Author Topic: CCE Bsod the hell out of my computer  (Read 6526 times)

Offline ranget

• Comodo Member
Re: CCE Bsod the hell out of my computer
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 08:21:54 AM »
thanks guys i'm trying to do a clean install for windows once i found a Vista home premium install disk

because the laptop recovery disk will delete all hard partion and install windows  :-TD

anyway thanks for the help really appreciate it  :a0
i Like my own world
I'm junior Geek

Offline rogerg2

• Comodo's Hero
  • If It Is Not Broken, DO NOT TRY TO FIX IT!
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 02:35:05 PM »
I cannot understand just how some people can go ahead and fully blame the software for any of the problems that they are having? I mean, I could possibly understand any problems if this was still an alpha, beta, or even a RC version(s), of this product, but a product that has been out for so many months? Could it possibly be a case of "user" and/or Insulation or computer problems? I have been using this product since the beta creation and I have not one single time at any problems whatsoever due to the issues of this product.

Just my two cents worth. :-)
Windows 7 Ultimate/Asus Crosshair V Formula/AMD 8350FX 4.4xx GHz/CD 31.1 /CIS 7.0.315459.4132/Norton DNS/Malwarebytes 2.0.1.1004

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 03:25:08 PM »
I cannot understand just how some people can go ahead and fully blame the software for any of the problems that they are having? I mean, I could possibly understand any problems if this was still an alpha, beta, or even a RC version(s), of this product, but a product that has been out for so many months? Could it possibly be a case of "user" and/or Insulation or computer problems? I have been using this product since the beta creation and I have not one single time at any problems whatsoever due to the issues of this product.

Just my two cents worth. :-)

This is exactly the reason Comodo was reluctant to make this software available to all users. It's all too easy to cause damage to your OS if you don't know what you're doing. This is not a tool for novices.

Offline SG65

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 05:56:57 PM »
I cannot understand just how some people can go ahead and fully blame the software for any of the problems that they are having?
A frozen machine with no safe mode available is not just another problem.

This is exactly the reason Comodo was reluctant to make this software available to all users.
I'm sure an unfinished software has nothing to do with this and many other similar situations.
An irresponsible aproach will be excused in the name of goodwill.

Offline rogerg2

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 06:07:44 PM »
This is exactly the reason Comodo was reluctant to make this software available to all users. It's all too easy to cause damage to your OS if you don't know what you're doing. This is not a tool for novices.

Exactly, and I can almost guarantee that 98.9998% of the problems that people are incurring by using this software is NOT Comodo's inability to create a fully complete product but, is the users inability to use the product knowledgeably and responsibly. :-)
Windows 7 Ultimate/Asus Crosshair V Formula/AMD 8350FX 4.4xx GHz/CD 31.1 /CIS 7.0.315459.4132/Norton DNS/Malwarebytes 2.0.1.1004

Offline ranget

• Comodo Member
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 04:57:10 AM »
i told you it's not comodo fault it's maybe my fault so i'm not pining anything on comodo

But my computer briked with no safe mode and i want it to work again Plain and simple

i have recovery disck from the manifacturer but they will earse all of the partion on the disck

that will delte all data i have on the laptop

for that i'm looking For a Vista Home Premuim installation disck
so i can get my computer to it pervious condition

any way i used the minixp   to back up the Importent Data so if i loosed the data it won't be a full lose
" My external Hard disk  storage is a bit smaller than what i need  :D"

anyway i Like Comodo Product and i wish to get more of your amazing Product for another OS and i said that in the wish List

Comodo is great     

but if i got a problem i'm not  Pointing Fingres at comodo Just i wanted to tell you about the Bug
and maybe i got some help to restore my computer

anyway igot what i need and thanks for the help
and sorry for the Bad english
i Like my own world
I'm junior Geek

Offline rogerg2

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 01:28:53 PM »
I do apologize if my responses were taken in any tone of hostility towards you and your present situation. I have just from reading all of these newbie problems being directed towards Comodo and their selection of fine products.

I do not own a laptop so I cannot be of any help to you for your present situation but, I do wish you luck.

Roger :-)

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 07:20:12 PM »
i was using it scanned for 6 houres

then it said 'you have to restart the Computer to scan for hidden sevices'

and Bam Bsod   even if i want to boot in safe mode   
is "scanning" allready one of the dangerous parts?

this came into my mind after reading:
a 100% malware remover is possible, when it forces the user to reinstall the operation system ;)
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there was no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen."

Offline SG65

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 04:00:22 AM »
98.9998% of the problems
Can you enlighten us as to how you came to that figure?

and I can almost guarantee
Almost?
You just gave "non scientific" a new illustration.

is the users inability to use the product knowledgeably and responsibly. :-)
With the many scanners I've used I always presumed that "scan" would mean "scan".
It never crossed my mind that my "inability" would cause a serious issue. Since it never did, I must be a very lucky bugger.

Offline SG65

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 04:02:19 AM »

a 100% malware remover is possible, when it forces the user to reinstall the operation system ;)

Indeed.

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 05:01:41 AM »
Guys

A less confrontational tone/stance would be much appreciated here, thanks.
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline ranget

• Comodo Member
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 08:11:49 AM »
I do apologize if my responses were taken in any tone of hostility towards you and your present situation. I have just from reading all of these newbie problems being directed towards Comodo and their selection of fine products.

I do not own a laptop so I cannot be of any help to you for your present situation but, I do wish you luck.

Roger :-)

Thanks

a 100% malware remover is possible, when it forces the user to reinstall the operation system

that what i want to do but it's the Recovery disk fault
the recovery disk will force me to Delete all Partions and Re install the OS then all my data on
the Non system partion will get deleted
iwas looking on microsoft web site for a windows vista installer disk   iso
i didn't find anything 
because installer disk are very easy to use  like windows 7 installer disk i just choose the drive and install the window Plain and simple
Quote from: rogerg2 on August 27, 2011, 06:07:44 PM
98.9998% of the problems
Can you enlighten us as to how you came to that figure?

it was the last thing waiting for  the system to restart
i also remember updating Avira anit virus

it also could be a malware that detected comodo and briked the window so it wont get detected
i heard alot about rootkits doing this kind of stuff

Almost?
Dude i told you english is not my forign Language 
so you have to use your imagination a little

thanks for your help it's not like it's my fault or i'm pointing fingers

i just came here to get help  :(

i Like my own world
I'm junior Geek

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 10:54:35 AM »
Almost?
i just came here to get help  :(
ranget, SG65 has been on your side as he wrote about the "can almost guarantee" of rogerg2.
as its really not nice if someone asks for help after a scan made problems and gets bad answers, as if the "new user" is guilty for things to happen automatically. and as if its bad to ask for help then.

personally i would say, its bad what happened to you. and an re-installation after a scan is not acceptable. you had no chance to avoid it, as far as we know at this point. and if you try to excuse "your invisible mistakes", there will allways be people who think that all is your fault.
if you dont excuse for possible things which no one can specify at the moment, its up to them to find your faults. and maybe they would not find them.
persons first, then programs. that would be the right order of helping. is the comodo program better if the new user is blamed when something went wrong? this is totally not usefull to post here.
a person needs help.
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there was no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen."

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 11:09:48 AM »
OK, now that has been clarified.. any chance we can get back on topic (ie. helping the user)? Thanks.
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline SG65

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 05:28:13 PM »
OK, now that has been clarified.. any chance we can get back on topic (ie. helping the user)? Thanks.
Good point.
In that case, and correcting one of my previous posts, MBAM http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_pro is the way to go.

But the "user" is beyond help, is he not?

What should one do if the machine doesn't boot in safe mode?
Reinstall the OS, isn't it?

Too long a thread for such an obvious conclusion.
Too long a thread for such an obvious culprit.

For someone who doesn't have English as first language, the "user" expresses himself colourfully.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek