Author Topic: COMODO Cleaning Essentials ( Wishlist )  (Read 42749 times)

Offline elliotcroft

• Presto User
  • Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I draw strength from my HIPS.
Re: Comodo Cleaning Essentials ( Wishlist )
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2011, 11:38:27 AM »
I would like to be able to schedule a boot time scan with CCE. Might make removing malware easier without having to boot from a CD.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:50:31 PM by elliotcroft »

Offline kinemitor

• Comodo's Hero
Re: COMODO Cleaning Essentials ( Wishlist )
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2011, 05:24:38 PM »
CCE installed version
1. this should have a right clic context menu to scan files
2. killswitch in a passive mode opening at start and can can be set to block malware from launch (this is different from D+ "block all unknown request while application is close")
this will work like panda cloud, if no antivirus in DACS detect it as malware between *10* seconds the application is unblocked to avoid slowdowns
this feature should only be used on infected PCs, but can convert CCE on a stand alone application to protect the pc in general use, but it is not my intention
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 05:27:30 PM by kinemitor »
Win7 x64
CIS x64
OpenDNS
TrueCrypt, Sandboxie

Offline morphiusz

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Suspicious file?
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2011, 05:43:06 PM »
1.Select files to scan with DACS
2.Force start like hitman pro.

Offline Arkose

• Comodo Member
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2011, 01:59:24 AM »
I would like the verdict column to give an indication of what's going on, possibly as a tally like VirusTotal. The way it is now the verdict doesn't change at all during the process--even if there are multiple positive detections--so I keep opening them manually to see what's going on.

EDIT: also, if it's possible the VirusTotal upload feature should check the hash instead of uploading the file, and if a match is found ask whether you want to see the existing results or scan it again. VirusTotal's own VirusTotal Uploader offers this sort of functionality. For big files it can end up being faster to query VirusTotal through another method rather than waiting for KillSwitch to upload it again.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:07:49 PM by Arkose »

Offline goodjohn1984

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2011, 06:22:36 PM »
Will CCE get a Contect Menu Scanning Option in the near future?

I think that would be very nice, simply right clicking on a file/files or folder/folders/etc, and have CCE scan them with a click of the mouse; without having to manually open CCE each time and do a Custom Scan. :)

Offline morphiusz

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Suspicious file?
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2011, 06:31:37 PM »
CCE is portable.

Offline goodjohn1984

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2011, 06:39:24 PM »
CCE is portable.

So there is a way to Add CCE to the Context Menu?  ???

If so, please explain it and/or add screenshots and/or a video and/or something. :D :)

Offline spainach_12

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2011, 11:11:32 AM »
To add to Lord Ami's earlier request, Hitman's Force Breach mode (see http://hitmanpro.wordpress.com/2010/03/16/hitman-pro-in-force-breach-mode/), removing all unnecessary processes and then preventing any application launching via tactics similar to Dr. Web CureIt's enhanced protection mode (a kind of strict pseudo-safe mode, in my opinion). Just to eliminate the task of having to download an emergency scanner/cleaning tool and run it in safe mode. And along with it, an option to be intelligently (minimal to no user intervention) selective (only processes that interfere and/or conflict) with which processes to terminate (for advanced users who are working on something important and are sure that no other process other than the one they are to choose is malicious). Yeah, KillSwitch can already terminate it, but what I'm asking is that it be capable of terminating multiple processes in one request and blocking them for the time CCE is running.
If you want to change the system, you need to learn how to break it.

Windows 7 Starter dualboot BodhiLinux | BitDefender AV Free| Windows Firewall | NTFS File Permissions | Commandline | Spider Senses

Offline Formula84

« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2011, 08:38:07 AM »
To add to Lord Ami's earlier request, Hitman's Force Breach mode (see http://hitmanpro.wordpress.com/2010/03/16/hitman-pro-in-force-breach-mode/), removing all unnecessary processes and then preventing any application launching via tactics similar to Dr. Web CureIt's enhanced protection mode (a kind of strict pseudo-safe mode, in my opinion). Just to eliminate the task of having to download an emergency scanner/cleaning tool and run it in safe mode. And along with it, an option to be intelligently (minimal to no user intervention) selective (only processes that interfere and/or conflict) with which processes to terminate (for advanced users who are working on something important and are sure that no other process other than the one they are to choose is malicious). Yeah, KillSwitch can already terminate it, but what I'm asking is that it be capable of terminating multiple processes in one request and blocking them for the time CCE is running.

Yeah, I love Hitman Pro it is an excellent product, maybe CCE could get some if its awesome features.

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
    • My homepage at the moment
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2011, 01:54:55 PM »
Yeah, I love Hitman Pro it is an excellent product, maybe CCE could get some if its awesome features.

And the scan engine.

Regards

CEVPN: Valentin N

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline meeee2

• Comodo Member
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2011, 07:38:07 AM »

+1

Also, it would be nice if CCE/KillSwitch could always be on foreground, in case some fullscreen (ransom) malware is running.
I tested one today (which for some reason didn't fill the whole screen) and couldn't terminate it via KillSwitch, just because the "are you sure you want to terminate this program" dialog box was hidden behind the malware.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:01:37 AM by meeee2 »

Offline spainach_12

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2011, 06:13:54 AM »
+1

Also, it would be nice if CCE/KillSwitch could always be on foreground, in case some fullscreen (ransom) malware is running.
I tested one today (which for some reason didn't fill the whole screen) and couldn't terminate it via KillSwitch, just because the "are you sure you want to terminate this program" dialog box was hidden behind the malware.

+1 to that. But do make it as optional. It's not always that we'd want that.

Windows 7 Starter dualboot BodhiLinux | BitDefender AV Free| Windows Firewall | NTFS File Permissions | Commandline | Spider Senses

Online EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »
+1 to that. But do make it as optional. It's not always that we'd want that.
Then we would need a shortcut key(combination) to call KS to front and make it stick at the front.

Offline spainach_12

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2011, 07:00:27 AM »
Then we would need a shortcut key(combination) to call KS to front and make it stick at the front.
Agreed.  :-TU

Offline kinemitor

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2011, 09:19:07 PM »
command line
Win7 x64
CIS x64
OpenDNS
TrueCrypt, Sandboxie

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek