with Comodo intending to release a fix for this as soon as possible.

In regards to the issues you are having with IE 11 and Edge I am not aware of any issues related to Comodo, but without further testing we couldn’t be sure of the cause.

Edit: There has been an issue reported in the link below that I just remembered that maybe related.
CIS 8.2.0.4674 on Windows 10 + IE11

Thanks.

Thank you very much; but I’d rather use the Chromodo browser. It launches at lightning speed. Much fast than Google Chrome. I like the fact that Comodo merged Google Chrome and Comodo Dragon and got Chromodo. It’s the BEST browser around! Google Chrome has been lagging much lately and not just with CISP—I noticed the lag with Windows Defender too. I would use Ice Dragon if Comodo would included the “Firefox sync.” We would like to sync our bookmarks and settings when we reinstall our computers or get a new one.

Did I hear correctly that there will be no more Internet Explorer soon? That could be the reason why there are issues going on with it, right? As for Microsoft Edge, someone said it is a new browser and it is in test mode. There are really no updates for it. I can understand that. My default browser is definately CHROMODO! Thank you Comodo. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi antone2863,
Apologies this is off topic.
I don’t use Sync, but can’t you login/create a FireFox account while using IceDragon from the following location?
about:preferences#sync

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Oh let me check that out. Thanks! I didn’t realize there was a sync tab. I guess it updated. I will let you know if my bookmarks and settings synced.

YESSS! I am uninstalling Mozilla Firefox because I found the sync tab in Comodo Icedragon! Thank you so much for letting me know! I love the Comodo browsers. They are much faster and more secure than the original browsers… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

MS Edge is a Windows 10 only browser. And yes, it is the replacement for IE. MS is no longer supporting IE.

So you are saying we shouldn’t be using Internet Explorer on Windows 10 as of now because MS is not supporting it with security updates, correct? Let me know so I can unpin it from my desktop and I won’t be reminded to use it. Thanks.

I never said you should’t use it. Windows 10 comes with Edge, and defaults to that browser until you say otherwise.
The browser you use is totally your choice.

I know you never said not to use IE 11. You said MS is not supporting it. I did some research and found out that there will not be any support for IE 11 in 2016. However, all of the previous versions of IE are not being supported by Microsoft—just IE 11 is still supported.

Eventually IE will be phased out. A reason to keep it is to not break support with legacy systems in corporations that rely on Active X technology.

Ok. Thanks for your support on IE 11. I am keeping it enabled on my computers. :slight_smile: