COMODO Backup 4.3.1.22 freeze on system backup start

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Win7 32bit and 64bit, test on both

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
    avast antivirus and kaspersky antivirus, acronis true image 2013 and 2014

• How you produced the problem;
    Starting a system backup via button on home screen of COMODO BackUp, latest version

• How you tried to resolve the problem;
    waiting, re-installing, rebooting, different win7 flavors with latest updates, 32bit and 64bit, different other software. Only Acronis True Image, Firefox, etc. is installed on every tested notebook.

• Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    Nothing interesting, white window after a few seconds. Before that the last line is “Performing backup operation…”
    https://app.ccloud.com/

• if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
    https://app.ccloud.com/

• Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used);
    Simple file backup works as expected…

Greetings
:cry:

Hi,

Is it possible to have debug logs from the computer where this dump file was collected?

Thanks

Hi,

Our QA reproduced a similar issue and we fixed it. If you want to try it attached, is a replacement for CBU.exe in installation folder (Windows 32 bit).

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi, it seems to work now, but the progress indicators stays zero. See it on the attached screenshot.

Hi again, mounting an existing backup file does not work. Screenshot attached.
I have tested it via mouse-right-click and directly via CB as you can see on the screenshot. The mounting progress bar runs up between 75 % and 86 %. Changing the snapshot number doesn’t change the behavior. And if the backup location is on C: or on an other external disk it doesn’t change the behavior, too.

Hi

Please collect debug logs for both issues above. The fix I provided is only for 32 bit Windows.

Thanks

Hi again,
the system is 32bit win 7 with latest patches.

See debug logs attached. I can mount the CBU… :-[
… testing … The error only appears with larger files.

The progress bar remains at 0% for system backups. For file backups it works well instead.

I’ve attached 2 images. One is “NICHT gesichert” (Not backed up). But I did a system backup a minute before.
The other image is about english text in german program language. And the “komprimierte Größe” cannot be bigger than the “unkomprimierte Größe”. The text lines should be swapped.

How much RAM is recommended? This old DELL notebook has only 2 GB. So a second run of incremental system backup stops with “not enough memory”.

Hi,

The issue with progress remaining at 0% and the freeze issue will be fixed in a release next week.

When this issue happens again please check task manager to see which process consumes most memory. We are interested to see if there is anything abnormal with CBU or System process. Please also go to Performance TAB (in task manager) and post the information displayed in “Physical memory” and “Kernel Memory” sections. This will help us track the cause of this memory leak.

Thanks