CD Blocking Downloaded Files

I don’t mind CD giving me a warning on files I download, but the current version (33.1.0.0) just BLOCKS them entirely - presenting only a DISMISS button. Whether you ignore the button or you click it, the file is still deleted.

This is exceedingly irritating … >:(

Turn off “Phishing and Malware Protection.”

Ineffective answer. This is a fundamental CHANGE to that functionality that is in conflict with the prior functionality. Maybe I WANT the phishing, but not the malware.

Again, as I have so often repeated, this ain’t rocket science, people. When you do things properly the first time, you don’t have to spend time fixing the issues later.

This is NOT how this option should function.

Hi DeathStalker77,
‘Google’s safe browsing service’ uses a blacklist and is used by CD and numerous other browsers.

BTW: The response from ‘Netguy101’ was a friendly post with good intentions.

Kind regards.

@captainsticks (and Netguy101)

Sorry! Hadn’t meant the response to come off as angry and meant no disrespect (just irritated at the issue itself).

I understand the functioning and intention of the Safe Browsing - I’m talking specifically about the CHANGE in implementation in the current version. It is different in that it will never retain a downloaded file, even if you want to retain it. This is a broken functionality.

Open dragon://downloads/ and click on Recover malicious file.

Ok, so that gets it back, but it does not address the core issue that the functionality changed, and (imho) should not have.

That is how it is in Google Chrome and the Chromium core, since I believe v 30 and up. If you don’t like it than you can always disable the protection in the settings. Also, CD is on v33.1 which hasn’t been updated in a while, and even if they did update to the Chromium v38 version, you would still receive the same result.

Hi DeathStalker77,

I understand, thank you and accepted. :slight_smile:

I understand the functioning and intention of the Safe Browsing - I'm talking specifically about the CHANGE in implementation in the current version. It is different in that it will *never* retain a downloaded file, even if you *want* to retain it. This is a broken functionality.
I am not saying I agree with the change, but I think it is done in attempt to increase security by Google. There possible is an extension to bring back the previous functionality (If I find one I will post it).

Thanks.

Been looking for such a extension myself but haven’t found 1. :frowning: