CRD 1.1 worked fine on my virtual machine, but I had some issues on a real machine with "win32.virut" virus.
1. I could not get the "Graphic Mode" to work. It halts with a black screen after loading files and booting to certain stage. It halts at different positions different times, once it showed the mouse, other times it halted before even the mouse appears.
2. Text mode worked fine. I started a scan. But I am very much surprised to see that most of the screen estate is being simply wasted.
a. There is no display of the "count of indentified threats"
in the main window.
b. The results are not being displayed in the screen and we have to go back to logs to see what happened.
There is a lot of screen area we can have a "simple scrolling list of identified threats"
c. For some reason, the progress bar and progress percentage were both wrong. Immediately after starting scan it showed "34%" and simply stayed there
. But the scan was running fine, as I could identify from changing file names.
The scan paused many a times
, I later identified seeing the logs that it was cleaning found threats during that time.It's good to see CCE/CRD cleaning infections as soon as it finds
, at last we got such an option now, but an indication of what is happening would have kept me at ease.
3. I really liked and wanted the option to "repair all/ repair/ ignore/ rename" kind of pre option very much
I hope we soon will get this implemented in to "Graphic Mode" and "CCE" and "CIS" as well