COMODO Backup 4.3.1.22 Bug Reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.
Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file.
  • Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used);
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Windows 7 64bit

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed;

Seagate DiskWizard, COMODO Internet Security Premium

• How you produced the problem;

Program started as administrator, all settings were set as default, :

1. I tried to manually check for updates: Help > Check for updates. After clicking on the link the program stopped working and OS showed “Comodo BackUp has stopped working” window.

2. Home Summary > System Backup: Last Log event was “Performing Backup operation”. Then program stayed frozen.

• How you tried to resolve the problem;

Nothing yet.

• Screen-shots with the error (if any);

N/A

• if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file.
  • Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used);

Windows 7 64bit

[attachment deleted by admin]

Description: When I run following script (batch) I get a strange error message. It worked before I updated to version 4.3.2.

echo Copying files...
"%ProgramFiles%\COMODO\COMODO BackUp\CBU.exe" /backup_operation /type filesandfolders /source "D:\X" /compressionlevel low /destinationtype destinationtypediskfile /destinationpath "F:\X.cbu" /backup_type incremental /diskusage high /processorusage normal /noLogToScreen /silentRun /log_file "F:\log.txt" /log_method "create"

Specs: Win 7 64, other soft: CIS

Thanks,
celerity

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

We need a dump file to determine the cause of the freeze. Please create a dump file.

Thanks

Hi,

What version did you have before 4.3.2?

Thanks

Hi,

I don’t know. Is there a way to check that? It might have been 4.1.4.0 - but I’m not sure.

Thanks,
celerity

If you tell me when approximately you installed it, I can confirm if it was 4.1.4.0
Is there anything special about the Windows 7 operating system? It seems that CB can’t detect network computers properly.

Thanks

You might be right. Perhaps CIS blocked the CB update somehow (cause it worked before the update). I’ll look into that. Thanks.