CCE has gone quiet

Hi just wondering about the development of CCE…3 months since last update. Any news about further developments and or next release?
Thx

It will be new version soon…with major changes in KillSwitch, new features.

great news I look forward to this new release
thx morphiusz

+1

Will DACS be back in new version?

your guess is as good as mine. comodo hasnt said anything

i wonder if comodos killswitch will be in the next update. Melih has said they wrote their own code for killswitch instead of using process hacker

Yes… this is “major changes” which I mentioned.

glad to see it’s not dead. this product has the potential to be one of the most groundbreaking ever in computer security. i hope DACS will be back and hope to see it in CIS in the future

At what point CCE + Killswitch will be implemented in CIS? In other words, when can we expect CCE + Killswitch do be integrated in CIS?

Thanks,

i dont think they will be. Melih has made it very clear that they are made for two separate purposes and there is no need to integrate them.

Whilst I completely understand Melihs reasoning on there being a need for 2 separate applications for protecting and cleaning, it has to be said that CIS and CCe share the same ‘definitions’ and cleaning capabilities so he/Comodo kind of contradict one another.

Still, I love both applications (I hate shortening that word now that Apple has taken it!) and use Killswitch all the time.

One question: is there a way of Killswitch replacing Task manager without turning UAC off?

you have read wrong then. yes cis and cce share the same definitions but cce has stronger cleaning capabilities.

this is a quote from the first cce release by egemen one of the head developers

Simple. CCE is a set of tools we created for cleaning the infected computers. The main application, CCE, is a powerful virus, spyware, rookit scanner and cleaner.[b] It has many advanced scanning and cleaning techniques that are not present in CIS yet[/b]

Yeah, I do know and understand the differences, there have been many times where CCE has removed an infection that CIS missed or couldn’t access. What I meant is that CIS does have a ‘clean’ facility, just like every other AV program out there and it DOES share the same definitions.

We may be getting Killswitch in CIS if Melih keeps this promise:

:-TU :slight_smile:

I hope so, it can be decided by the community and dev team whether it will work when testing it during the beta phases.

+1 :-TU

indeed but killswitch will need its own beta first since comodo is writing their own code now instead of using process hacker

The sooner the new release the better.
+1 ;D