Author Topic: COMODO Cleaning Essentials 1.6.183539.73 has been released!  (Read 23998 times)

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: COMODO Cleaning Essentials 1.6.183539.73 has been released!
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2011, 02:07:37 PM »
Did you also try to restart the browser after cleaning?

Offline nime

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo Family Member
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2011, 04:29:17 PM »
I neither can start a new thread in this board.

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2011, 04:37:16 PM »
Yea, the Post new topics permission is off for this board. We'll need to check this to see if there is a reason for it.
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2011, 04:45:06 PM »
Did you also try to restart the browser after cleaning?
Yes.
Kail brought the answer.
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2011, 03:07:07 PM »
All

The Post new topics permission for this board has now been restored. So, you may now create new topics.
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2011, 08:38:57 PM »
All

The Post new topics permission for this board has now been restored. So, you may now create new topics.
Not really for me :'(
avast! team member

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2011, 11:11:24 PM »
Not really for me :'(
Fixed!

Kail Fixed the Permissions for "Normal" Members; as you are apart of Usability Study Member(s); so you Kail's fix didn't apply to you

Kind Regards
Thanks....Jake

Please Follow The Forum Rules!

I'm Offline!

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2011, 01:29:39 AM »
Oops, sorry about Tech.

Thanks Jacob.
Forum Policy.
____

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2011, 09:43:13 AM »
Ok. Working now. Thanks.
I'll make my report about CCE soon.
avast! team member

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2011, 03:02:58 PM »
will dacs be back in the next version of cce or does it still need a lot of work?

also will dacs one day scan all unknown file and not just the unknown files in memory?

Offline dave1234

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2011, 04:12:54 PM »
 Hi Trscsaeg,
will dacs be back in the next version of cce or does it still need a lot of work?

also will dacs one day scan all unknown file and not just the unknown files in memory?
please see my previous post. Cis Av scans files other than memory.
Hi trscaeg.At the moment Dacs scans only in memory.I understand that may change to scan all files if and when it is implemented within Cis realtime, in future.Apparently Dacs is now not working in the new 1.6 release, see my previous posts, and works in the old 1.5 version, in memory.

Regards
Dave1234.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2011, 01:35:00 AM »
Very interesting in this latest CCE version this is something that I need for my USB but it only 'On Demanded' scan, and interesting to have another 'On Demanded' AV scan for a desktop PC just in case if their 'Real Time' AV might missed a virus or something very difficult to removed.

PS. Tech what do you think of CCE adding next to you're Avast as a 'On Demanded'
ASUS G75VX-T4153H - Avast Free v10.0.2206 - Outpost Pro Firewall v9.1 - W8 64bit - Firefox (NS/AdP/LP/TSB/TL/Web/Ghost/VT) - Thunderbird (AdP) - MBAM Premium + MBAE - Secunia PSI - CCleaner - MCShield - Macrium Reflect Standard

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2011, 07:55:17 AM »
PS. Tech what do you think of CCE adding next to you're Avast as a 'On Demanded'
Interesting. But in my point of view and personal experience there are some drawbacks in CCE:
1. Regarding the false alert reports, they're not being corrected. For instance, the avast sandbox folder.
2. The scanning speed: it is too slow, really. It could take 20 hours to scan the full computer... In this time some users can restore a backup much more quickly.
3. The update process. I'm not sure it's incremental (seems not) and it is very slow.

I could follow the tremendous on demand scanning improvement from avast 4 to 6. The earlier versions are constantly blamed because on demand scanning speed. We, always, defend saying the important is the on access speed. But, of course, now is better. Sources:
http://www.anti-malware-test.com/?q=node/167
hxxp://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/ondret/avc_od_aug2010.pdf
avast! team member

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2011, 04:57:50 AM »
Hi Trscsaeg, please see my previous post. Cis Av scans files other than memory.
Hi trscaeg.At the moment Dacs scans only in memory.I understand that may change to scan all files if and when it is implemented within Cis realtime, in future.Apparently Dacs is now not working in the new 1.6 release, see my previous posts, and works in the old 1.5 version, in memory.

Regards
Dave1234.

i'm aware now that DACS currently scans in memory only and that DACS is only in 1.5 version because of your previous post which i read. i assume that DACS has the capability to one day scan all unknown files and not just the ones in memory once it's integrated into CIS and don't see why it couldn't one day do the same in CCE so i assume already that this could be a possibility in the future. and i know CIS AV scans unknown files other than memory but i never asked about that.

But my questions are:

will DACS one day scan unknown files other than just the ones in memory? not is it a possibility

will DACS be back in the next version? meaning i know i.6 is the latest and am asking if it will be in the version following 1.6 or a variant of 1.6? not if it' available in an older version.

i know this comes off as rude and i really don't mean for to be but it's the only way i know how to put it because my objective for these questions are to get concrete answers from someone who knows for sure the answers to them such as melih or other comodo staff.

but i do thank you for your reply because i did learn that DACS is in 1.5. you sound like you keep up with this stuff pretty well and i appreciate that

Offline SpeedyPC

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2011, 02:08:12 AM »
Interesting. But in my point of view and personal experience there are some drawbacks in CCE:
1. Regarding the false alert reports, they're not being corrected. For instance, the avast sandbox folder.
2. The scanning speed: it is too slow, really. It could take 20 hours to scan the full computer... In this time some users can restore a backup much more quickly.
3. The update process. I'm not sure it's incremental (seems not) and it is very slow.

I could follow the tremendous on demand scanning improvement from avast 4 to 6. The earlier versions are constantly blamed because on demand scanning speed. We, always, defend saying the important is the on access speed. But, of course, now is better. Sources:
http://www.anti-malware-test.com/?q=node/167
hxxp://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/ondret/avc_od_aug2010.pdf

Thanks for you're current feedback Tech I don't have any false alert reports so far with the latest CCE, and thanks for the latest review for the two links very interesting and I believe Comodo may have a long way to go improving the CCE.
ASUS G75VX-T4153H - Avast Free v10.0.2206 - Outpost Pro Firewall v9.1 - W8 64bit - Firefox (NS/AdP/LP/TSB/TL/Web/Ghost/VT) - Thunderbird (AdP) - MBAM Premium + MBAE - Secunia PSI - CCleaner - MCShield - Macrium Reflect Standard

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek